You know you're a trader when...

yup, the current equivilant, I suppose, is in esoteric languages like brainfuck.. I did a computing degree and while of course I know what octal IS (and I did do a reasonable bit of assembly work) there is no reason at all for anyone to use it in last 30 years...

You wake up in the morning, rush over to check on your overnight positions, then realize it's Saturday.

Peter

That is funny.

You know you're a trader when - when candles tell you where they are going. :clover:

You know you're a trader when you have conversations with your computer,

And sometimes cheer it on as if its competing at sports

...you look down your y-fronts and see a pin bar.

....after a rough spell you find this on your door!

Attachments

• tang.jpg
    tang.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 535
... you wince with empathy when you discover the Cluedo character was bludgeoned to death by the candlestick.

thats right howard it had nothing to do with the spike in the VIX.
:rolleyes:
Sometimes I am too pithy. I should have said that I lost beyond the loss limits because of my own folly.

Suggesting that a spike in the VIX caused my losses misunderstands my strategy in a significant way. Worse yet, in order to try to be "one of the boys" I was sloppy in using this terminology myself.

The fact that VIX increases when the market moves rapidly and makes the management of existing trades more challenging, is an effect, not the cause of the problem. Were I to focus on the effect and not the cause, I would be trying to manage with a lagging indicator.

The cause of my losses was that the underlying overtook my short strike. The cause of the losses being greater than the strategy limits was my not maintaining sufficient cash reserves to buy back ALL the spreads that reached their loss limit.

You know when you're a trader when ... it gets boring but you do it anyway.

Turn the handle.

Sometimes I am too pithy. I should have said that I lost beyond the loss limits because of my own folly.

Suggesting that a spike in the VIX caused my losses misunderstands my strategy in a significant way. Worse yet, in order to try to be "one of the boys" I was sloppy in using this terminology myself.

The fact that VIX increases when the market moves rapidly and makes the management of existing trades more challenging, is an effect, not the cause of the problem. Were I to focus on the effect and not the cause, I would be trying to manage with a lagging indicator.

The cause of my losses was that the underlying overtook my short strike. The cause of the losses being greater than the strategy limits was my not maintaining sufficient cash reserves to buy back ALL the spreads that reached their loss limit.

You're a ****. Can't wait till the VIX takes your cash again.