2nd of September was the day!

5 people stranded on an Island, one fat American Kid tells the other four kids some of whom are Asian, You are to fish, you hunt all day and you cook all day, you make my clothes and I will just sit here and eat 4.5 portions and at the end of the day, while the rest of you can split the final 0.5 portion between you all.

The Fat American also points out as I get fatter my need to eat increases and you will need to produce more.

I get the concept that the asians no longer want to fish and hunt to feed the fat American but this is only talking about labour though so it's not really relevant.

My take would be this: "5 kids on a remote island. 1 american who has 5 boxes of gold coins and 4 asians who decide to make his clothes and build fires and shelter in return for money to buy fish. Also on the island is a fisherman who will take coins for fish.

The american pays them enough for 0.5 portions of food if they do the tasks. He eats 4.5 a day. This goes well until the american realises that his last three boxes are empty. This means that the asians' gold coins are worth more and the american has to eat less.

But now the asians have no job and they too run out of gold coins so they can't eat either. One of the asians saved and another bought stocks in the fishmongers. But now the fishmonger goes out of business and the stocks and savings are useless."(y)

"China's exports were down 23pc in August; Japan's were down 36pc; industrial production has dropped by 23pc in Japan, 18pc in Italy, 17pc in Germany, 13pc in France and Russia and 11pc in the US."

And this is WITH an unprecedented stimulus plan across the globe. Markets are pricing in growth that doesn't exist. Just like the 2008 unwind, people refuse to acknowledge the bad news until a Lehman style event forces them to.

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Coming China Collapse...

Riposte..

I don't think you really get my overall point. You're calling for an end to the reckless U.S. economy but are failing to see the repercussions of that.

China relies on exports. No exports = no domestic spending = rising social unrest.

Not none but reduced globally to the US consuming no more than their level of production (US - Balanced Book), which would still see a massive reduction however

China has also relied on a manipulated currency to sell to it's main trading partners in the west. If this ends; again there is no more exports and no more money coming into the coffers. The few trillion they have won't go very far when the assets bubbles in China pop. Some economists are calling China the mother of all bubbles.

The manipulation has been by US officials, China just happened to gain export capability as a result, and will lose some if aloud to float up to correct equilibrium (desirable), plus things will go up if aloud, hence my comments on inflation, as china would still be one of the primary suppliers just less competitive.

Volume consumed would drop, over capacity seems a point we agree upon (Caused by excessive consumption US/GB) since when did we need a new car every 2 yrs. and other items.

My point is that overcapacity has been built up so if the U.S. goes down, it's taking the world with it and China will crumble with the rest.

Nobody has denied the Interconnectivity of the Global system however the US will go down as it will its consumption, but that consumption was spread all over the globe.

If the US goes down say 20% in total consumption and that equals x Trillion that will be spread around all trading nations for which the US has participated with. But a large part of that will be domestic, that which is offshore will be borne by Toyota, Sony and Honda in Japan, China, BMW & Merc in Germany, UK etc.

Thereby lets say 60% of x Trillion will be import spending all nations of the world will lose a share, most will not lose the same as the US's aggregate whole in % terms although China will be close and will probably try secure market elsewhere.

So Global Demand will be 'right sized' but remember those floated currency will have buying power they never had before remember Japan buying up New York and the Japanese tourist on every block, domestic bubble could deflate if capital can chase offshore in states for example.

So all nations of the world will carry the international element of the X trillion reduction in consumption Spread between them.

It may APPEAR that they are growing miraculously from the ashes and brink of depression, but they are printing money just like the west. Some of this money is feeding into the equity and land markets, which is almost identical to Japan pre-90s.

No long run growth rate of 8% is sustainable for ever, but remeber we are bringing a previously uninvolved 2/3 rds's of global population into the market economy for the first time in just Inda and China never mind Indonesia etc..

They are Smart, hard working and ready to do your job for less, the decline of american influence is inevitable.

Military, innovation/entrpreneurial mindset all the reasons I have heard are not changing that, whilst the world may go through pain with America they are in the eye of the storms path, they will come out smaller in the enlarged global society thereafter.

They were meant to become the no.1 economy then too.

They Bubbled (JPN), correct and China should learn to let investment go offshore to protect against a wall of capital pushing domestic prices.

On Japan, one property 'mogul' of the 90's put a Million US and was lent $50 Mill he bought property, refinaced with another bank at $100 Million valuation they extended him $1billion against his $50 Mill equity! Not sure the Chinese will be letting that happen on the same scale after what they have witnessed in US but possible.(y)

Last edited:
Citi: No Obvious Relationship Between Gold And Inflation

Markets are ahead of themselves as always. If 8% CPI gave us $200, why should inflation under 0 and still falling require $1000 gold?

Thus the current price of gold may already price-in very high inflation (or very weak dollar) expectations, which if not met could lead to a sharp reversal for the metal.

I
It may APPEAR that they are growing miraculously from the ashes and brink of depression, but they are printing money just like the west.

So what else would you do to purchase 2 trillion worthless bits of paper?

My predcition on Gold from a week or so back.

For Those who viewed the last clip early in this thread.

I put up this chart for Gold. The point being on balance of probabilities a great opportunity to get in on Gold again before a nice brisk move to $1038 will present itself shortly.

I expect a pull back from $1020 level into the range before the move. I also Included my EUR Gold prediction which I mentioned may wrap into a new weekly candle before breaking the key EUR 700 level.

Charts below, lets see.

Attachments

• Gold USD 29.9.09 The Market Sniper Predicts.....png
    Gold USD 29.9.09 The Market Sniper Predicts.....png
    191.5 KB · Views: 116
  • EURO GOLD I predict 28.9.09.jpg
    EURO GOLD I predict 28.9.09.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 141
Citi: No Obvious Relationship Between Gold And Inflation

Markets are ahead of themselves as always. If 8% CPI gave us $200, why should inflation under 0 and still falling require $1000 gold?

Thus the current price of gold may already price-in very high inflation (or very weak dollar) expectations, which if not met could lead to a sharp reversal for the metal.

Fancy That a bailed out Bankrupt bank, deriding the ultimate value store for 3000 years.

Of course people who turn to Gold in times of currency & T-Bills turning to paper mache are dinosaurs, Mr Banker in all your demonstrated wisdom! :cheesy:

The chart speaks for itself.

The value store argument is the only leg the bulls have to stand on.

In the event of any crisis, the FED will probably confiscate gold like Roosevelt.

What kind of value store is that?

The middle east rumour is a classic case of Buy the rumour/sell the fact!:D

Markets have regularly proved to be inefficient as long-term pricing mechanisms.
The herd mentality just continues until an event forces them to reassess.

The middle east rumour is a classic case of Buy the rumour/sell the fact!:D

Markets have regularly proved to be inefficient as long-term pricing mechanisms.
The herd mentality just continues until an event forces them to reassess.

I have been reassessing over Gold the Last 5 years from around $300 Through the consolidation and continuation at $550 and up to $962 recently.

Meeting all my targets and making money. $1036 Target now struck, more money in the bank.

Last edited:
I have been reassessing over Gold the Last 5 years from around $300 Through the consolidation and continuation at $550 and up to $962 recently.

Meeting all my targets and making money. $1036 Target now struck, more money in the bank.

That's fair enough if you're making money on paper gold. I'm talking about longer term physical issues.

Literally 30 mins after my post I saw a blog comment asking advice on how to invest £10k in gold, without risking a dollar fall.

The new high is about to bring the punters off the sidelines to experience the next excruciating experience of market speculation. Good luck to them.

Errr didn't you say $1038 not $1036 ? :LOL:

Once the pattern concluded it provided an actual projection prior to this was assumptive.

The pattern did not congest as long as it may have hence the lower projection.

Either way I am out at $1036 on the USD although I am sure $1038-42 will fall at some point, I'd sooner not get caught in any interim consolidation especially on larger size.

I remain in the XAUEUR trade and I await 708 Eur there.

I hope this clarify's matters the last clip on the BO provided the target revision.

That's fair enough if you're making money on paper gold. I'm talking about longer term physical issues.

Literally 30 mins after my post I saw a blog comment asking advice on how to invest £10k in gold, without risking a dollar fall.

The new high is about to bring the punters off the sidelines to experience the next excruciating experience of market speculation. Good luck to them.

I trade what I see technically, However even at a fundamental level my opinion differs from yours, fair enough.

'The conspiracy of the rich' sees the street smart, stealing from the 'chav' poor, it dictates that overnight a cottage industry has exploded in buying old gold Jewelry.

I have seen 3 separate companies advertising now. Unemployed distressed laddos, with fat link gold chains are handing them over for what they think is good money, maybe more than they paid some 6 years ago, dispite their lessor condition. little do they know, their one item of constant value in these inflating times is being stripped off them.

I am sure the smelter in the back office is burning on high, as the scramble for Gold continues!

intrsting to see gold moving on its own here without the $..but i maintain my long term outlook! this is prolly a ramp up to take out buy stops and lure suckers in