Why do you not trade using news?

You can trade the news ,but you do it either anticipating it ,or leaving it well alone if in doubt .That's why we have the saying buy the rumour, sell the news, as often preceding price action anticipated the general reaction ;) ..yes, I know trade what you see ..LOL and get whipped to death ;)

Not suggesting you can't trade news, folk can trade anyway they want, lose money in any method, makes no odds to me. IMHO trading on the strength of 'news' is for chumps. You mention trading on rumours, that's an entirely different concept which isn't just about news. Overall just can't see the point TBH, I see 'news trading' as excuses, lazy trading for clueless traders.:)

U- Can-DOO-Better

Not suggesting you can't trade news, folk can trade anyway they want, lose money in any method, makes no odds to me. IMHO trading on the strength of 'news' is for chumps. You mention trading on rumours, that's an entirely different concept which isn't just about news. Overall just can't see the point TBH, I see 'news trading' as excuses, lazy trading for clueless traders.:)

u-r -a senior member....is this a joke?

[/B Ok, I get it now. You can become a senior member if you post a lot...& talk about yourself.

"Trade what you see ,not what you think"
Very pithy.

But for those members who need a little more than guru-talk, you'll perhaps need to do more than just quote your sig.

It's a great line, don't get me wrong. But we've got a full house of those who can talk the talk.

It would be cool ,and somewhat unusual to find someone who could translate that into something specifically germaine to the topic under discussion.

Very pithy.

But for those members who need a little more than guru-talk, you'll perhaps need to do more than just quote your sig.

It's a great line, don't get me wrong. But we've got a full house of those who can talk the talk.

It would be cool ,and somewhat unusual to find someone who could translate that into something specifically germaine to the topic under discussion.

I'd like to see some examples from posters/forumites of specifically trading the news. We get the Beano every Wed morning, about 7.30, half an hour before London opens, just need to know where to look for the signs...:whistling

Very pithy.

You just made my day,with 4969 Thank you.

OK, here is a freebee 4 u all........BUY, TRN
Be nice to know how a company laying off a couple hundred more staff, just about to drop a lawsuit that would have helped cover some of its hazardous materials site cleanup costs and at the end of its meeting its order book backlog is a viable buy.

Personally I trade from a macro/fundamental perspective (not to be confused with scalping data releases), and don't pay much attention to charts at all, other than being aware that the big picture techy indicators (e.g. fib levels, RSI) can tend to be self-fulfilling prophecies with so many people out there relying on what seems to me like voodoo. Probably leads to higher blood pressure in the long run mind :LOL:, but I've been happily at it about 10 years and I haven't had my heart attack yet.

If I was pushed hard I'd say some people rely solely on charts as they don't have the knowledge or experience to reliably interpret news and data across a variety of (or even a single) asset classes. That's not a criticism of anyone in particular (and certainly not technical traders as a whole), as everybody has a different grounding and many people looking to this forum for advice won't have worked in the markets.

At the end of the day you makes your money how you makes your money, and the best of luck to you, but anybody making blanket statements like 'ignore the news' is giving very poor advice, and I'd run a mile from anything else they tried to tell me.

I have seen many times posters on this forum that trading with
the news is a no go zone. But why? Surely the current news, economic data, current affairs etc do make a big difference and ignoring them is a big mistake. At the end of the day all your trend lines, support levels and what not are just showing you supply and demand, they are not giving you a reason why it is at that price.. and yet you may have a trade that is going well and some news breaks and completely reverses the price and ruins it..

So why do so many choose to ignore it?

Personally I trade from a macro/fundamental perspective (not to be confused with scalping data releases), and don't pay much attention to charts at all, other than being aware that the big picture techy indicators (e.g. fib levels, RSI) can tend to be self-fulfilling prophecies with so many people out there relying on what seems to me like voodoo. Probably leads to higher blood pressure in the long run mind :LOL:, but I've been happily at it about 10 years and I haven't had my heart attack yet.
If I was pushed hard I'd say some people rely solely on charts as they don't have the knowledge or experience to reliably interpret news and data across a variety of (or even a single) asset classes. That's not a criticism of anyone in particular (and certainly not technical traders as a whole), as everybody has a different grounding and many people looking to this forum for advice won't have worked in the markets.

At the end of the day you makes your money how you makes your money, and the best of luck to you, but anybody making blanket statements like 'ignore the news' is giving very poor advice, and I'd run a mile from anything else they tried to tell me.

Are you a trader or investor?

Be nice to know how a company laying off a couple hundred more staff, just about to drop a lawsuit that would have helped cover some of its hazardous materials site cleanup costs and at the end of its meeting its order book backlog is a viable buy.

I don't care about all that,I'm in this to make money.Just look at the chart,it's a buy.