wot u think o these then?

sample size is enough to determine eventual outcome. I only look ed at the 1st 10 trades in example 1. He continuously selling as price is rising. End result would be zero equity.
Only if you assume the trader has no plan outside of im selling it. Could be playing for a 2000 pts move down, in line with the weekly.
Didn't bother looking at the others.
Peter
comon pete your better than that. U might learn smthin, even if its how it shouldnt be done. ;)

Yep, sim/demo imo is great. The only id add to your (slips and fills) is psych

That is exactly what I meant by bridging that gap:
In fact, although I don't think reading TITZ is anywhere near enough,
that is one point he does cover - the gulf between live and SIM,
and the reasons for that.
Bridge that gap and you have an effective tool for discretionary testing.

If you still treat the two as different for that reason, that tends to suggest
you still place too much importance on individually executed live trades.
I could be wrong about that, only you know the answer to that one.
Personally, I feel the same on live or SIM.

What is the difference for you personally between live and SIM.
How do you feel?
I'm guessing more pressure with real money and none with SIM.
It may not work for you, everyone is different, me, I feel less pressure with
live than I did to start with and more with SIM, so they are roughly equal now.
At the very least, it may be worthwhile for you to think about why you
treat them differently.

Last edited:
1-Yes lost badly : 700 points in just 2 sessions . ( If you didn't use a SL you would have lost much less in the 6th and 7th of FEB ) .
I didnt use a sto. and i didnt lose 700 points :D

2- ROFL so you didn't pay attention to your trading size for what ? 8 trades , nonetheless it did work :LOL: , what a coincidence to do that by mistake after a series of losses and winnings .
The ticket was auto filled at 0.2 due me testing if i can part close, found out i cant. However, the size was controlled with an iron clad grip! ;)

Last edited:
What is the difference for you personally between live and SIM.
How do you feel?
I'm guessing more pressure with real money and none with SIM.
It may not work for you, everyone is different, me, I feel less pressure with
live than I did to start with and more with SIM, so they are roughly equal now.
At the very least, it may be worthwhile for you to think about why you
treat them differently.
Yep, have always thought of myself as fearless, found that not to be the case when i did the keeping things simple. Also, i have a profit gap that i need to close.
At from the TiTZ thread you know ive been working psych example 1 (thurs - fri inc NF) was testing that psych, cant say it was like picking daisies but it was easy, although i could have performed better, i didnt miss a beat in the execution.

I didnt use a sto. and i didnt lose 700 points :D

Yes i know you didn't use SL orders which is irrelevant many traders dont use SL orders , but you did cut your losses you didn't hang on , what i meant if you didn't cut your losses - which is bad - and just stayed in your short even if you sold the 6/2 exact low you would have lost much less , so that's why i said you've lost badly , didn't pay close attention though if there is some trick here or there , just noticed that TP levels are above your shorts entries , don't know how MT4 works , anyway .

Last edited:
The ticket was auto filled at 0.2 due me testing if i can part close, found out i cant i cant. However, the size was controlled with an iron clad grip! ;)

Why can't you close part of the trade? Looks like MT4? So you should be able to.

Peter

Why can't you close part of the trade? Looks like MT4? So you should be able to.

Peter
I couldnt find it mate, but was only quick look but coulda been a blond moment, will check again when i got a mo. Either way Mt4 sucks! :LOL:
EDIT:- Have checked into that, on my mt4 you can partially close but only at market, thats no good to me.
I think it differs from broker to broker in what they allow.

Last edited:
Yes i know you didn't use SL orders which is irrelevant many traders dont use SL orders , but you did cut your losses you didn't hang on , what i meant if you didn't cut your losses - which is bad - and just stayed in your short even if you sold the 6/2 exact low you would have lost much less , so that's why i said you've lost badly , didn't pay close attention though if there is some trick here or there , just noticed that TP levels are above your shorts entries , don't know how MT4 works , anyway .
Ah got you, thats assuming my size was 0.5 , which it isnt. If my size was 0.5 then i lost bad. REAAAAL BAAAD!
EDIT:- If many traders dont use stops, they dont frequent these boards
Re lost badly:- see my green edit here
Re MT4:- yeah it sucks for banging in orders lol. esp when the tp are order specific

Last edited:
No stops! by the man a beer! :clap:
"TP settings are "interesting" arnt they just! :)
expectancy figs are meaningless unless the objectives are known
What would Jimmy Balodimas likely be doing on the savage gap. First up wont be getting slipped on a stop because he doesnt use stops. Secondly, providing hes not already to big he likely see it as buying op with the view of managing/taking loss (or profits for that matter) on the way back up.

Last paragraph on over trading:
http://www.asiapacfinance.com/blog/2013/01/03/how-to-be-profitable-on-a-wrong-trade/
Personally its not an approach I would use at all.
I doubt Balodimas uses it with this frequency either.

Personally, I can't help but think its a matter of time before
Balodimas has a Niederhoffer, LTCM, Leeson type event.
Sooner or later, it will keep on going like a freight train and not come back.
You need an ultimate fail safe at least, and at least SIM test it...

Anyway, good luck however you proceed, your choices, your decisions :)

Last edited:
Last paragraph on over trading:
http://www.asiapacfinance.com/blog/2013/01/03/how-to-be-profitable-on-a-wrong-trade/
Personally its not an approach I would use at all.
I doubt Balodimas uses it with this frequency either.

Personally, I can't help but think its a matter of time before
Balodimas has a Niederhoffer, LTCM, Leeson type event.
Sooner or later, it will keep on going like a freight train and not come back.
You need an ultimate fail safe at least, and at least SIM test it...
Im not over tarding mate, dont worry ;)
EDIT: re freight trains, i always aim to align myself with freight trains, Unlike Jimmy! One of his many failings that he acknowledges

Last edited:
Im not over tarding mate, dont worry ;)
EDIT: re freight trains, i always aim to align myself with freight trains, Unlike Jimmy! One of his many failings that he acknowledges

Work out your frictional costs versus gross profit first :)
Over trading does not mean high frequency.
Its when costs are a major obstacle to trading at that frequency.
Thats why HFT works - low costs.
Retailer tries the same thing with retail costs = slaughtered.

Last edited:
Ok, The desired size was 4ppp (8x0.5)
My max size 6ppp (12x0.5)

Now that you all know that, iyo how did i perform in thurs - fri price action?

Frictional costs? spreads slips in relation to objectives? sorry I is fic
Frictional = commisions, spreads, slippage, tech issues (dropped connection etc.) and so on.
All that as a total.

Last edited:
Ok, The desired size was 4ppp (8x0.5)
My max size 6ppp (12x0.5)

Now that you all know that, iyo how did i perform in thurs - fri price action?

Doesn't make a difference , when you lost you lost 700 points @ 0.5 or 100 @ 7 .. etc , but when you made money you just made 100 points @ 0.5 or 15 @ 7 ... . Again the trading sample is too small so cant judge .

Doesn't make a difference , when you lost you lost 700 points @ 0.5 or 100 @ 7 .. etc , but when you made money you just made 100 points @ 0.5 or 15 @ 7 ... . Again the trading sample is too small so cant judge .
It doesnt make a diffence? :eek:
Have a sec to think about it.
Edit:- Remember, the objectives in example 1 and 2 are different.

Last edited:
As i said trading sample too small ... We need to see how are you going to take your profits .. etc .
I agree. The objectives are something you dont know. Which means you are in no position to know if it makes a difference or not. True?