Worldspreads upgraded!

Jack o'Clubs said:
If you mean at just gone 7pm yesterday, that was a problem at the exchange - eCBOT went down, as it has just done again :rolleyes:

Its not a price feed problem - that exchange goes down quite often and its usually as a figure comes out or when volume comes in.

I will secound that, CBOT has gone down the last 2 days, Nothing to do with any spreadbet firm.

Every time this happens to CBOT. Look out, there is usually a big one waymove around the corner.

laptop1 said:
I will secound that, CBOT has gone down the last 2 days, Nothing to do with any spreadbet firm.

Every time this happens to CBOT. Look out, there is usually a big one waymove around the corner.

Are you saying the major indices have topped and from here on its very bad for mankind?

One of the horsemen are making their horse at the ready ?

Legion said:
Are you saying the major indices have topped and from here on its very bad for mankind?

One of the horsemen are making their horse at the ready ?

make of it as you will. "Its a conspiracy" :cheesy:

laptop1 said:
make of it as you will. "Its a conspiracy" :cheesy:

Yet another conspiracy theaory! LOL

wel tell you the whole market movements are conspiracy and manipulations

Stock markets do not have conspiracy theory's they are exchanges between individuals or corporations. If you feel that you are being manipulated you better get out however small or large you are!

Spread betting firms purely price price from these markets - if they attempted to manipulate their prices with such narrow margins in the case of WorldSpreads they would find it hard to make money. Years ago this was possible but now with the speed of pricing information it is not! Traders have the advantage now.
Good luck!

MarvinS said:
Spread betting firms purely price price from these markets - if they attempted to manipulate their prices with such narrow margins in the case of WorldSpreads they would find it hard to make money. Years ago this was possible but now with the speed of pricing information it is not! Traders have the advantage now.
Good luck!
Marvin manipulation is all around us. I know we are going off the subject regarding spreadbetting but read below what I said on another thread

World banks create money and control credit, they will create enough money to buy it back again, It's now pay back time for the Banks. All who borrowed on the cheap must now pay back on higher interest.

Look at it this way, Money is man's only creation meaning, making something that did not exist before. so don't tell me it cant be multiplicated.

Clever Laptop - profits are only made from margins! The world/ banks/ tiny spread betting firms revolve around margins. Some larger than others, however i believe a firm as small as WS deserves the right to function and its only ability to function was to lower its margins in order ot facilitate more traders. Simple business you get more traders in then you keep the lowest margins, its the same with CMC. Except IG and a few others have decided against this. Why should anyone trade the Dow on a 4 tick spread the same question was asked to me 4 years ago about trading GBP on a 6 pip spread. Times are chagning and it is for the firms that you trade with to move!

Had two experiences recently where on closing a trade the price I got was
1 point less than the price I clicked on.It did not change just as I clicked,
it was a definite downgrade by 1 point.The actual price on the chart ( dax future )
existed for a mere fraction of a second ( it was a down tick to take out longs
and bounced back immediately ) and I managed to get filled at that lowest price.

I phoned World Spreads and they said that as the price was constantly changing and
it was possible to close at a point less than the screen.This brings up a couple
of points :-

1. If this is such a random event shoulden't I also experience an upgrade of 1 point
on closure of which I haven't yet.

2. Again if it is such a random event why not just honour the price you click
on the screen.Surely this is much better for all concerned ( well the customer
anyway )

I am fairly new to World Spreads and trade at the lower end of the scale and
would appreciate other's experiences at any level of trading.I am sure W/S are not the only
spread betting firm to carry out this practice if indeed this is what is actually
happening. Maybe this is part of the " dark side " mentioned earlier in the thread.

klw said:
Had two experiences recently where on closing a trade the price I got was
1 point less than the price I clicked on.It did not change just as I clicked,
it was a definite downgrade by 1 point.The actual price on the chart ( dax future )
existed for a mere fraction of a second ( it was a down tick to take out longs
and bounced back immediately ) and I managed to get filled at that lowest price.

I phoned World Spreads and they said that as the price was constantly changing and
it was possible to close at a point less than the screen.This brings up a couple
of points :-

1. If this is such a random event shoulden't I also experience an upgrade of 1 point
on closure of which I haven't yet.

2. Again if it is such a random event why not just honour the price you click
on the screen.Surely this is much better for all concerned ( well the customer
anyway )

I am fairly new to World Spreads and trade at the lower end of the scale and
would appreciate other's experiences at any level of trading.I am sure W/S are not the only
spread betting firm to carry out this practice if indeed this is what is actually
happening. Maybe this is part of the " dark side " mentioned earlier in the thread.

I'm increasingly suspicious too. The price from the SB firms are always out from what is displayed on Bloomberg TV.

These SB firms refer to them selves as market makers. Now what does a market do? Brings S & Demand together to achieve some level of price. Hence I suspect by their definition they can set the price subject to S & D + their piece of the action as they are market makers.

This is money we are talking about and everybody will want to set the field to their advantage. Anything else goes against human nature.

Everyone knows I have had my problems with WS and its all documented on the old world WS thread. but I must say they have improved. Their 1 pip spread on the Dow Futures is like trading the real market, but without paying commission, its fast, :-0 but I am only trading small testing methods live with real money, but they don't now that.

I can recommend trading the Dow Futures with them. I don't know what the other markets are like, but the Dow is fast and instant

Going back to marvin's point about margins / prices , there can be few things you buy where the difference in price between one merchant and another is often way over 100%, I think he's right in that it feels a bit like the old and the new , spreads have definitely come down fast , a couple of years ago 3 pips was on currencies was pretty good .Marvin , do you wonder how some firms can attract business with such high spreads ( like ig and i think city index are fairly pricey) , spread /cost is something that always concerns me , but it seems many traders arn't that bothered , which i don't understand , yes a pip for extra service maybe , but paying double what you can get elsewhere, that is beyond me .

Thanks for your reply Atilla.In fairness the 1 point spread is brilliant and market leading,they
can't stray too far from the underlying market price ( not in index futures
which is what I trade ) as they will get killed by the big hitters.I have
found the price to be pretty reflective of the market, they weight it 1 way
or the other depending on the trend and you would expect that to happen, I
just wish they would honour the price on the screen when you come to close out.

Phil M. 1 point is a big deal to me as I do very short term trades ( a few minutes
in the market ). What do you mean by " just wait until something really bad
happens " Can you give some examples ?

Still waiting for any one else's experiences of this or could you reply
Marvin please ?

" Can you give some examples ?"

" 1 point is a big deal to me as I do very short term trades ( a few minutes
in the market ). "

so what ? I cant find any examples from your side concerning "short term trades"

klw said:
Thanks for your reply Atilla.In fairness the 1 point spread is brilliant and market leading,they
can't stray too far from the underlying market price ( not in index futures
which is what I trade ) as they will get killed by the big hitters.I have
found the price to be pretty reflective of the market, they weight it 1 way
or the other depending on the trend and you would expect that to happen, I
just wish they would honour the price on the screen when you come to close out.

Phil M. 1 point is a big deal to me as I do very short term trades ( a few minutes
in the market ). What do you mean by " just wait until something really bad
happens " Can you give some examples ?

Still waiting for any one else's experiences of this or could you reply
Marvin please ?

Good points KLW - WS seem to be gaining a reputation like CMC...great to get in nightmare getting out (and if you make money they will close down your account).

Attila - you need to distinguish what a marketplace is - auction process of buyers sellers (as you said). MARKETMAKERS act as liquidity providers and certainly DO NOT need to offer best price because they are running a book

i give 10 out of 10 as far as trading in indices is concern but much wider spread in others puts me off a bit.
e.g brent crude has spread of 8 while others do for 5 pips. even wider spread in individual shares in ft 100 shares. For example over 10 points in astra, cmc do it for 1 or 2.(even finspread do tighter spread than this).... another one ,say ,is bp...2.1p vs. 0.5p with cmc.

when are you, marvin, going to take action on this?

thanks

i agree with you top trader , this and the short hours for the fx 1pip spread puts me off ( trade stocks through cmc at mo)

" so what ? I cant find any examples from your side concerning "short term trades" "

If you want to give away points pssonice then go ahead,you obviously don't need them but I would bet that the majority of spreadbetters especially short term traders would.