Would profitable traders participate in online forums?

A friend of mine asked me this question today... and as I value T2W somehow (he doubt the usefulness of this forum, and directed me to Traders Laboratory instead), would anyone help me to give him an answer?

regards
truly always yours :|

Impossible to know unless a profitable trader posted their account statements in the forum or gave trade calls in advance.

It seems most participants in forums will not provide real time trade calls that others can follow. My guess is 95% are losers and is the reason they will not give real time trade calls as that will expose them as such.

(I know scalpers cannot give real time trade calls due to the short time frame of their trades.)

Before the haters come out, yes, I am a struggling trader.

Last edited:
Impossible to know unless a profitable trader posted their account statements in the forum or gave trade calls in advance.

It seems most participants in forums will not provide real time trade calls that others can follow. My guess is 95% are losers and is the reason they will not give real time trade calls as that will expose them as such.

(I know scalpers cannot give real time trade calls due to the short time frame of their trades.)

Agreed!

Thank you

I see your "agreed" and raise you a "certainly" :D

Depends only on if profitable traders can consistently manage their psyche ,it is infact advantageous to report live to others , to help deviating oneself from profitable trading methods .

The really valuable posts that profitable traders could make are not real-time, i.e. recent historic, what they did just a few minutes ago - but future, i.e. what they will do tomorrow.

The really valuable posts that profitable traders could make are not real-time, i.e. recent historic, what they did just a few minutes ago - but future, i.e. what they will do tomorrow.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ind...ndices-dow-dax-nasdaq-s-p-47.html#post2930766

There is a trade for next week called in advance , if anyone is confident of a strategy , they will post in advance.

The strategy is profitable over a series of trades , unlike the technical analysis market timing and trend trading methods used by the 95% club.

Maybe the forum attracts traders looking for realism of trading psychology , in the trading psychology section