ZuluTrade

I expressed my ideas about it once: try to choose SP's with relatively low (50-60%) winning rate and good R:R of 1:1 or so at least. If those are profitable after say 20-30 trades, chances are their method is legit and is not based on blind averaging down in hope to get lucky and hit the bank or unlucky and... start over.

true, i agree with you...but ive seen them running possitive and for more trades than 30...or they can have live 30 good, one/2 bad trades and then again 20 good...and then comes the big hit:eek:
anyhow, i will keep all this in mind and revise again!! :clover: thank you!

true, i agree with you...but ive seen them running possitive and for more trades than 30...or they can have live 30 good, one/2 bad trades and then again 20 good...and then comes the big hit:eek:

defining the performance you want from a managed Zulutrader account is a very useful excercise in shaping your own trading style ....

unless you are deliberately seeking a non-correlated performance from Zulutrader (to complement what you are doing personally) you are probably defining for Zulutrader YOUR OWN perfect trading style and aspirations ;)

and if Zulutrader cant give you such a "dream" trader :-

1) they are all (eventually) flawed Traders (boom/bust) to draw in investors
2) You are being too overoptimistic on your own Trading profitability /aspirations / dreams

so traders need to ask .....which is it..... .or is it both ?

N

Last edited:

If a trader tends to cut losses, I think probability is smaller than she/he would take a big hit... No guarantee of course, but logically makes some sense.

defining the performance you want from a managed Zulutrader account is a very useful excercise in shaping your own trading style ....

unless you are deliberately seeking a non-correlated performance from Zulutrader (to complement what you are doing personally) you are probably defining for Zulutrader YOUR OWN perfect trading style and aspirations ;)

and if Zulutrader cant give you such a "dream" trader :-

1) they are all (eventually) flawed Traders (boom/bust) to draw in investors
2) You are being too overoptimistic on your own Trading profitability /aspirations / dreams

so which is it .or is it both ?

N

True that... Questions should be asked:

what trading style YOU would NOT want to fade (be counterparty of the trades). Is it the style which eats like a bird, then sh*ts like an elephant? :cheesy:

Also, in trading what is the hardest emotionally is usually the best, because most players fail to do it... Historically it is cutting and accepting regular losses and letting winners run...

If judge trading methods based on these principles, I think one can more or less reliably gauge how legit trader/method is.

If a trader tends to cut losses, I think probability is smaller than she/he would take a big hit... No guarantee of course, but logically makes some sense.

you have a good point here....
does it have to do it with the method of trading this? or we can generalize on it?

you have a good point here....
does it have to do it with the method of trading this? or we can generalize on it?

Hard to judge other peoples' methods, but generally I believe losses better be relatively small compared to winners. The reason is simple: we never know for sure how far will it go, anything can happen and who claims to know future direction of the market with certainty is either lying or being very naive.

Averaging down may be OK for long-term Buffet-like investing strategies, when you see company value and not the stock price (which is the lower the better in this case), but in speculation business not cutting your losses more often than not simply costs too much.

I've never met a successful trader who ran losses and cut profits short, quite the opposite, the best people I knew tend to cut losses very short and ride winners as long as the market allows.

Picked Alpari UK, because opened Money Manager account there for clients with larger sums and the request for more serious approach with guarantee of confidentiality and no slippage etc. (sort of a micro-fund with 25% profit share management plan). I think entering @ MKT should fix the issues with orders. Turned out most brokers don't have this issue, especially UK and US regulated...

I have an Alpari UK account at present. Am thinking of opening a second account with SaxoBank. Anyone have any comments on Saxo?

(I am a little scared of using aaafx as it looks to be too closely linked to Zulutrader.I have heard that the people behind Zulutrader also own aaafx. Also, I had never heard of aaafx before looking at Zulutrader) Am I being too paranoid??

I have an Alpari UK account at present. Am thinking of opening a second account with SaxoBank. Anyone have any comments on Saxo?

(I am a little scared of using aaafx as it looks to be too closely linked to Zulutrader.I have heard that the people behind Zulutrader also own aaafx. Also, I had never heard of aaafx before looking at Zulutrader) Am I being too paranoid??

Never had experience with Saxo, but Alpari UK works very nice, fast servers and tight spreads.

What bothers me the most about AAA is thats Greece based company... Not being politically incorrect here, just pure consideration of the potential risk. I would unlikely pick a Russian broker too, despite living in Russia myself.

Should one open an account with a broker before going live with zulu or open it via zulu ?

Just looking through the list of brokers, my eye was caught by Activ Trades. They do spread betting too with small amounts. FSA listed etc. Anyone come across them ?

Think you open broker account separately and need to do both steps anyway (open broker account and zulutrade account), then you need to fill power of attorney to allow Zulutrade execute trades on your account.

Think you open broker account separately and need to do both steps anyway (open broker account and zulutrade account), then you need to fill power of attorney to allow Zulutrade execute trades on your account.

Thanks

What bothers me the most about AAA is thats Greece based company... Not being politically incorrect here, just pure consideration of the potential risk. I would unlikely pick a Russian broker too, despite living in Russia myself.

Steer well clear of Greece imho

Should one open an account with a broker before going live with zulu or open it via zulu ?

Just looking through the list of brokers, my eye was caught by Activ Trades. They do spread betting too with small amounts. FSA listed etc. Anyone come across them ?

Either will do but to get the tightest spreads and less slippage you have to use AAAfx. Yes they are directly linked to Zulu,but thye are governed by standard eu rules.

hmmmm

seriously whene I free up some time i'm looking to pull a few members together to see if we can define a better model for this and then sell it into a Decent SP.....we will sh*t allover these Provider structured schemes

power to the people ! (y)

N

I am interested in this. What exactly are you thinking of doing (and when)? See my post on another thread below:

On the point of Zulutrader itself, I am finding it to be an interesting retail trading and business concept.
It appears to be very transparent and investor friendly. It appears to be the democratization of trading.
It certainly looks as though it may be the future for small retail traders.

No longer can guru traders hide behind confidentiality of prior results and all the other b^llsh!t reasons for not showing their results.
Why invest blindly with ANY trader (either the small time guru-trader or even the bigger institutional traders) when you can open an account in your own name and follow the traders that you want. If you don't like that traders results or the direction his account is moving, then YOU get to choose which trader that you want to transfer you funds.
Try telling that to your Managed Fund institution and see what the result is. You will quickly be told that you have NO input into which of their traders will trade your account.

Either will do but to get the tightest spreads and less slippage you have to use AAAfx. Yes they are directly linked to Zulu,but thye are governed by standard eu rules.

support the above! i am a follower with 2 small live accounts and countless demos.
:cool::cool:
has also an account once upon a time with alpari.ru but the comissions, and the slippage was a killer for my small account, so i switched all to aaafx - lesser slippage, full refund policy, faster execution and no comission.

guys guys...i have my eyes on a good trader "good good system" what do you think of him???
angoria as well...but not so much..you think i can make some $$$ out of them :|