WorldSpreads

laptop 1

I suppose you wanted to take a personal revenge on WS 'through your sister's account' but it went the other way round and WS took revenge on you 'through your sister's account'. You wanted to take your personal issue with WS a step further and WS shot at your foot. They have been telling you to take your business somewhere else and you haven't listend to the warning.

I like the way fxwinner22 put's it:

fxwinner22 said:
they don't want winners.

if you win on a spreadbet platform you dont win anything from the market - you win from the bookmakers pocket.

They dont enter trades along with winners -

firstly they WOULD have to pay tax and they WOULD have to pay commissions.

secondly they are not in the trading business - they are in the bookmaking business - they want to make money from suckers like any bookmaker. - nothing wrong with that as that's the business they are in but don't make the mistake that they want to find winners and copy them - they want people to lose so they get their money.

If they wanted to trade then they would be traders or hedge fund managers - they arent they are bookmakers and they like serial losers and hate winners. - it's the nature of the beast.

How true this is in regard to the WS business. Marvin the fisher has gone.He has finished his job here. He is fishing somewhere else now. . Do you miss him? He doesn't care about you 'the old fish', he needs some fresh fish now, that is his job. He was born a trader, lost his money and now he is a fisher. What a messy life.

swissgold said:
laptop 1

I suppose you wanted to take a personal revenge on WS 'through your sister's account' but it went the other way round and WS took revenge on you 'through your sister's account'. You wanted to take your personal issue with WS a step further and WS shot at your foot. They have been telling you to take your business somewhere else and you haven't listend to the warning.

How true this is in regard to the WS business. Marvin the fisher has gone.He has finished his job here. He is fishing somewhere else now. . Do you miss him? He doesn't care about you 'the old fish', he needs some fresh fish now, that is his job. He was born a trader, lost his money and now he is a fisher. What a messy life.
Very plausible through their observation someone opening a new account with the same surname as myself and live within 15 miles. whether I was giving her signals or she was trading her own signals, it's unwarranted in what they done. They meticulous new what they where doing through a process where they can change settings on ones platform for the client to consistently lose where the client have no control. Through my observation my sister made 17 trade, and made around 340 quid in around 2 hours, she came back the next day, to find the platform had changed with many different confirm boxes appearing which was difficult to distinguish between a confirm box or cancel box, we counted, from the buy and sell boxes, she had to distinguish between 7 trading boxes, the previous day, she only had to contend with 1 trading box, do you smell a fish.

Laptop1, I starting contributing on this thread a while ago, essentially on your side if you check the posts, but have left it alone for a while.

There is clearly an issue between you and WS, you have cetrainly made that point well, but the fact you keep banging on about it sows perhaps an obsession here. You have laid out the recourse you intend to follow, your signature etc, then go do it!

I have traded the markets for many years, well over twenty, and understand that whilst one can plough a decent furrow for a while in a given location, sooner or later your tractor or your field gets F****D one way or another and its time to buy a new tractor and plough another furrow somewhere else, or plough a different furrow in the same field.

jimbo57 said:
I have traded the markets for many years, well over twenty, and understand that whilst one can plough a decent furrow for a while in a given location, sooner or later your tractor or your field gets F****D one way or another and its time to buy a new tractor and plough another furrow somewhere else, or plough a different furrow in the same field.

Yes, I think that's (sadly) true. I have also traded for many years, about 15 now, was a floor trader on LIFFE, worked elsewhere in the City and so forth.

yep- same old story....its a question of adapting and moving on - if we stand still, the simple fact that time doesnt has only one conclusion...

jimbo57 said:
Laptop1, I starting contributing on this thread a while ago, essentially on your side if you check the posts, but have left it alone for a while.

There is clearly an issue between you and WS, you have cetrainly made that point well, but the fact you keep banging on about it sows perhaps an obsession here. You have laid out the recourse you intend to follow, your signature etc, then go do it!

Jimbo57

With respect, when I know I'm right, I wont let it drop, all I'm doing is, keeping everyone up to date and to warn others what have happen to me and my sister. The next step is the FSO and I will inform this thread what the out come will.by the way, if thats ok with you jimbo57?

Further more, does it tell you something why Marvin wont respond to me. Because deep down he knows I'm right.

Regards

laptop1 said:
Jimbo57

With respect, when I know I'm right, I wont let it drop, all I'm doing is, keeping everyone up to date and to warn others what have happen to me and my sister. The next step is the FSO and I will inform this thread what the out come will.by the way, if thats ok with you jimbo57?

Further more, does it tell you something why Marvin wont respond to me. Because deep down he knows I'm right.

Regards
Well I thought he had earlier in the thread by saying he was not prepared to discuss particular instances on an open thread.

But that aside, you must not, as a trader, allow something to eat at you in this way. It is corrossive, unproductive, and ultimately can lead to destruction - that is the only point I was try to get across. If you allow this, then your mind set is such that you will allow positions that go against you to do the same, and, as a trader, that is the approach to the end of the road.

true story - a few years ago I opened an account with an sb purely for the purpose of arbing their prices into the underlying. I made 30k in three months with zero risk - they twigged and started all the usual games.

Different tractor, different furrow now!

Sorry to bang on here, But...most traders who fail look to "beat the system" (indeed that may be why many find themselves here in the first place), but invariably the most succesful, maybe reuctantly at first!, accept the system for what it is and then work its inefficiencies for what they are worth, without drawing undue attention to themselves, for as long as they exist, and for no longer.

I love it Swissy - You know very little about me or my background but attempt to sum me up in 1 sentence. People ask for me to answer questions then slag me off - what a strange strange venue for discussions. You can tell how some people have turned trading into an obscession!

Posting on BB is easy, you write and it is posted. With no care or thoughts for others.

I wish all the decent & genuine traders all the best...

Thanks
MarvinS

Jimbo

I can see where you are coming from, but if you are wronged in life you should look to rectify that wrong surely. If I am overcharged in a bar I don't look at the change and say, oh well, mustn't grumble, need to get on with life. If I eat a meal that is rubbish and pay over the odds, then surely I should point out that I don't wish to pay that much money for it and ask that they return it. The same applies when using financial firms, if a large firm failed to treat me farily then I would take it up with them and seek questions, particularly if I feel I have a valid case.

Laptop clearly feels he has been wronged and he should take whatever course of action he deems fit in the circumstances. My advice to Laptop though would be to take it away from this board and wait for WS to answer any questions he raises, provided of course they do answer his questions, which up to this point does not appear to have happened reading back on the thread.

Just my opinion, nothing more nothing less. If anyone is trying to trade the dow tonight, wow it's chopping, nothing doing at all.

Chris

Laptop

There are many brokers out there. Vote with your feet. The same thing has happened to me with other SB firms. Once turned 1,000 into 30,000 sterling in a short time and I too got the same treatment with this firm in Dublin in the early days. The reason why you have become so obsessive and others should understand this is that you were making easy money off slow prices when compared to live market( jumping in and out on momentum) I made my money from d4f on 3/4 spreads and I would love to trade with these guys but I was put in the referral club before I even opened an account. ' We do not welcome scalpers' , I was told. Face facts Laptop. The gravy train is over. Move on and perhaps we can get a decent system with good price feeds and some positive results.

Last edited:
bradford said:
Laptop

There are many brokers out there. Vote with your feet. The same thing has happened to me with other SB firms. Once turned 1,000 into 30,000 sterling in a short time and I too got the same treatment with this firm in Dublin in the early days. The reason why you have become so obsessive and others should understand this is that you were making easy money off slow prices when compared to live market( jumping in and out on momentum) I made my money from d4f on 3/4 spreads and I would love to trade with these guys but I was put in the referral club before I even opened an account. ' We do not welcome scalpers' , I was told. Face facts Laptop. The gravy train is over. Move on and perhaps we can get a decent system with good price feeds and some positive results.

Well said though I don't quite understand the part I've highlighted. How can that happen if you haven't traded with them yet?

Visaria said:
Well said though I don't quite understand the part I've highlighted. How can that happen if you haven't traded with them yet?

Worldspreads origins were in Dublin where I had an account where the same thing happened to me. The platform is I presume the same but the spreads are narrower. It would cost millions to have a cutting edge system like D4F(CMC). I have spoken with the firm today and they were very helpful saying that they wanted a fair system. Third party prices which can give a slight edge is probably not fair in their view.' Trade their system using their prices,' I feel is basically what they are saying.

Last edited:
bradford said:
I have spoken with the firm today and they were very helpful saying that they wanted a fair system. Third party prices which can give a slight edge is probably not fair in their view.' Trade their system using their prices,' I feel is basically what they are saying.
So, to do this we would all need to trade like Larry Livermore, on the reading of their tape, which may or may not be accurate in accordance with the current market and you may or may not get re-quoted on depending on certain aspects of the trades previously entered into? The only reason I say this is because they do not provide any form of charting so you have no option but to seek different chart packages if you wish to trade with them, unless we all become reminiscent of a stock operator two centuries ago. If they did provide charts, their spreads are so tight on most things I would possibly consider more business their way, provided of course there are no shenanigans on the prices quoted should I be up.

All in all, no problems as yet from me. But some of things mentioned before have made me think a little about this firm.

All the best anyway,

chindl said:
So, to do this we would all need to trade like Larry Livermore, on the reading of their tape, which may or may not be accurate in accordance with the current market and you may or may not get re-quoted on depending on certain aspects of the trades previously entered into? The only reason I say this is because they do not provide any form of charting so you have no option but to seek different chart packages if you wish to trade with them, unless we all become reminiscent of a stock operator two centuries ago. If they did provide charts, their spreads are so tight on most things I would possibly consider more business their way, provided of course there are no shenanigans on the prices quoted should I be up.

All in all, no problems as yet from me. But some of things mentioned before have made me think a little about this firm.

All the best anyway,
To be fair, I think what they're saying is that if someone is sitting with two price feeds, and snipes away, only dealing on bad prices, they don't want the business. Putting someone on 'refer' doesn't necessarily stop them trading, just gives the WS dealer a chance to check the price is reasonable. It will mean that anyone on 'refer' may take longer to trade, or have more trades rejected over figures, but this is a quid pro quo. If you only trade when the prices are out - Bradford suggests he made his money from dealing on slow prices- you have to accept that you may get rejected. We all want a reliable, fast platform and tight spreads. If the only way to get this is to refer anyone who takes advantage, then I can't honestly say I'm very sympathetic.

You guys you got it all wrong, I cant believe you are sticking up for a f...ing spread bet firm. Look below how many trade confirmation boxes my sister had to distinguish between
never mind the slow prices...I'm on about the platform, how they can change it one day to the next..she was on Auto the first day and made money. … The next day she had to contend with 7 different confirm boxes..The ones who trade with worldspreads who are not profitable wont see this...Take a look below.

> These are the platform boxes there are 7 boxes

> Deal Ticket ( BOX 1 )
> Current price for
> 1 of EURUSD - ROLLING SPOT
> 1,2630 - 1,2633
> SELL BUY

> close
> .................................................................................................................................
> Bet confirmation client
> Deal reference 1004xx ( BOX 2 )> 58234
> This bet
> You sold 1,00 of EURUSD - ROLLING SPOT at 1,2537 (serial no:
> 91740//Worldspreads, FSA regulated, date 17/07/06 at 12,52
> expires on 31/12/10

> Or you may get one of these boxes below
> ...........................................................................................................................
> Awaiting Confirmation
> You bet is being ( BOX 3 )
> processed

> close
....................................................................................................................................................
Awaiting Confirmation
Your trade is being ( BOX 4 )
referred to a dealer
>Please wait....

close

........................................................................................................................
> Below are trade confirmation for the above
> ....................................................................................................................
> .
> Deal Ticket
> 1 of EURUSD-ROLLING SPOT ( BOX 5 )
> 1,2640
> CONFIRM BET
> 3 seconds remaining
> If you dont Confirm, a box will come like the one below
> ................................................................................................................
> Information ( BOX 6 )
> Bet confirmation times out, please try
> again
> ..................................................................................................................
> Also there is an another box, it pops up once with no Awaiting Confirmation or confirm button you cant see your price and the amount you have placed, It is also confusing, It says on top of the box"Information" same as the box which says "time out please try again".You can wait anything up to 20 seconds, but it dont give no Confirm button with price and stake very confusing
> ..............................................................................................................................................
> Information ( BOX 7 )
> Our dealers have checked your price
> and accepted your request to trade,
> Please check your open bets and/or
> account history for confirmation to see
> the results
> close

Last edited:
laptop1 said:
You guys you got it all wrong, I cant believe you are sticking up for a f...ing spread bet firm. Look below how many trade confirmation boxes my sister had to distinguish between
never mind the slow prices...I am on about the platform how they can change it one day to the next..she was on Auto the first day and made money. … The next day she had to contend with 7 different confirm boxes..The ones who trade with worldspreads who are not profitable wont see this...Take a look below.

> These are the platform boxes there are 7 boxes

> Deal Ticket ( BOX 1 )
> Current price for
> 1 of EURUSD - ROLLING SPOT
> 1,2630 - 1,2633
> SELL BUY

> close
> .................................................................................................................................
> Bet confirmation client
> Deal reference 1004xx ( BOX 2 )> 58234
> This bet
> You sold 1,00 of EURUSD - ROLLING SPOT at 1,2537 (serial no:
> 91740//Worldspreads, FSA regulated, date 17/07/06 at 12,52
> expires on 31/12/10

> Or you may get one of these boxes below
> ...........................................................................................................................
> Awaiting Confirmation Awaiting Confirmation
> You bet is being ( BOX 3 ) Your trade is being ( BOX 4 )
> processed referred to a dealer,
> Please wait
> close close
> ................................................................................................................................
> Below are trade confirmation for the above
> ....................................................................................................................
> .
> Deal Ticket
> 1 of EURUSD-ROLLING SPOT ( BOX 5 )
> 1,2640
> CONFIRM BET
> 3 seconds remaining
> If you dont Confirm, a box will come like the one below
> ................................................................................................................
> Information ( BOX 6 )
> Bet confirmation times out, please try
> again
> ..................................................................................................................
> Also there is an another box, it pops up once with no Awaiting Confirmation or confirm button you cant see your price and the amount you have placed, It is also confusing, It says on top of the box"Information" same as the box which says "time out please try again".You can wait anything up to 20 seconds, but it dont give no Confirm button with price and stake very confusing
> ..............................................................................................................................................
> Information ( BOX 7 )
> Our dealers have checked your price
> and accepted your request to trade,
> Please check your open bets and/or
> account history for confirmation to see
> the results
> close

I'll stick up for anyone who I think is right. Whether a SB firm or you. In your case, both with the Power of Attorney, and now with an excessive number of confirmations, I think WS have taken the p1ss. Doesn't mean that the necessity to refer some people's trades is intrinsically wrong though.

Finspreads just went down for around half hour, luckily I wasn't in a position... I had just closed out, albeit a little early, it went in my favour on the FTSE.... missed a good fall there, still got 20 pips from 'em though

If you have a poor meal in a restaurant Laptop do you leave and go on a ' witch hunt ,' posting on boards left ,right and centre. No, just find another one. You are upset, just like I was. You have warned everyone now therefore your job is done. With respect you must move on. Compare your performance with your live futures platform with 1pt spreads and you will find that you are way off the mark again, just as I am. That's why I understand .It took me 6 weeks to make 30,000. 3,500 was my best day on 16 a point( that was the tolerance before it went through to a dealer).Thoses were the days and on 3/4 point spreads.My wife thought I was a genius, until the problems that your'e having started. But oh boy wasn't it good while it lasted !!!

Take care Laptop, we will continue looking for the holy grail.