WorldSpreads

Hello Marvin

I called you two times last week, If I could come back on Auto trading as you feed is much faster. You said on two occasion you will get back to be,saying you need to talk to the dealrs first. I also called today, three times, but the girl on reception said you was very busy,. maybe you new it was me calling? Anyway, it says in your letter you sent me, that I could go back on Auto trading, read the letter below.

.....................................................................................................................................................................
Letter from worldspreads
We operate a fully hedged book so it is irrelevant to our Company performance whether a client makes money or not. We do, however, do not appreciate clients who deliberately trade off slow moving prices when they are clearly aware that the price is a few seconds slow.

We are currently doing extensive work on our IT platform which will ensure that by the end of August, our prices will not be delayed and consequently, we will put you back on automated instant executions. Until this new system is in place, please accept out apologies for the slow moving prices which had precipitated you account being placed on dealer referral;

.......................................................................................
I could not get an answer by phoning you. could you please give me an answer here on your thread...If I can trade on 1 points spread with instant execution.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
MarvinS said:
Client just let me know the new pricing is 1 sec faster then e-signal. Does anyone use E-signal?

Yep I use esignal

Was watching $INDU (around 3 to 5 pm yesterday)between worldspreads and esignal, seemed pretty consistent, didn't understand the corresponding futures market (1 tick spread) on world spreads though, at one point it was trading at a price level consistent with the cash market but then had jumped 35 ticks. I checked the DXZ6 future and apart from the early morning jump that was all over by 3pm couldn't find a movement that large.

Martin what instrument do you use for your DOW 1 tick future product?

Cheers

T

T

WS seemed to have had a couple of issues with their online feed in the last week or so, It was either Tues or Wed on the morning session that the price on the site was out for a good few hours, it showed a price, but when you tried to trade that price it referred you to dealer. Likewise yesterday, I saw that jump as well, can only assume that their feed fell down again yesterday at that point.

Chris

Yep, I was watching yesterday and WS's future based price seemed to be going in different directions to other charts at times.

chindl said:
T

WS seemed to have had a couple of issues with their online feed in the last week or so, It was either Tues or Wed on the morning session that the price on the site was out for a good few hours, it showed a price, but when you tried to trade that price it referred you to dealer. Likewise yesterday, I saw that jump as well, can only assume that their feed fell down again yesterday at that point.

Chris

Hi

All a bit worrying if their main feed "goes down" on one of their promotional products. Given that their spread on the Dow Cash is 4 ticks then it is no more attractive than CMC or capitalspreads (4 ticks still?)

I reckon that they are not all they are cracked up to be, they don't even offer basic charts.

Cheers

Phil Mibbutz said:
Yep, I was watching yesterday and WS's future based price seemed to be going in different directions to other charts at times.

:LOL:

Cheers. reads almost like that jasper carrot car insurance claim form sketch .that claimants fill out when making insurance claims.

"I didnt know which way she was going to run, so I ran over her" lol.....

Thank You Lord.

Does Worldspreads still offer the waiving of the first £250 loss in the first month?
I am sure it was an offer originally.
May be worth more than the 1-pip spread!!

thanks

trendie said:
Does Worldspreads still offer the waiving of the first £250 loss in the first month?
I am sure it was an offer originally.
May be worth more than the 1-pip spread!!

thanks

I know of someone who lost over 900 quid with worldspreads in a week. But no waiving of the first £250 loss in the first month? so to answer you question Its, NO.

Unless they got a special offer some where I don't know? . But what is good for one should be good for all.…

laptop1 said:
I know of someone who lost over 900 quid with worldspreads in a week. But no waiving of the first £250 loss in the first month? so to answer you question Its, NO.

Unless they got a special offer some where I don't know? . But what is good for one should be good for all.…

If you sign up and put "John Bartlett" as your referral reference then you will get up to £250 refund of losses as long as you claim within 8 weeks of sign up.

John will also give you one of his trading systems that he sells for £50 (Tornado or Tomcat)

I did it just to get the £250 refund option and the free system as I was curious to see what it was.

Cheers

T

Last edited:
My point is, worldspreads should offer it to EVERYONE!, not just on selective clients. This is discrimination to others who have open an account, such as the trader I mentioned, who lost over 900 quid in 3 days.

Last edited:
I don't personally use World Spreads But if my choice of SB companies were determined by a refund guarantee then I would have to take a serious look at my trading methods. It's as damaging as setting your stops to break even.

laptop1 said:
My point is, worldspreads should offer it to all, not just on selective clients. This is discrimination to others who have open an account, such as the trader I mentioned, who lost over 900 quid in 3 days.

Its a business concept known as "loss-leaders" - nothing unique or special.
Businesses are always offering "special offers", "sales", "double clubcard points", "buy-one-get-one-free", "special-lower-rate-for-new-mortgages", etc.

The guy who lost £900, lost £900 because of his failure to trade his plan (assuming he had one), and would have lost anyway, irrespective of any offers or pip-spreads. (sorry)

I thought WS, and the £250 loss-write-off would help me to test a new strategy with real-money, real-time.

happy and profitable trading for this coming week. :D

EDIT: thanks timaru69 for info.

trendie said:
I thought WS, and the £250 loss-write-off would help me to test a new strategy with real-money, real-time.
I cannot subscribe to this concept as believing you would be refunded for any losses incured is no different from paper trading except that if you make a profit you get to keep the spoils therefore you have no emotional barrier for taking a loss.
you can't play both end against the middle.

laptop1 said:
My point is, worldspreads should offer it to all, not just on selective clients. This is discrimination to others who have open an account, such as the trader I mentioned, who lost over 900 quid in 3 days.

Laptop :

From your experiences, WorldSpreads is not a trustworthy company to trade with, why are you still wish them to offer you in activating your account to put trades on. I would suggest you move on to other financial institutes which are much more reliable and carry good name with good history behind them.

laptop1 said:
My point is, worldspreads should offer it to EVERYONE!, not just on selective clients. This is discrimination to others who have open an account, such as the trader I mentioned, who lost over 900 quid in 3 days.

Hi Laptop

I understand your point, and it's a good one. Not sure what the reason is, guess John is on a referral scheme for worldspreads

He seems to have gone from recomending finspreads to worldspreads so i guess these guys go where the money is.

Only advising how to get the £250 (and a free system)

Cheers

mattmadd said:
Laptop :

From your experiences, WorldSpreads is not a trustworthy company to trade with, why are you still wish them to offer you in activating your account to put trades on. I would suggest you move on to other financial institutes which are much more reliable and carry good name with good history behind them.

Hello mattmadd

I have direct access accounts, but my point is, worldspreads advertise 1 pip spread with instant executions. I have heard their prices are now much faster. So I have asked Marivn a simple question, can I come back on Auto trading. which he said in a letter when we have sorted the slow prices you may come back on Auto trading.

Well, we see. It feels like they dont want a profitable trader. I told him, he can lay my bets off. I even trade in line with the exchange so easy hedging for them.That is if they are worried about me being profitable lol

Lets see what Marvin will come back with, We know he reads this thread.

Up to £250 cash back applies depending on whom you were reffered by and lasts up to 8 weeks from the date you opened the account. You may not apply for this unless you came through a referrer! People like John Bartlett work hard to develop relationships with their clients and i think you are showing a great amount of dis-respect by talking about this so loosely.

Laptop1 - I said i would get back to you ASAP. I have been rather busy recently and i am sorry my PA did not portray this to you the other day.

MarvinS said:
Laptop1 - I said i would get back to you ASAP. I have been rather busy recently and i am sorry my PA did not portray this to you the other day.

Hello Marvin

I know you are very busy, but its been 10 days since I asked you, regarding Auto Trading with instant executions and if I can be put back on and taken off referred to dealer.

Regards,

I never knew trading on a 1 pip spread would be so popular!
We give both an internet dealing and phone brokerage service at 1 pip spreads. Perhaps you could call us to deal to start with and then go from there.
We are in the business of building relationships with our clients and i apologise for not getting back to you sooner! As i said before we have been mega busy coming out of the Summer period.

Last edited: