Why educate, teach or coach your strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting weird now, he's just swearing blind that black is white. Somebody sent a PM a while back, saying that in their opinion he was genuinely deluded because he had a burning desire to succeed at something, and this left him practically incapable of accepting criticism.

I don't know, but it would explain a lot.

i dunno, i reckon howard comes from a sleepy little town in the middle of nowhere, where hes probably one of the smartest guys around (the difference between him and the people he hangs about with that is they tell him he's wrong then they are just gobldegooked into submission).

so howard spent a bit of time learning about options and then came onto the internet to talk about it with other traders. in the beginning obviously he was reluctant to just give up on the work that he had done but we havepassed that point now. his attempts gobldegooking us have been caught out and he's got nothing left.

you know one funny thing that people do when they are introduced into new people is that they make an impression of themselves and then are consistent with it. so like if you want someone to do something for you, but dont want to ask them directly, make them say something that would be consistent with what you want them to do and then ask them - they won't want to go back on what they said earlier. its like a sales trick.

thats a bit what we've got here - hes backed himself into a corner and cant gobldegook his way out of it. deep down he probably knows it too but doesnt want to go back on what he said earlier.

reminds me of that scene from cool hand luke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o&feature=related

He's Gordon Brown in disguise. There's something vaguely psychopathic about it, is that the right term?

(PM = prime minister??)

If the hint was for the yank (me), not to worry. I actually know who Gordon Brown is. I do admit not to be intimate with his politics.

DR,

I was wondering when someone would get my not-so-veiled reference to that classic movie. Do you know which of the two released versions you got that from? One of the guys I hired did a paper on that movie in college.

You don't get the point of the Linus Pauling comment? Evidence of a communication breakdown as I was responding to your comment in a non-threatening way. Oh well, I'll have to try a different tack.

You don't like my use of humor or analogy to illustrate where I disagree and maintain that I am unresponsive. For once, you render me speechless.
I got it, Howard, although I am not really sure I understand your use of "non-threatening". I also appreciate humor and analogy just fine and yes, you're unresponsive. There have been several questions/points that you simply refuse to address, hence the "unresponsive" bit.
Your knowledge of options prevents me from giving up on you in spite of your limitations in communicating with me. It disappoints me that this post is primarily a "say it louder" post rather than a "say it differently" post. Only because I respect you will I try to find the time to review our dialogues to respond more in your frame of reference rather than ask you to communicate in mine. Even if it violates everything I know about teaching. I guess my desire to learn overcomes my compulsion to be a pedant on teaching method.
Noooooooo, Howard, please don't give up on me, please. I don't know what I'll do with/to myself. Please give me a chance to overcome my limitations that prevent me from being able to comprehend you! Please, I swear I won't disappoint you again. I don't want to lose your respect! I hope you will find the time in your busy schedule to descend to my lowly frame of reference. I know it's inconvenient for you to leave your lofty musings behind, but just think of the boost to your ego when the shining light of your intellect finally disperses the dark clouds of my ignorance.
You have offered to perform a test that would either completely debunk or at least not invalidate (confirm is too much to expect of back testing) most of what I advocate. You recall that I offered to help in any way I could because I wanted to know if I messed up. If your test proves that I messed up in my back test analysis, that would go a long way to convincing me that I should reconsider my trading approach and my plans to teach it.
Howard, I have been busy. I have a job that consumes quite a lot of my time and energy, especially of late. I haven't been able to re-examine the backtest. Note, however, that our discussion here has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the backtest and the viability of your strategy. My point about your suitability as an instructor (that is, lack thereof) stands on its own merit, regardless of that of you strategy.

Howard, I have been busy. I have a job that consumes quite a lot of my time and energy, especially of late. I haven't been able to re-examine the backtest. Note, however, that our discussion here has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the backtest and the viability of your strategy. My point about your suitability as an instructor (that is, lack thereof) stands on its own merit, regardless of that of you strategy.

Mostly your post made me laugh heartily. Parodying me was the best in the thread so far. Mostly restored my humor here.

We have both been pretty busy. You haven't had the time to do the test you offered to do. I haven't had the time to revisit your posts to see why my view of my responsiveness is 180 deg out of phase with yours. Yet we both take time to post here. I don't know your prowess in writing, but my limitations require me to rewrite my posts two or three times before submitting.

Your last paragraph does, however, puzzle me and may be the source of my conviction you have not successfully made your case. You seem to be saying that the back test (even if verified by you), paper trading experience, small money trading experience and serious money trading experience will never make me qualified to teach. Only a "traditional" options education may suffice. You need to try to connect the dots (perhaps again) for me to get it.

Howie, you really have lost the plot. Are you reading the same posts as everyone else?

There was nothing in his post that you should have been laughing at.

And your last paragraph misses the point so spectacularly, I would struggle to begin to explain things to you.

Mostly your post made me laugh heartily. Parodying me was the best in the thread so far. Mostly restored my humor here.

We have both been pretty busy. You haven't had the time to do the test you offered to do. I haven't had the time to revisit your posts to see why my view of my responsiveness is 180 deg out of phase with yours. Yet we both take time to post here. I don't know your prowess in writing, but my limitations require me to rewrite my posts two or three times before submitting.

Your last paragraph does, however, puzzle me and may be the source of my conviction you have not successfully made your case. You seem to be saying that the back test (even if verified by you), paper trading experience, small money trading experience and serious money trading experience will never make me qualified to teach. Only a "traditional" options education may suffice. You need to try to connect the dots (perhaps again) for me to get it.

I think it all depends on the level of your success and how you define that. I agree there are traders that have mediocre strategies that have leave them in profit overall but nothing to get too excited about. It could be understandable if he decided to supplement his income by running some courses.

But the chances of his students becoming as successful purely on the basis of what he has taught them...fairly slim I would say.

Now if on the other hand you trade off a yacht or while relaxing on the beach, with a few hot babes beside you, in a five star hotel, on a private island, with Gucci trunks, wearing a water proof Patek Philippe watch , butler standing next to you serving Pina Coladas .........like I do .....then teaching others may not appeal to you.

Sorry a quick correction......

I think it all depends on the level of your success and how you define that. I agree there are traders that have mediocre strategies that have leave them in profit overall but nothing to get too excited about. It could be understandable if he decided to supplement his income by running some courses.

But the chances of his students becoming as successful purely on the basis of what he has taught them...fairly slim I would say.

Now if on the other hand you trade off a yacht or while relaxing on the beach, with a few hot babes beside you, in a five star hotel, on a private island, with Gucci trunks, wearing a water proof Patek Philippe watch , butler standing next to you serving Pina Coladas .........like I dream of doing .....then teaching others may not appeal to you.

Got caught up in daydreaming for a while.

Sorry to all those who were momentarily shocked.:cheesy:;)

Now if on the other hand you trade off a yacht or while relaxing on the beach, with a few hot babes beside you, in a five star hotel, on a private island, with Gucci trunks, wearing a water proof Patek Philippe watch , butler standing next to you serving Pina Coladas .........like I do .....then teaching others may not appeal to you.

Congratulations.

I have no desire to live your life style, but that is irrelevant to my admiration of your success.

sorry but if we are gonna be talking about guns and roses then it has to be this song that is most appropriate here.

let's not go on about it too much dash... I got an ounce of we know what literally lying around, been a month since taken any of it, and I supposed to be going to bed soon.... but all this music is tempting me.... tempting me.... tempting me dude...

Slash was born in Stoke, believe it or not. I read his biography a year or so back, he was one crazy ass mutha. Dash, care to cook up some lyrics to Sweet Child o' Mine? How about

He's got a vol smile that seems to me
Reminds me of childish strategies
Where everything
Expired without difficult - y .....

Agbghggghghghghhgghgh this is so hard to listen to i been almost 2 weeks without metal in real life and i need ****ign medtalllll

iu love metallll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agbghggghghghghhgghgh this is so hard to listen to i been almost 2 weeks without metal in real life and i need ****ign medtalllll

iu love metallll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give in, you know you want to.

banana093.gif
banana124.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cABZfkRcQ6A

Slash was born in Stoke, believe it or not. I read his biography a year or so back, he was one crazy ass mutha. Dash, care to cook up some lyrics to Sweet Child o' Mine? How about

He's got a vol smile that seems to me
Reminds me of childish strategies
Where everything
Expired without difficult - y .....

LULZ. Lyrics, very good.

But Slash was born in London, and grew up in Stoke. Very bad Mean, very bad.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.