🧠 Why having a routine in Trading is great 💪🏼

The telephone line was down for a whole 10 days. I was surprised at my own withdrawal symptoms.
One's horizons suddenly shrink to the space around one.
GREAT to be back online again...…………..
Hello world. You don't need me but I need you.

Cant agree more.
But dont you think that flexibility is also required in Forex?

Trading and Wife go together - both love flexibility (heaven) but abhor (divorce court) routine. Just think, "half my sh*t (90% in California) will be gone if I stick to a routine and you will be cured"

I can't agree completely. Topic starter said that the good trader should understand how the market works and have self-confidence. Yes, doing the same thing a long time develops your control and trading becomes a real habit, you get confidence. However, it's all not about a routine, it's all about experties. Routine is actions, that you were doing for a long time, that they became mechanical and you're doing them without thinking. But trader should always think about market and try not to miss anything. Getting too automatic can lead you astray.

Not so fast, Mr Modi. You forget that there are many traders who have an automatic system that they follow and are happy with due to past results. What they have observed is that every time they bring in "thought & figure-figure" into an auto system, the often lose and screw it up.

An automatic winning system therefore should not be tampered with