Why Members Get Banned

"There is no need to take it personally" ....and theirin lies the problem , some people can't do this ..responses even when not directed at them specifically get interpreted by them as 'personally' applicable to them ...it's egotistical self centred behaviour ...in a sentence..grow up and move on ..by the time you are old enough to inhabit places like this you might reasonably be expected to have outgrown the children's playground mentality ...zero sympathy ;) ...LOL I'm done

Quite a good number of banned members recently , is there a crackdown on ? ...at this rate there will be nobody left to argue with ! :eek:

Off topic, but talk of missing members remined me of the fact that FTSEBeater and Chartman have
not posted on this board for a long time now (about six months). They dont seem to have been banned but arent posting here anymore?? Seemed to have gone the same way as Skimbleskanks.

rossored said:
Well put JO.

TheBramble will NOT be returning. The reasons for his ban have been stated in full and they're quite clear.
He does not appear as 'banned' any more.
Any particular reason why?

JumpOff said:
If you are going to be a member of T2w, it would be a good idea to prepare yourself for the fact that some of your posts may be edited or deleted on occasion.
JO

And whole threads? There was an extensive thread entitled Argus Global Equities (or similar) which possibly needed merging with Boiler Room Scams but appears to have been simply deleted completely. The outfit seems to be still around, so why not the thread?

pete

If on a BB you upset a Moderator and/or the site owner you can get banned. Likewise if you speak or speak too often or harshly against their interests, you can get banned. Its not about fairness; its the way of the world.

As to the generality of what is allowed, if you stop the fireworks that from time to time occur between posters the whole BB can become a little tedious. Now if you come down hard and kill all the bright spots then the site owner gets the answer in the level of traffic. Also if you chop out the sparkiest posters you can also possibly find that the BB becomes dominated by a few puffed up bores.

However the above are just general remarks. I don't have to do the running of this or any other BB.
:)

badtrader said:
Is there a current list who and why,how many got banned this year?
Now you want to be careful, dare I say prudent, badtrader, because this is how RUDEBOY started, by asking impertinent questions and then going on say naughty things and so on, and look what happened to him.

But I very much admire your ideas about simplicity.

It is not necessary to complicate simplicity. I think under the circumstances it would be helpful if you would do your best instead to simplify what is already potentially getting complicated. I also consider your current location not to be a wise choice either.

The above is offered as kind advice I hope you will take and thus avoid the perils of warranted vapourisation that threaten members who do not behave in a proper manner.

SOCRATES said:
Now you want to be careful, dare I say prudent, badtrader, because this is how RUDEBOY started, by asking impertinent questions and then going on say naughty things and so on, and look what happened to him.

But I very much admire your ideas about simplicity.

It is not necessary to complicate simplicity. I think under the circumstances it would be helpful if you would do your best instead to simplify what is already potentially getting complicated. I also consider your current location not to be a wise choice either.

The above is offered as kind advice I hope you will take and thus avoid the perils of warranted vapourisation that threaten members who do not behave in a proper manner.

I thought everyone has the right to freedom of speach. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.

:rolleyes:

badtrader said:
I thought everyone has the right to freedom of speach. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.

:rolleyes:
Yes, I must admit you are right, badtrader. However allow me to explain further because I don't like you getting upset. I am sure what I wil expand on to follow, will help you.

You see, the English Language is blessed with a very rich tapestry of meaning because it is a language that can be manipulated in its use to convey all sorts of complex ideas not necessarily by what is said but what is meant by it, that is by implication. This can be very dangerous because it can lead to misunderstandings. Entire professions are constructed around this concept alone. Some examples include law, tax consultancy, media, politics, etc.,

Another very important feature to consider is that the English Language is concise. If you read an article in an English Language Newspaper for example a very complex topic can be comprehensively and effectively be dealt with very economically using much fewer sentences and paragraphs than would normally be possible in other languages.

Another feature is that this economy of use is further enhanced by the same word having different meanings depending upon the context in which it is used.

So the English Language has unlimited potential of use not only because of the features I mention above but also because of its universality of use worldwide, and this universality further enriches it by bringing to it further phrases, words, names and definitions that are not part of its original structure to the extent of the adoption and inclusion of foreign lilngusitic structures.

It is in terms of communication potential, unique.

This implies that care must be taken in its use, because any sentence can be caused to mean different ideas and consequently different conclusions to be derived, as an effect. I am frequently on these boards accused of being "a wordsmith" because I do not pass by the slightest opportunity to avail myself of these benefits the use of language (the English Language, that is) so freely and beneficially carries.

But the benefit of the use of language in this way has to be used prudently and with care.

A case in point is that the most outrageous things can be said and meant but presented in such a way that they will hit the target but still be able to pass undetected under the radar of the thought police.

This benefit is impossible in any other language except by use of suggestion or innuendo, but in the English Language it is not necessary. For example it can be used cynically but appear funny. It can be used satirically whilst appearing deadpan. It can be used to be extremely rude, politely. There is a whole myriad of use you can explore and use effectively without putting you yourself at risk.

Given these circumstances and opportunities it would be a waste to misuse the language in such a way as to cause overt offence. It is far more powerful to do the opposite, which is the point I am making.

It is therefore not necessary to blurt things. It is much better to subtly infer. It is far more effective overall.

If you are able to develop and concentrate your skill in the use of language in this way you can then fully exert your right to freedom of speech and freedom to hold opinions and to recieve and impart information and ideas without interference of any sort by any public authority and regardless of frontiers because of the way it is delivered irrespective of what is delivered and thus because of its use disconnected from its meaning it succeeds in effectively ducking the wire, which is what you ought to be doing, and not the opposite.

I have been accused in the past by some wag on this website of being a moderator's nightmare. What I say will never give anybody any nightmares, but if you are able to construct concepts that are outside the range of tangible censorship by not causing overt offence then that is perfectly acceptable and reasonable.

The moderators on balance are very patient and perform very well on this site. They have a lot to put up with. In fact I consider them to be exceptionally lenient. Not so long ago, the sort of expletives and vernacular frequently encountered would never have been tolerated. I consider it unnecessary and in very bad taste, but that is only my own opinion.

So, in consequence of employing the use of language you are now free to be able to express what needs to be said without offending anybody.

The members who have been banned on this website deserve radical and irrevocable banishment in my view. This banishment is well deserved. This is because they have clumsily contravened the website guidelines.

Some have been threatening, or obscene, or rude, or aggressive, or have simply succeeded in incurring the displeasure of their elders and betters, and in consequence are obligated to pay the penalty.

Geeze Soc I thought the Sunday times was a heavy read but you got that licked I hope Pauls got plenty of server space :))

Soc,
I fink your posts are brill!! :cool:
I also fink youve been blessed wiv the gift of wisdom and most people are obviously envious of that. :LOL:
I also fink that WIVOUT your posts there will be LESS viewers and this forum less interesting! :cool: :LOL:
So keep the posts coming young master! :cool: :cool:

Just wondering? how many hours do U sleep? cause your last post was at 3am :cool:

Bull

[email protected]

I presume RUDEBOY was banned for posting a series of posts when he must have been pi$$ed. If he was sober, then he has no excuse. Not sure why people spend their weekend exchanging insults and I don't think it improves the quality of this site.

"I thought everyone has the right to freedom of speach. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers." ....you must be kidding aren't you ;)

I won't give you an historical analysis on on the why's and wherefore's of the above ,because I would still be here next week finishing it off ..LOL ...suffice to say I know you must be under the age of 40 ! LOL or you've led a very sheltered life .....nothing personal intended.

Bigbusiness said:
I presume RUDEBOY was banned for posting a series of posts when he must have been pi$$ed. If he was sober, then he has no excuse. Not sure why people spend their weekend exchanging insults and I don't think it improves the quality of this site.
==================================================================
BB,
I got got several warnings for using the following words and for using CAPITAL LETTERS:

fool, eddiot, monkeys, NO, YES, brains in wrong place etc and for expressing my honest oppinions.
Banned once for 3 weeks, i am now just inches away for the second ban. I fink the second ban will be a permanent one. :LOL: :cheesy: and i was never pi$$ed :rolleyes: :cheesy:

Now i make a mixture of honest oppinions wiv some NOT so honest , just to keep admin sweet! :LOL: :cool: as a 100 % honest oppinions get me in hot waters wiv admin :LOL: :cool:

bull

[email protected]

Last edited:
If you do get banned and have some spare time on your hands you may want to enlist the aid of a shrink to work through those honest opinions. You can afford it bull :)

Kiwi said:
If you do get banned and have some spare time on your hands you may want to enlist the aid of a shrink to work through those honest opinions. You can afford it bull :)
================================================================

Hello Kiwi,

How are U on this lovely Sunday afternoon or is it the early morning hours of down under? :cool: should you not be in bed and get your rest for work in a few hours time? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanx 4 the advice/opinions! much appreciated! :LOL: :cheesy:
Just a little reminder/warning NOT all my opinions are honest anymore!! So i hope you are smart to tell the difference between honest and NOT so honest opinions! :cheesy: :LOL:

Bull

Last edited:
Who listens to who and what.

DoubleSix said:
Socrates : :LOL:

"Tony Blair listens to Gordon Brown"

insert the word "only" at the place of your choice.
Yes, only I don't listen to either of them. It is enough to have to hear them from time to time.