XP SP2

roguetrader said:
Hi Altern8 I am assuming the attached is what you are referring to. Does the PF usage represent the amount of RAM I am using.

Hiya,

If you click on 'Applications' that will tell you what programmes you are running.

If you click on 'Processes' that will tell you what processes are running, and their memory use.

if you click on 'Performance' that will show you the PF (page file) usage.

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxpvmem.htm for more info on page files.

if you click on 'Network' tell you what % of your net connection you are using, not the amount of bandwidth or anything useful

if you click on 'Users' tells you who is logged onto that machine.

Hope that helps, if you need anything, pls ask

Kev

Since upgrading to SP2 I get the following error message:

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Does anyone know what this is and how I may be able to fix it other than uninstalling SP2 ?

Paul

Just a thought are you running sygate firewall? If so try disabling it and see what happens with regerds this error. I haven't experienced your specific problem but I do know there does seem to be some issue between sygate and this program. I run sygate a continually get a message saying this program has been blocked from accessing the web, even though my firewall has been instucted to allow it, now I kow this is different from your problem however my OS was a pre-installed SP2 which may have been sufficiant to create less of a problem. If you don'trun sygate it may still be a firewallrelated problem.

One other thing, the sygate people said if for some reason this program couldn't contact the web itwould only mean that I would not receive notification of updates, so the program itselfmay notbe that critical to your system

Roguetrader,

Many thanks for your help, we do have some great people on here always willing to help. I actually use Zonealarm which may have also contributed to the problem but I think I have now resolved it. For those who have also had this then you can try the following:

1) Click Start then select "Settings" then "Contol Panel" and double click "Administrative Tools"

2) Double click "Services" the find "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" and double click

3) Under the "General" tab where it says "Startup Type" make sure this is set to "Disabled"

4) Where it says "Service Status" click on "Stop"

This solved the problem for me and is worth a try if you are getting this issue.

Paul

sp2 affecting e-books

HI

it seems that a problem that i had of not being able to open a CTA 2003 e-book is as a result of installing Windows XP sp2 - which causes problems for e=books.

I have now run an executable file that has fixed the problem. Have a look at -

http://www.realestateinvestoracademy.com/support/

Cheers

jtrader.

If you follow Microsoft's instructions on their website, including being sure that your computer is free of spy programs and viruses and nothing is running, you shold have no problem. I have installed SP2 on 6 computers and no problems of any type encountered.