101 ways to kill a cat

sure is, tar, and your bottom line is dependent on where you get out, not where you get in.

jon

does this mean random entries could make me money if i had good exits ?

Swing trading ES. 8H chart, visually confirm it is trending, wait for a pullback below 50MA and in. Move stop below last swing low. Exit when stop hit. 1 trade per month generally, 2 trades would be busy.

Intraday ES. 5M chart, support/resistance at previous day's RTH high or low. Take reversals off them. If reversals are weak, close and fade the reversal. Exit when move shows weakness, determined off 5M, 15M, higher TF MA's, etc. Also watching NQ and YM for evidence of weakness as the 3 indices move with each other and one of them out of sync is usually a non-confirmation. Look for other confirmations in a similar way to BBMAC. Look for reactions to news items for sentiment. 10-25 trades per month generally.

Incidentally Jon, has anybody asked Arabian whether he fancies doing a Saturday afternoon session like BBMAC did followed by lulz up the pub afterwards?

Incidentally Jon, has anybody asked Arabian whether he fancies doing a Saturday afternoon session like BBMAC did followed by lulz up the pub afterwards?

If Arab doesnt want to do one then Trader_Dante said he was up for doing one, at least he was willing at the time of the last meetup.

Perhaps the venue is no longer available.

Or perhaps it is only available to speakers who have a >90% win rate trading method ;)

Yes, it's not often you get a decent (it was better than decent wasn't it :)) venue and a few drinks for free. If Norman could arrange that again, I'm sure we could get one or two who'd present us with something worthwhile. Shame my win rate wouldn't cut it :whistling

jon

I skimmed this thread and did not find any discussion of strategies that take a longer time to play out, e.g. weeks up to a year. Is that because such strategies are not considered trading, or is there another explanation?

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the strategy that a great many active T2W members use, and in view of a recent contribution this is a good time to mention it. That is to become a vendor.

They try their hand at trading, find it hard and fail miserably, and then turn to selling to or training other members. This is an excellent strategy that does much better for them than alternatives like trading using a chart. :LOL:

We even have a member who got into trading with the intention of becoming a trainer! Nobody takes him seriously, obviously, but one has to see this stuff to believe it.

So the number one strategy on T2W for making money trading:

Sell cr@p to idiots!

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the strategy that a great many active T2W members use, and in view of a recent contribution this is a good time to mention it. That is to become a vendor.

The Vendor community definitely knows 101 different ways to skin a newb.

The Vendor community definitely knows 101 different ways to skin a newb.

LOL The "vendor community" - that brings to mind the totally inappropriate use of "community" you hear all over the place from (usually state-employed or middle management) practitioners of newspeak. You know, the commuting community, the skate-boarding community, the eat-at-Greggs community.

The "vendor community" - alike in many ways to the "burglar community" or the "rapist community".

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

bbmac agreed to talk to a gang of us for 4hrs on a Saturday afternoon about how he trades. Dentist organised it in a rather plush post-production place used by Channel 4. Barjon, Donald Duke, Trader Dante, myself, Glyder and other notable alumni were there. We went to the pub afterwards.

What I was suggesting is would you be prepared to talk to a group of us about how you trade on a Saturday afternoon - call it educational if you like. We then go to pub and get all lulzy afterwards. Dante said he was up for doing it too.

breakouts from consolidations, or momentum trading with supporting DMI/ADX.

Like to enter close to 20 or 50ma especially if candle has closed above resistance/below support.

breakouts from consolidations, or momentum trading with supporting DMI/ADX.

Like to enter close to 20 or 50ma especially if candle has closed above resistance/below support.

I kick my dog. Two yelps for buy, one yelp for sell. Then he whispers to me the currency pair.

I kick my dog. Two yelps for buy, one yelp for sell. Then he whispers to me the currency pair.

Is this entirely automated (regulated and precise kicks of consistent force and in a predetermined place) or do you use discretion (for example, if you are pre-disposed to go long, do you give him a couple of extra hard shots to the plums to generate the desired double yelp)?