Work experience?

jazze

Hi guys,

I've just graduated from uni (BSc in Pharmacology) and would love some work experience. Anything at all. I think I'd like a career in finance, but I'd love to shadow someone for a day or two just to get a feel for things.

Does anyone have any advice about where to go for this? I'm currently writing off to different firms, chasing down family friends etc, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'd also be very keen just to watch someone trading and learn a thing or two. I'm based in Kent but wouldn't mind travelling.

I hope ive posted this in the right place!

Thanks,

Omar

First of all it's the wrong place, secondly, why the hell did you do pharmacology if you wanted a career in finance lol?

If I were you I'd write off to firms who do pharma research and look for entry level stuff.

I don't work in finance though so what do I know? :)

Good luck.

PS have a look at student2trader

First of all it's the wrong place, secondly, why the hell did you do pharmacology if you wanted a career in finance lol?

If I were you I'd write off to firms who do pharma research and look for entry level stuff.

I don't work in finance though so what do I know? :)

Good luck.

PS have a look at student2trader

Thanks, I'll do both of those things! I did pharmacology because at the time I had no clue what I wanted to do and it was an interesting subject. Plus apparently 50% of pharm grads go into finance anyway!

If you understand the drug industry then follow FDA announcements of new drugs being approved. A lot of the companies are quoted on the nasdaq and have options trading. implied volality is at nose bleed levels before the FDA announces.

Look quants is certainly a bonus in this industry and yes I do have quants in my office but I also have engineers, a guy with a BA degree and a Lawyer.

How i became a prop trader? I networked like crazy! I made use of linkedIn and went to events hosted by the Johannesburg stock exchange. I also did all my stock exchange exams offered by the South African Institution of Financial Markets and finished the Certified Hedge Fund Professional designation.

By the time i came out of university i had several firms asking me to work for them and i got the pick of the litter. It’s all about timing. You need to become a people’s person as well as develop a great track record. Make a website or open a company as a student job.

But that's just my Story...

Hello, all. I have a little other question - i'm looking for copywriter I think such great resource like Trade2Win must have somebody like this.

I will be grateful much if somebody will show me needed part (or thread) where i can ask (and discuss) Community about such near-forex job. Thanks a lot.

PS my direct mail is: 0901 mail 2012 gmail.com (add there @ before gmail and spaces) Thanks a lot

Also i think you should be applying for finance jobs too and keep your fingers crossed.you never can tell what will happen