1 pip spread on GBP YEN EUR AUS

Zenda

I quote from an email I received yesterday - is this going to cause all spreadbetting companies to compete? Name of company witheld as not to advertise - Z

However, we now have a firm date for the 1 point spreads on USD V GBP/EURO/YEN/AUS; it will be on June 1st.

Hi Zenda
wel thats fine ,
but if you cannot get fills, and there is a lot of messing about ,
is it gong to be worth it?

I will pay a point or two mor for a quick fill , cheaper in the long run
regards
Hornblower

Baruch said:
Well, sounds too good to be true. Maybe it's a bucket shop?

Are bucket shops registered with the FSA ? and recommended by T2W ? dont think so - fills pretty good - I have used them ;)

Zenda said:
I quote from an email I received yesterday - is this going to cause all spreadbetting companies to compete? Name of company witheld as not to advertise - Z

However, we now have a firm date for the 1 point spreads on USD V GBP/EURO/YEN/AUS; it will be on June 1st.

Zenda,

as long the company isnt yours, and you have no commercial interest, I dont think naming them would be a problem, in terms as seen as advertising.
( if it is, I will take the rap )

who are they, please ? :)

They will no doubt advertise this fact ,June1 st , so we shall see
I think I shal be able to contain my excitement for 6 days

I presume that it is worldspreads, as this has been discussed earlier in the month.

I am also interested to see what sort of fill quality and position size limits there will be.

gc1 said:
I presume that it is worldspreads, as this has been discussed earlier in the month.

I am also interested to see what sort of fill quality and position size limits there will be.

Correct give that man a bonus point ! - Z

Baruch said:
Maybe it's a bucket shop?

All SB firms are bucket shops, by the definition of the word, since they all take the other side of your trade.

Since they arent making any money on the spread, you can bet your ass they are trading against you. This would also mean they are more likely to play all the usual SB tricks to help them increase their win rate against you.

hmm well they offer in their advertisement "instant execution" depending of liquidity and with FX its liquid so if they fail to INSTANTLY execute at 1 pip spread to the point its blantantly obvious ie ohh look ive been slipped 3 points or ho hum another rejected ticket then they are hoodwinkers with fat fingers and should advertise appropriately, hmmm the markets never sleep and shutting up shop at 21.15 on 24 hr forex is liveable IF INSTANT 1 pip cable delivers on their advertised service.

instant forex fills based on their using liquidity ,isnt a constant issue or excuse they can from this point use to explain what ,when, if ,pete tong shows up.......

orange carrot or are can they be unique .

maybe worldspreads can arrive on this thread to talk if they really do mean instant .......

GammaJammer said:
What do you think the spot market makers at an investment bank do? The difference if you analyse position running, workflow etc will be less than everyone seems to think (and I've worked on a reasonably large (i.e. tier 2) bank spot desk so I do know a bit about what I'm talking about).

The fact is, some trades will be 'warehoused', some positions will be instantly cleared. But as the vast majority of retail trades are below 'market sized' amounts (i.e. below the minimum trade size threshold to clear in the voice brokers / EBS / Reuters, most of the time they are simply absorbed (as the only other option is to call out direct and it's embarassing to do that once every 15 seconds in $0.1m. Note this isn't the same as implying that the booky always trades 'against' you, they are just managing their books (flow and orders combined) at a more 'macro' level than the largely paranoid retail community assumes. Sure they do runs stops occasionally, but so does the rest of the market. Sometimes it's more in fear than greed.

And remember, most of the more reputable spread firms also see 'proper' flow from hedge funds, CTAs etc, in decent size and often very directional. So they're often more busy worrying about that business than anything else.

My $0.02 as always.

GJ

Good post Gamma.

When i was up visiting the floor at IG a number of years back they showed me their net exposure indicators - I wasnt really paying much attention at the time, but they were saying that their clients generally offset against each other from which IG would pocket both sets of spread, and since most traders lose they seldom needed to hedge andway, although the indicator did have a threshold beyond which they would start thinking about hedging off into the underlying

Arbitrageur said:
All SB firms are bucket shops, by the definition of the word, since they all take the other side of your trade.

Since they arent making any money on the spread, you can bet your ass they are trading against you. This would also mean they are more likely to play all the usual SB tricks to help them increase their win rate against you.

What my £1 per pip ? get a life! - simple solution - just make the correct decisions ;)

Hi Traders,

From 1st of June onwards! At present we are 3 pips on Currencies however we offer the following currency pairs: GBP= EUR= JPY= CHF= AUD= CAD= NZD= SGD= all rolling. More on the IMM crosses! Then non Greenback crosses include CADJPY=R - CHFJPY=R - EURGBP=R - EURJPY=R - EURNOK= - EURSEK= - EURCHF= - EURHUF= - GBPJPY= - GBPCAD= all rolling + ALL the futures!

Commodities - XAU= spot 0.5pips - Copper fut 10pips - Silver fut 6pips
Light crude 8pips - Brent 8pips - A mix of grains and softs too!

Lead Bund,Shatz,Bobl, Gilts - 3 ticks!

Indices FTSE rolling 1 tick DAX 1 tick CAC 1 tick Wall St 1 tick

All the 1 points spreads will be on rolling contracts on the following markets from 1st of June onwards. FTSE/DAX/CAC/DOW/GBP/EUR/JPY/AUD.

Regards
MarvinS - www.worldspreads.com

Looks like it's activated on the 4 currencies.

Anyone done a trade yet ?

Prices look pretty close to the underlying market as far as I can see. Some up to 1.5 to 2 pips different.

It is indeed activated on the 4 currency pairs!
Good luck trading at 1 pip spreads.....

Anyone used this company in anger yet ? Does the spread change at peak periods ? Is the fill quick ? I suppose it's going to be a while before we will know for sure how good they are...

Varies at opening

Priceman said:
Anyone used this company in anger yet ? Does the spread change at peak periods ? Is the fill quick ? I suppose it's going to be a while before we will know for sure how good they are...

Hi Yes the fils are pretty quick - although I was kept being referred until I moaned.

The spreads are 1 pip after the market has opened - I took 3 images

1- at 7.50 am

2- at 8.01 am

3- at 8.05 am

you will note the FTSE spreads move to the 1 pip during opening hours - hope that helps

Zenda

Attachments

• wsspreads750.jpg
    wsspreads750.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 263
  • wsspreads801.jpg
    wsspreads801.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 272
  • wsspreads805.jpg
    wsspreads805.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 203
for spot forex??

is this 1 pip spread for spot forex??? is the 1 pip spread 24/6 or just during the u.s. hours??? thanks for your help guys......................

Zenda said:
Hi Yes the fils are pretty quick - although I was kept being referred until I moaned.

The spreads are 1 pip after the market has opened - I took 3 images

1- at 7.50 am

2- at 8.01 am

3- at 8.05 am

you will note the FTSE spreads move to the 1 pip during opening hours - hope that helps

Zenda