Yen

interesting question is what the longer term play on yen is. not short term liquidity plays but flow of funds / interest rate / trade flow things like that.

anyone any ideas?

After this **** who is left to buy yen?

Only redemption flows really.

That probably it then.

(Totally ununderstanding comment by me probably :LOL:)

Just look at a weekly chart of usdjpy. Almost straight line down since mid 2007
I don't follow longer term fundamentals so my ideas about what's next, 2 years out or so, would be crap.

Peter

I do yes... in fact I have various spread betting (and various bookies too - been using some of em on cheltenham) accounts to blow I'm trying to use up and/or make useful sums on to consoldate my financial affairs....

.... but ain't gonna waste more than one on same thing. TBH I think the one that did blow was unfairly blown as I can't see why it was stopped out, so got an argument to get on with

(oh and it's with CMC so Mr Cruddas is going to see what tenacity means if it ain't sorted shortly by his staff :LOL:)

This needs shorting immediately.:)

Attachments

• behead-anyone-buying-usd-yen.gif
    behead-anyone-buying-usd-yen.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 185
arabian if you want good idea then put a tenner on the japanese for the rugby world cup.

they are in a tough group with NewZealand, France, Tonga and Canada. 3rd is best realistic result for them.

BUT

* world cup is actually in New Zealand, who have also had earthquake
* rugby crowd always love underdogs
* they play actually entertaining rugby a la BONSAI! (hong kong 7's anyone?? Ok different country, but...)

SO

put money on them now, then when the world cup comes about in a few months, there will be lots of rugby fans who put cheeky tenner on 'em out of admiration in wake of disaster/champagne rugby/underdogs/sympathy

as well, the kiwi's might adopt them as second team because
- in same group so would like them to beat france
- had earthquake as well so feel affinity
- like entertaining rugby like the japs play
- most of NZ team come from tonga/samoa/fiji anyway (bit of a joke)

anyway by time world cup comes odds will (i mean could) shorten.
(y)

and presumably for something more than a tenner, too? Well post on top of mine has some nice lines on graphs.

Bonne Chance!

:)

arabian if you want good idea then put a tenner on the japanese for the rugby world cup.

they are in a tough group with NewZealand, France, Tonga and Canada. 3rd is best realistic result for them.

BUT

* world cup is actually in New Zealand, who have also had earthquake
* rugby crowd always love underdogs
* they play actually entertaining rugby a la BONSAI! (hong kong 7's anyone?? Ok different country, but...)

SO

put money on them now, then when the world cup comes about in a few months, there will be lots of rugby fans who put cheeky tenner on 'em out of admiration in wake of disaster/champagne rugby/underdogs/sympathy

as well, the kiwi's might adopt them as second team because
- in same group so would like them to beat france
- had earthquake as well so feel affinity
- like entertaining rugby like the japs play
- most of NZ team come from tonga/samoa/fiji anyway (bit of a joke)

anyway by time world cup comes odds will (i mean could) shorten.
(y)

I wonder which French team turns up this saturday:LOL:

the other obvious bet is to go long on the number of minutes silence held around the bloody world.

its got out of hand ever since diana died**

** So, Prince charles is at Highgrove in over christmas. It's been snowing heavily. Whilst Charles is having is marmalade on toast, his valet knock on the door

Charles - "come"
Valet - "Your Royal Highness, we have a slight situation in the orchard"
Charles - "yes, what?"
Valet - "Will Carling has written "Wills waz ere" in the snow with his urine"
Charles - "Oh. Well, he lives nearby, doesn't he? He is the Captain of the England Rugby team, think nothing of it. He probably just got carried away on a night out with the chaps"
Valey - "That;s not the problem, sir"
Charles - "OH? Then what is?"
Valet - "It's in Princess Diana's handwriting"

:)