Why Members Get Banned

Search4Truth said:
Isnt this a bit unfair? Are you saying that it is OK to slag off other members when they have no ability to reply but that you wouldnt dare do so if they could reply? The best course of action may be to not slag off anyone?

S4T

Actually, and more to the point, is that a website such as this one offers anonymity to members.

This anonymity is persistently abused by a few who go out of their way to be nasty agressive and rude to complete strangers. Then they complain when the responses they get are stinging.

They woudl think twice about saying the things they are apt to blurt out if instead of hiding behind a nick, they said it face to face, for real.

I am accused of a lot of things, but follow my posts and you will see how there is an unruly element dedicated to disrupting interesting and constructive discussions in which they have nothing to contribute except inconsequential, inept, ill considered, irrelevant, provocative throwaway comments.

Also I will comment, that I adore the English Language, because it lends itself perfectly to delivering these stinging responses, as it is the only language in which this kind of provocation can be responded to effectively, by responding with deadly effect and being extrememly rude, politely.:LOL:

Bulldozer was one of the better contributors on these boards and he will be sorely missed. But like other knowledgeable ex members that have passed before, inept members will attempt to step into the breach. Courtesy would not be too much to ask for when members that have vast knowledge and experience are prepared to share with others without seeking financial reward.

Not to worry, the membership will be fully satisfied when the ayes hold sway in every debate.

LION63 said:
Bulldozer was one of the better contributors on these boards and he will be sorely missed. But like other knowledgeable ex members that have passed before, inept members will attempt to step into the breach. Courtesy would not be too much to ask for when members that have vast knowledge and experience are prepared to share with others without seeking financial reward.

Not to worry, the membership will be fully satisfied when the ayes hold sway in every debate.

I agreed with a lot of what bulldozer was saying about options but I don't think people should get away with abusing others on this site. Perhaps he should have his own website, like this one :)

www.citybulls.proboards50.com/index.cgi

LION63 said:

And a Good Afternoon to You Sir,

I quite agree with your sentiment.

Additionally I would add that one has to disregard the majority popular opinion for the simple reason it very nearly always wrong.

It is nearly always wrong simply because it is the majority popular opinion and nothing else.

The majority popular opinion is popular because the majority are not privy to that which the selected few are privy.

For this reason, what is bandied about as a majority popular opinion additionally has an element of Farce added to it.

What is more, within this farcical behaviour is contained an element of DRAMATIC IRONY.

For the benefit of members who do not know what this is I will explain it:~

Dramatic Irony is a device used in theatre to create tension. It involves the idea of several people being present when within the group a few are having, in parallel a secret joke to which the others are not privy. The background to Dramatic Irony is not so important, but further piquancy is added when the background contains elements of Farce added tp the scene by unaware and blundering actors. I am not going on to explain the element of Farce as this should be perfectly obvious.

Very Kind Regards To You LION 63.

Dear Socrates,

The greatest irony of all is that the Real Traders are being replaced by the Paper Traders and Backtesters or those that want to start trading with capital of less than £250. Yet these individuals post as if they know what they are talking about, are very rude and disrespectful and in some cases, lack decency.

Some of the recent questions are so lamentable that the posters should be banned for their stupidity. Yet their numbers swell at an alarming rate. When someone tries to explain the basics to them or points them in the right direction, along comes the Master Papertrader with foolish advice and rude remarks. Worse still, the equally inept cheer from the rafters and thus, the mediocrity gathers pace.

LION63 said:
Dear Socrates,

The greatest irony of all is that the Real Traders are being replaced by the Paper Traders and Backtesters or those that want to start trading with capital of less than £250. Yet these individuals post as if they know what they are talking about, are very rude and disrespectful and in some cases, lack decency.

Some of the recent questions are so lamentable that the posters should be banned for their stupidity. Yet their numbers swell at an alarming rate. When someone tries to explain the basics to them or points them in the right direction, along comes the Master Papertrader with foolish advice and rude remarks. Worse still, the equally inept cheer from the rafters and thus, the mediocrity gathers pace.
And what is funnier still is that in the end, none of them gain or learn anything ! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

SOCRATES said:
And what is funnier still is that in the end, none of them gain or learn anything ! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Can the blind lead the blind?

Why is it that only 5 - 10% make money in the financial markets? The others lack knowledge or the will/ability to acquire it.

LION63 said:
Can the blind lead the blind?

Why is it that only 5 - 10% make money in the financial markets? The others lack knowledge or the will/ability to acquire it.
If you want to have a chuckle to yourself see my latest posting on the thread "Where is the Dow heading ? All of it is obvious, a doddle.
:cool:

Dear Socrates,

One of the problems encountered by the more knowledgeable members on these boards is that they allow themselves to be dragged into frivolous arguments and debates with those that live in strange worlds. They are best ignored and avoided as they have difficulty in tying their own shoelaces.

Below is a quote made by a Senior Member on another thread (there is no need to reveal the esteemed member's identity), suffice to say that the deck has a card missing.

"I have no position on the Dow at the mo my thinking is that it will wait for the UK etc to close then pop n drop not too far mind 65 points will do before a turn"

When engaging in debates with like minded people, tempers are likely to get frayed and ultimately insults are traded. In the end, the likes of Ducatti & Bulldozer get banned.

LION, I agree.

Wait half an hour and look again, and I would not be surprised if the target of 10, 688 gets hit by then.

Have a look, just for fun ! :cool:

LION,

Good to see you posting again.

Ducati998 has not been banned, to my knowledge. I think he's simply stopped posting for reasons of his own.

As for bulldozer, imho he did rather more than allow himself to be dragged into the occasional argument.

In many cases he provoked them himself in response to quite reasonable technical questions about his options trading. Whether these questions were secretly designed to try and steal his edge or not is irrelevant, as bulldozer was free to answer them in a civil manner without revealing it. This is a discussion board after all, one expects the occasional question. Towards the end of the "Keeping track of deltas" thread he littered his posts with insults, aggression and religious references (the latter posts containing almost nothing about options) and finally asked specifically that we ban him in a rude response to some housekeeping I performed. I can show you a sample of the 150 posts that I deleted if you wish, some of them really aren't very pretty. Believe me, he was allowed a fair amount of leeway before any action was taken. Even if someone is the best trader in the world, if they continually refuse to be civil, they are not welcome here. Others might like to take note of this too.

Given the recent spate of unusual activity, I'm beginning to think that zero tolerance is a favourable option, but of course I'll probably be accused of allowing the power going to my head, instead of using desperate measures to try to save one or two of the remaining decent discussions on this site before they are all ruined by wanton bickering.

Kind regards,

Frugi

Frugi,

Many thanks for your detailed response to my posts about members being banned.

There is no need to show me any of the posts that were deleted because I saw a good proportion of them, including the one where Bulldozer asked to be banned. Unfortunately, he did allow himself to get drawn into rash arguments that had little or nothing to do with trading, but we all handle things differently. It is most regrettable that he did not handle things in a more diplomatic manner but that is the Maltese Bull for you.

Sharky told me that Ducatti998 had been permanently banned. Nobody was aware of this at the time, the problem was simply that he could not access the site and so I sought to find out the problem. He is still unaware of the reasons behind his ban.

Finally, there are many members on these boards that seek to insult others without just cause, this is unacceptable especially as most of the culprits do not contribute to the discussions in any positive manner. There must be a way to reduce this unbecoming behaviour.

Below is a quote made by a Senior Member on another thread (there is no need to reveal the esteemed member's identity), suffice to say that the deck has a card missing.

That may be but I bet he has a shed load of money to buy some more

Sharky told me that Ducatti998 had been permanently banned. Nobody was aware of this at the time, the problem was simply that he could not access the site and so I sought to find out the problem. He is still unaware of the reasons behind his ban.

How odd. He is not flagged as banned in any of the admin control panels. Possibly there has been a mistake somewhere: I will look into it over the weekend.

Search4Truth said:
Isnt this a bit unfair? Are you saying that it is OK to slag off other members when they have no ability to reply but that you wouldnt dare do so if they could reply? The best course of action may be to not slag off anyone?

S4T

My post in it's entirety is very clear.....read it again.....and while your at it, check to see WHO has been slagging WHO off .....AFTER they have been banned !

If I have something to say, then I will say it.... simple as that really.