Do you think these commission rates inside are acceptable?

It's not just about commissions, although what you should pay is in the 4 dollar per round trip range. I would rather pay a bit more but get a solid and reliable platform. Getting properly filled is more important to me than 50 cents. There are a few problems with the smaller futures brokers, and one of them is something that most people don't realize. Read the fine print and you'll find that they're not obligated to send each and every order to the exchange. Yes, many actually act as bucket shops and seek to drain accounts. Just try to confront them on this issue, and see the run around you'll get.

And you got any fine print to prove this. Not saying your wrong but would be
good if you could shed more light on this as if its true retail are just getting
spanked from every angle.........IT COULD BE ONE BIG TURD PIE WITH EVERYBODYS
FINGERS IN IT

It's not just about commissions, although what you should pay is in the 4 dollar per round trip range. I would rather pay a bit more but get a solid and reliable platform. Getting properly filled is more important to me than 50 cents. There are a few problems with the smaller futures brokers, and one of them is something that most people don't realize. Read the fine print and you'll find that they're not obligated to send each and every order to the exchange. Yes, many actually act as bucket shops and seek to drain accounts. Just try to confront them on this issue, and see the run around you'll get.

An internal market can theoretically be to clients' advantage: Say one client is on the offer, and one client goes to lift the offer - client a) benefits from lower commission AND A better fill, client b) benefits from lower commission.

Sopodo,

You probably already have the answer you need, but I agree with timsk that you need to figure out what all of the costs are, not just commission. I've had some bad luck with extra fees showing up both transactional and monthly. Another thing is the tiered systems are misleading most of the time (at least to me). I thought once I went over 1000 trades the rate would change for all my trades and it was just for the ones over 1000. With all that said, none of this is really too important unless your trading necessitates it. For me, it was tough initially because I wanted under $4 all in for an e-mini and didn't trade a lot all of the time and had a small account ($10k). Now I have a larger account, but my trading is sporadic and I hated to keep trying to figure our the tiered structure so had to find a firm to accommodate me. Anyways good luck.

On commission itself, I could say that this broker is cheap.

variancefutures commissions.

However there's then the extra charge for the following...

The platform fee and license on some platforms.

However the more and larger volume you trade you could get some or all rebate.

platform rebates.

So the choice is yours.

Once again I would just like to say thanks very much to everyone that has answered to this thread. Your help is very much appreciated.

Perhaps I will use these people in the future, but go for a little more expensive commissions when I start. Like they say you want a good broker and platform that can fill you. For that a few extra cents is all right I guess.