Winners Win - discuss

There is nothing natural about the way winning traders think, at least in the American culture (I am American). In fact, you have to debug your mental programming to become a winner.

But this brings up a point that I think most people overlook. The American culture is different from the Asian culture, and the Asian culture is different from the European culture. Fact of the matter is, we all have different cultural influences that shape our thinking.

So, when we talk about how winners think, we need to be segregating the subject by culture. This consideration has become important because of the world-wide constituency of the trading community.

Just my two cents. ;)

Interesting topic. The psychology of the winner provides the special point of view. It's all about self-confidence and desire for success. But all these thing are definitely not about the market. Self-confidence can help in struggling with fear while you trading, but calm head will be always on the top. I believe the hero of the trading is not such a 'winner', but rather a nerd, who likes math and system analyses.