Why aren't all genius's rich?

I feel sure that the genius Einstein enjoyed a happy life, pottering around a Ivy League Uni towards the end of his days. Did he need millions to flash about ? I don't think so.

Capitalists usually equate success with wealth, but it's not always true. Did the great artists or poets get wealthy ? Not usually.

Good point and for many excess money only brings problems especially if you're materialistic.

Plenty of very clever people in Oxford and Cambridge earning not so much but living a great life.

Mo' money mo' problems:cool:

I don't see why not. If that's the case why wouldn't someone considered to be a genius be able to rake in the dough playing it.

They can normally figure out how to win any other game I would think if playing against non-genius-level people.

So why don't they just figure a way to win at the trading game & become filthy rich? Is there something that makes the trading game different?

Why aren't all genius's rich? == Why aren't all poor people stupid?

A=B=C

Rich = Genius
Poor = Stupid

Anyone who thinks like this "I THINK" is rich and stupid... :smart:

Define genius.

I know people I think of as geniuses (sp?) who haven't achieved anything, aren't happy etc, and I know people who have gone to oxbridge, who are completely inept at most of life. Achievement is a lot easy with hard work than talent, if I could sacrifice half my talent to work twice at hard at everything I'd do it in a heartbeat.

So why don't they just figure a way to win at the trading game & become filthy rich? Is there something that makes the trading game different?

this is what i asked the business studies teacher, like if they know so much about business why aren't they out running a business instead of stuck in a room teaching kids, there was no answer

Mo' money mo' problems:cool:

I'm old enough to know that No money mo' problems.

Enough wealth is essential for a good life. You can argue with me as much as you like about the best way to trade, but not about that point!

No money = misery. It is best to "pop off" with some left over for the rest, but that is because there must, always, be enough to last in case we don't go on schedule.

I'm old enough to know that No money mo' problems.

Enough wealth is essential for a good life. You can argue with me as much as you like about the best way to trade, but not about that point!

No money = misery. It is best to "pop off" with some left over for the rest, but that is because there must, always, be enough to last in case we don't go on schedule.

Talking of inheritance and leaving things behind - I saw one of those funny stickers on the back of a car once. It read;

"Get even with your kids!

Live long enough to be burden on them :)"

Made me laugh at the time. However, having couple of my own and looking after dear ol mum - that sticker is not far off the truth... ;)

street smart > school smart

images

A study of Mensa members in the UK found that on average they earn't less money, had less sexual partners, had a higher rate of mental illness and died younger.

There is no correlation between what most people consider 'success' and what academics call 'IQ'

That's more of a correlation with idiot-losers willing to PAY MONEY to join a high IQ society (which all MENSA members have in common) than it does with their high IQ (another thing they have in common). Basically, most 'successful' geniuses don't seek the apparent validation behind joining some useless society.

For example, I have a 4.0 GPA right now, and I get all kinds of emails trying to get me to join the 'golden key society.' The last email they sent requested feedback, so I told them how useless their society is. That is, I don't need some fancy-named institution of idiots willing to pay $70 to represent my 4.0 GPA -- I have the 4.0 GPA to represent the 4.0 GPA. You see what I mean?

Last edited:
That's more of a correlation with idiot-losers willing to PAY MONEY to join a high IQ society (which all MENSA members have in common) than it does with their high IQ (another thing they have in common). Basically, most 'successful' geniuses don't seek the apparent validation behind joining some useless society.

For example, I have a 4.0 GPA right now, and I get all kinds of emails trying to get me to join the 'golden key society.' The last email they sent requested feedback, so I told them how useless their society is. That is, I don't need some fancy-named institution of idiots willing to pay $70 to represent my 4.0 GPA -- I have the 4.0 GPA to represent the 4.0 GPA. You see what I mean?

4.0 GPA and yet you can't figure out the spam filter? :clap:

You don't know the real geniuses. You just see clever people. All those mensa guys are clever but are way below the guys moving mental objects with their mind, talking to people with their mind and manipulating their body. Metal blades out of their hands and the ability to regenerate. Being able to control the weather and turn their eyes white. Those are the real geniuses.

You don't know the real geniuses. You just see clever people. All those mensa guys are clever but are way below the guys moving mental objects with their mind, talking to people with their mind and manipulating their body. Metal blades out of their hands and the ability to regenerate. Being able to control the weather and turn their eyes white. Those are the real geniuses.

Hahah - you mean H-men?

ehemm... H-ollywood

Last edited:

I see what you mean. It must be important for you to make sure everyone knows you have a 4.0 GPA because you said you have a 4.0 GPA at least four times so it appears as if you are proud of your 4.0 GPA...You do understand the purpose of Mensa don't you? It has nothing to do with seeking validation, idiot.

A lot of brilliant people are seriously lacking in other quarters. And others even in their own backyards when scrutinised a bit more closely. Did Einstein really come up with ALL the theories credited to him ? Probably not. I expect someone else put the basis of his theories to him, but sadly got no recognition. One could pick up a lot in the patents office. His father was a clockmaker and therefore interested in time. Once established and known world wide he never really achieved anything else of importance.

I am quite happy being a member of DENSA - doh

A lot of brilliant people are seriously lacking in other quarters. And others even in their own backyards when scrutinised a bit more closely. Did Einstein really come up with ALL the theories credited to him ? Probably not. I expect someone else put the basis of his theories to him, but sadly got no recognition. One could pick up a lot in the patents office. His father was a clockmaker and therefore interested in time. Once established and known world wide he never really achieved anything else of importance.

I am quite happy being a member of DENSA - doh

Perhaps genius's are smart enough to know that money doesnt mean happiness and being rich isn't important.

Einstein comes to mind, and more recently the Russian maths genius, Grigory Perelman who turned down a million dollar cash prize last year.

“Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.” ― Albert Einstein

“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life.
All that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.”
― Albert Einstein