$2,200 in profits today

"so we short"

....then get stopped out......oops

Thank you! As Jay-Z says "A wise man said, don't argue with fools, cuz people from a distance can't tell who is who." You are absolutely right, first of all, that the target would have been hit, based on the pip distance. This particular trade had a target of 12 pips but actually, the pair moved close to 60 pips before going in the opposite direction so that would be about 5x the expected profit. Isn't it weird when people comment about things that they know absolutely nothing about? My second point is; I posted that chart just to get some clarification about the method, which someone just put me on to. I don't claim it to be my method. I don't ask anyone to follow it and I don't claim to have profited from it..although I did profit from it big time today.

Right, I just don't like to see put-downs. Like you said, the pair moved far enough to profit from in this scenario. Who knows what happens in the next 200 trades, but you probably wouldn't have gotten stopped out here.

I've had plenty of systems and gone through my trials and all but one thing I've always done is remain positive and supportive to those around me. 9 out of 10 T2W traders do the same, I appreciate that.

Thank you for the support!!
Right, I just don't like to see put-downs. Like you said, the pair moved far enough to profit from in this scenario. Who knows what happens in the next 200 trades, but you probably wouldn't have gotten stopped out here.:clap:

I've had plenty of systems and gone through my trials and all but one thing I've always done is remain positive and supportive to those around me. 9 out of 10 T2W traders do the same, I appreciate that.

"so we short"

....then get stopped out......oops

Unbelievably. He nets more than 37 pips by my count on the very first break after the consolidated count and somehow, right before everyone's eyes, he gets stopped out? On what planet? Pluto or Greed? Only in a very delusional world, does a 37 potential net profit, return itself as a stop struck.

If you can't make living on a minimum of 10 pips in the currency markets, then you don't belong in the currency markets, as most (liquid enough) pairs have spreads that can easily accommodate a healthy lifestyle on 10 pips a day, if the trader knew anything about how to use leverage and money management to their advantage. So, 37+ pips is 300% more then anyone needs to live like a king, in a relatively short period of time.

or... Sniper uses the pip distance of the hybrid bar as his target profit and there's a good chance he nails it.

No kidding. Pray-tell.

Sitting inside an H1 trade forever, waiting on 1 million pips to materialize like the tooth fairy, based on a single indicator (not even something that can be called a Trade Signal), is tantamount to buying a lottery ticket, winning the $25 pay-off, but sitting on the fat of one's rear-end waiting for somebody to come pick you up and drive your lazy, delusional self to the corner store to pick-up the prize.

Heck, just pay a friend $5 to take you to the corner store (some 100 yards from your front door) and pocket the remaining $20 - then call it a day. Sitting around and waiting for the MegaMillions Lotto Payout, on something so unsophisticated (consolidating bars) is foolish to say the least.

Amazing and hilarious - all at the same time.

Last edited:
It is not a system, per se. Although, I'm always arguing that any rule driven trade is a "system" of sorts. It was a very simplistic exercise in thinking outside the box, in ways that nobody else is thinking at the moment.

Naysaying is a real disease in the trading world, as it causes people to suffer serious mental regression.

The key to trading (anything) is high-probability entries, risk mitigation exists and target zone optimization. I never wrote a solitary word about when, where or how to exit. I showed you how to get in, but not how to get out. If anyone and I mean anyone, sits inside a trade that was generated using a 1 hour bar (for goodness sakes!) for a billion light years, waiting for both both heaven and earth to reappear renewed, then maybe "Trading" is not the business for you, because it does not take much mental horsepower to figure out that the magnitude on a 1 hour bar can't possibly last forever.

Trade2Win, yep.

You're pretty funny. I couldn't believe they said I was stopped out but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just figure they don't understand the method and couldn't grasp the notations that I made on the chart. I haven't seen any more negative posts on the thread from this guy since then so maybe he's on vacation.
Unbelievably. He nets more than 37 pips by my count on the very first break after the consolidated count and somehow, right before everyone's eyes, he gets stopped out? On what planet? Pluto or Greed? Only in a very delusional world, does a 37 potential net profit, return itself as a stop struck.

If you can't make living on a minimum of 10 pips in the currency markets, then you don't belong in the currency markets, as most (liquid enough) pairs have spreads that can easily accommodate a healthy lifestyle on 10 pips a day, if the trader knew anything about how to use leverage and money management to their advantage. So, 37+ pips is 300% more then anyone needs to live like a king, in a relatively short period of time.

You're pretty funny. I couldn't believe they said I was stopped out but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just figure they don't understand the method and couldn't grasp the notations that I made on the chart. I haven't seen any more negative posts on the thread from this guy since then so maybe he's on vacation.

Nah, the last post from him got deleted actually...

I'd leave the negative Naysaying posts up. The best disinfectant is light.

You're pretty funny.

I'm glad somebody "got it." It was just a small idea used to spark imagination.

Innovate, not recreate, is my motto. There has to be a billion different ways to approach this, but only one consistent way is necessary for success.

Last edited:
a trade that was generated using a 1 hour bar (for goodness sakes!)

There is nothing wrong with 1hr bars if you take a 1hr view ...
Someone entering using a 5min bar might ride a trade for 6 hours or 72 bars.
I trade 1hr bars and ride them for 3 days or more often and I do give them hours to work as well ...

You make a lot of generalisations ... 10 pips on GBPJPY or USDNOK is not the same as 10 pips on the S&P futs or USDJPY. Making a living on 10 pips a day is not just a function of clever leverage but about risk & account size, trading style and market traded.

These bars are pause or indecision bars and at best have a win rate of 50%.
If you are taking 10 pips and running and not making at least a little better than you risked then this method is not going to be profitable over time ... I know because I use it, I trade every day with people who use it and I have done a lot of back-testing.

I trade 1hr bars and ride them for 3 days or more often and I do give them hours to work as well ...

You make a lot of generalisations ... 10 pips on GBPJPY or USDNOK is not the same as 10 pips on the S&P futs or USDJPY. Making a living on 10 pips a day is not just a function of clever leverage but about risk & account size, trading style and market traded.

If you are taking 10 pips and running and not making at least a little better than you risked then this method is not going to be profitable over time ... I know because I use it, I trade every day with people who use it and I have done a lot of back-testing.

3 days! I've gone maybe...a day and a half from 1hr. Not doubting you, must have been a sweet ride:)

Good on you for responding.
I just laughed at his (her) posts..... then sighed.

Who said there was something "wrong" with H1 bars? Can you make a specific connection to any post here were someone said H1 has something wrong with it?

Not if 5M fails to support a trade in the same direction as the entry for 7,200% of its own Magnitude. If 5M Magnitude (with no directional and/or extensible support from any higher time-frame) has 10 pips of aggregate Magnitude in the direction of the entry and you wait around for 10+ pips, then common sense should tell any real Trader that they are pushing the limits of continuance probability right through the roof. Of course, the most uncommon thing in the world of Currency Trading is common sense, these days - which explains why so many are failing.

Not without support from a higher (larger) frame of reference. It is impossible, short of flat out guessing which way the wind is blowing, to "ride" a 5M for 86,400% of its interval, while having a solitary clue about what you are doing or WHY you are doing it. There has to be external reference and support from a larger interval of data, before any degree of understanding can be had with respect to a smaller interval of data, for the same pair.

If you fail to see the high probability (potential) Tsunami coming in the opposite direction of your entry in the larger interval and you remain in that position, completely blind to what's about the happen "next" - then your 5M Stop will get blown into the next galaxy with the force of a super massive star going Super Nova.

Newbies, take note:

Blind Side Prevention 101

You must ALWAYS account for the higher time intervals - especially when trading the currency markets. Know their position, condition, potential and probability for moving against any position whose trigger came from data calculated within a smaller time-interval. Only a fabulously accurate blind guess, will save your capital from being torched, if you fail to do this enough times.

You make a lot of generalisations ... 10 pips on GBPJPY or USDNOK is not the same as 10 pips on the S&P futs or USDJPY.

A) The OP posted a thread about the Currency Markets not the Stock Market.

B) The base unit of value in the Currency Market is not the same as the base unit of value in the Stock Market.

Making a living on 10 pips a day is not just a function of clever leverage but about risk & account size, trading style and market traded.

And, how over-generalized was that statement?

I never posted a treatise on "How To" make a living on 10 pips a day. I specifically related the net pips seen in the trade put on display -vs- the comment that the trade got stopped. I then used 10 pips as a lower threshold and explained why remaining inside a trade triggered by a singular indicator in a smaller time-frame, would not only be plenty enough to live like King, but was much more likely as a profit target taken from such a smaller time-interval.

Read in context what's actually been written. That might help you.

You know because you "use it." You use what exactly? What precisely do you "use every day?"

My reply was not about trading "Inside Bars," based on your nonsequitur reply, you don't seem to understand. My reply was related to the creation of On-The-Fly Inside Bars - another point you clearly missed. And, On-The-Fly Inside Bars are not something that you use everyday, because you had never heard of the concept before you saw me post it here. So, you could not possibly have been trading the same thing as was discussed here.

You missed the entire point altogether in an attempt to reply about something you obviously never understood. Geeeeeepers. :eek:

Attachments

• 4hrpinbar.png
    4hrpinbar.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 225
  • gbpjpypin.png
    gbpjpypin.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 215
  • gbpusdfib.png
    gbpusdfib.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 200
  • ibusd.png
    ibusd.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 209
  • monday.png
    monday.png
    58 KB · Views: 235
"unfortunately I don't save them all.." unfortunately I cant find any entries or

trades from your site.

Re: "unfortunately I don't save them all.." unfortunately I cant find any entries or

trades from your site.

Well, the pips, as far as I'm concerned, are all that matters. However, I attempted to explain my method in great detail very early on when I started this thread, only to have my balls broken because at the time, my live account(fxcm) didn't allow charts to be saved as images so I posted charts from a MT4 demo account. All of the great Forex gurus on this forum took it upon themselves to break my balls. I have shared my method with about 3 individuals that I met on other forums but I would never again divulge specifics about how I trade to a single person on this forum

Attachments

• ibdaily.png
    ibdaily.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 184
Re: "unfortunately I don't save them all.." unfortunately I cant find any entries or

Yes..Hallelujah. Who's even talking to you? I can post another 18 winning trades from this week alone, all with a minimum of +30 pips, and the biggest gain being +160 pips, can you do the same? How about this, you post half that many winning trades for this week, with +20 pips each and I'll shut my mouth.
Hallelujah!!