Trade T2W's SB account

rossored

Following a suggestion by counter_violent some months ago on this thread, we have today reached an agreement with one of the SB companies (names and details to be confirmed shortly) to run a real-money trading account with them.

Early days still, and I expect kick-off to be February 2007, but this will be an account traded by you, the members, with real money supplied by one of the SB companies. One of the team members of T2W will execute the trades as called by the membership on a random basis - quite how we'll decide is yet to be sorted - and trades will be capped to a max of £1 or £2 a point - again, yet to be finalised. This should give a few people a chance to show their skills - if they dare ;). There are some other details that we need to hammer out (some restrictions on the instruments, for example) but basically we're there.

Any profits at month-end will be donated to a charity that we'll probably run a poll on during the month(s) - cancer research, great ormond street etc.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on the original thread for your input, as well as the odd PM since - watch this space.

rossored said:
Following a suggestion by counter_violent some months ago on this thread, we have today reached an agreement with one of the SB companies (names and details to be confirmed shortly) to run a real-money trading account with them.

Early days still, and I expect kick-off to be February 2007, but this will be an account traded by you, the members, with real money supplied by one of the SB companies. One of the team members of T2W will execute the trades as called by the membership on a random basis - quite how we'll decide is yet to be sorted - and trades will be capped to a max of £1 or £2 a point - again, yet to be finalised. This should give a few people a chance to show their skills - if they dare ;). There are some other details that we need to hammer out (some restrictions on the instruments, for example) but basically we're there.

Any profits at month-end will be donated to a charity that we'll probably run a poll on during the month(s) - cancer research, great ormond street etc.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on the original thread for your input, as well as the odd PM since - watch this space.

One idea on how you could oversee this is via the T2W chatroom with the resident mod there in control of the trade.

I hope the account size will be atleast 20 times the betsize (average loss per trade), otherwise the account might blow up fast :eek:

does the charity of choice have to cover the losses? :cheesy:

and can the charity be of the Arbitrageur Birds, Booze and keBab Aid Fund type? :)

this is actually quite an interesting idea, and could be kudos (or just doss) for the members who are brave enough to participate.

there'd have to be some cohesion to the way the participating member/trades are selected... maybe with a volunteer "roster" list with individual members taking turn about on a weekly basis?

It'd be a bit of a haphazard affair if trades were just taken from every volunteer, ie: if someone makes a suggestion to enter a trade and then someone else makes a suggestion to reverse or double up... if it was structured well enough, it could be very interesting to watch and to get involved.

A leaderboard or something would also be interesting for those who choose not to participate, accompanied by the trades each participant took for the week or whatever intervcal is decided - Trader Monthly operate something similar where they give various celebs $50k to trade for a month and then give the proceeds to charity .

Good idea.

If it's for charity, I'll chip in with the odd trade. (I don't do to bad on the quiet).