World Cup 2014

Please explain how that system works ?

After the group stages, the markets settle as follows.

1st - 25 points
2nd - 10 points
3rd - 5 points
4th - 0 points

So if Croatia finish 2nd. I'm up 2 points.

Looks like the Ozzies are in for drubbing tonight - double figures maybe ?

Attachments

• World Cup.PNG
    World Cup.PNG
    79.7 KB · Views: 157
Good try by the Ossies

Dare we hope for an England win ?

Attachments

• World Cup.PNG
    World Cup.PNG
    75.1 KB · Views: 139
. . .Dare we hope for an England win ?
Whoever takes their lead from the Chileans will win, IMO. I imagine the Uruguay team are better placed to do that than we are. Sorry to say it, but I think we're going the same way as the Spaniards tonight!
Tim.

Uruguay don't play attacking football like Chile and don't have the class of England across the pitch. IMO
They should sit back and allow England to take the game to them.
England should score goals today, defence on the break is the worry.

Australia missed chances cost.
Couple of funny ads from two world cups ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a very poor performance.

From someone looking outside an English and Aussie fan
England got some great young players but can not see things getter better.
EPL is a problem, more English players need to play in overseas leagues.
Most of the teams getting better, now have players playing all over the world.
And there own leagues set up now with most of the players coming from there country.
Also countries take every age level more serious than England and look at Futsal and Olympic football on building a better national team.

Strange how Rooney with all his talent just misses all the time ! Just over the bar, just inches to one side ?? Is it a psychological hang up or something else ?

They did their best but just not good enough again ! I seem to remember they only just qualified for Rio so perhaps we shouldn't be so surprised.

Let's hope for an improvement for next time. Competing is the thing, winning is just the creme on the top.

Strange how Rooney with all his talent just misses all the time ! Just over the bar, just inches to one side ?? Is it a psychological hang up or something else ?

They did their best but just not good enough again ! I seem to remember they only just qualified for Rio so perhaps we shouldn't be so surprised.

Let's hope for an improvement for next time. Competing is the thing, winning is just the creme on the top.

just like trading .....................its all about Execution...........near misses cost you money and you ultimately lose :cool:

N

As we bravely brush that small tear from our eyes, let's see what we have for today.

Attachments

• World Cup.PNG
    World Cup.PNG
    69.7 KB · Views: 173
We couldn't contain a 75% fit Suarez.
We didn't really attempt to break them down until we were a goal down (as usual).
Sub par performances from too many players.
People talk about how great the premier league is, but it's great because of the brilliant foreign players we have!
We still feel behind the curve to me. Watch some of the other countries play, and some of them only have 1 player you'd have heard of, but as a team their football is far superior.
Big job to be done.

Still, Italy will help us out and we'll win the world cup in a few weeks....