Zulutrade signal provider top

I have had a quick look at zulutrade.com and have a question.

If a zulutrader is in loss on a trade, does it show up on their daily drawdowns?

OR do the drawdowns show ONLY on closed trades?

So IF they do NOT close any losing trades, you can never see the true drawdown?

xaxaxa good one!
there is as well realised and unrealized PnL that takes care of the open trades (both + and - ) anyhow i am sure it somewhat takes care of it.

I have had a quick look at zulutrade.com and have a question.

If a zulutrader is in loss on a trade, does it show up on their daily drawdowns?

OR do the drawdowns show ONLY on closed trades?

So IF they do NOT close any losing trades, you can never see the true drawdown?

it does show up on their overnight drawdown and the chart you see

Thank you!! Deserved effort since it wasn't easy to get here - esp when I have hardly any idea about forex or finance for that matter.

an even better result then....excuse me if I step back from investing and wait for a little more continued success ;)

another 10 years and I might invest in someone on Zulutrade.....

anyone here got anyone they rate and why ?

N

Attachments

• this guy is number 2 all time.jpg
    this guy is number 2 all time.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 804

N

mate, i think you are seeing a wrong graph, this is the reason he is number 2....
check out as well his last trading history, all the 20 trades are winning ...why are you having different results ...:sneaky:

Attachments

• number 2 diff graph.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 191

N

look at his annual return,lots of pips but very risky and 6k pips of drawdown to contentd with

I am finding this site (Zulutrade) to be interesting. But I have a few questions:

1 Is it correct that the slippage is very high (12-16 pips on average) see post by FX Trader, Guernsey, United Kingdom here

"2012-04-04 I have been using service for a few weeks, but have noticed major slippage problems with there top rated SP (I'm talking 5-16 pips) I now have regular 12-16 pips slippage, however ZuluTrade Censor any comments regarding SP performance regarding slippage".

2 Where do I find the section called "Alchemy" and what does it demonstrate?

3 Has anyone from here (Trade2Win) ever tried to seriously test the concept of using multiple "top 20" Zulutraders to see what their combined / balanced result might be?

@thepom

1)Personallyi havent experienced any major slippage issue with zulutrade. i believe that the problem with the slippage user was describing was related to forex cruise control (quote "slippage problems with there top rated SP" ) , he was followed then by nearly 30.000 users and thats probably why the slippage occured at some accounts.

2) The alchemy feature could be found on the performance tab , next to the signal providers performance , it shows the top live followers and which providers they are following along with their settings.

3)Nope i havent tried that , i seach for my providers using the advanced search feature.

I am finding this site (Zulutrade) to be interesting. But I have a few questions:

1 Is it correct that the slippage is very high (12-16 pips on average) see post by FX Trader, Guernsey, United Kingdom here

"2012-04-04 I have been using service for a few weeks, but have noticed major slippage problems with there top rated SP (I'm talking 5-16 pips) I now have regular 12-16 pips slippage, however ZuluTrade Censor any comments regarding SP performance regarding slippage".

2 Where do I find the section called "Alchemy" and what does it demonstrate?

3 Has anyone from here (Trade2Win) ever tried to seriously test the concept of using multiple "top 20" Zulutraders to see what their combined / balanced result might be?

Slippage depends on which broker you use.if you use aaafx in a live followers account it will be minimal,there is a slippage page which shows who is best etc.

I have only ever followed in a demo account as I will be a provider,but my results havent been good so far. This months demo account is down 15% at 100:1 leverage. Most of them were in the top 10 when I took them.The top changes regularly at the moment as most rely on having lots of small winners with wide stops,and then crash when it goes wrong

not sure about alchemy site,i think its an adjusted safety net

best is to use broker same as the SP that way you have less slippage. Theres tons of SPs . this is a game of patients just wait for right one to come along

best is to use broker same as the SP that way you have less slippage. Theres tons of SPs . this is a game of patients just wait for right one to come along

thats quite correct logic,....same broker slippage disappears. I have noticed it as well (y)

Totally agree with that. Always check on which broker does your zulu provider is trading , best results are always when the broker is the same as your providers, not that if you have other broker you will get big slippage everytime.

i thought usually the ranking takes care of the dd....it does take in in cosideration :sneaky:

probably.......but ranking is very misleading .....

I really like the concept of Zulutrader but its model is totally geared to the SPs making money and not thinking more longterm about nurturing Traders and Investors....

its a bit like the early days of IT where the short term thinkers made early profits....... until the long term players stepped in and evolved the markets to be more customer and user focused

trying to find some time this month to finally get some ideas on paper ;)

N

probably.......but ranking is very misleading .....

I really like the concept of Zulutrader but its model is totally geared to the SPs making money and not thinking more longterm about nurturing Traders and Investors....

its a bit like the early days of IT where the short term thinkers made early profits....... until the long term players stepped in and evolved the markets to be more customer and user focused

trying to find some time this month to finally get some ideas on paper ;)

N

maybe the algorithm doesnt have the right answers ALL the time but it does give a pretty good picture. i think it is more up to the traders strategy, i have noticed a trend that once they perform quite good and reach up to top 10...it all changes - open loosing positions, or would leave ones they do not like open for days, meanwhile accumulating dd...or trades will be negatve...what do you think this is attributed to? stress? or being content?

maybe the algorithm doesnt have the right answers ALL the time but it does give a pretty good picture. i think it is more up to the traders strategy, i have noticed a trend that once they perform quite good and reach up to top 10...it all changes - open loosing positions, or would leave ones they do not like open for days, meanwhile accumulating dd...or trades will be negatve...what do you think this is attributed to? stress? or being content?

a little of everything I guess ..............or the luck fades ?

overtrading seems rife here.......hence the models long term weakness

well - weakness for the traders and investors anyway ! ;)

N