Yen

Word.

If BOJ are gonna pump it, now's a good time.

disagree. I reckon 10 - 11 am london time will be the sweet spot if/when they do something (whenever they do it).

- last time *I can remember they were intervening*, it was about 10 - 11 am london time.
- when they do it, surely they will want maximum exposure?
- they don't want to do a drive by on their own bloody banks!

disagree. I reckon 10 - 11 am london time will be the sweet spot if/when they do something (whenever they do it).

- last time *I can remember they were intervening*, it was about 10 - 11 am london time.
- when they do it, surely they will want maximum exposure?
- they don't want to do a drive by on their own bloody banks!
Common sense dictates you give a nice fat warning so every fu**er from retail to hedge funds to jump on with you for maximum effect, but they didn't do it last time as far as I can recall. It just happened. Stopped. Then everyone resumed shorting.

Can you elaborate? Why would you go long over the long term? The yen has been appreciating vs the $ for 4 years. Just looking for your thoughts.

Thanks,

Peter

Crowd behaviour. Extreme negative sentiment against the USD, and extreme bullish sentiment for the JPY.

Long Usd/Jpy
USD strengthened maybe 3/4 months after Kobe back in '95, but it took that time. I'm guessing economic output was affected and that showed on quarterly reports...but that really is a guess.

It's been a solid week of Facedesk.

All aboard for the Forex lollercoaster!

lollercoaster.gif

Wow this thing is volatile, perfect time for shorting imo

I'll be happy if it slams back down to 76! :cheesy:

Luckily I have been long the Future's in the Yen for a few weeks now. Almost like the market expected a large move lol

So if the current move cost about $5bln dollars, they've already lost about $2bln ish of gains. Nice.