Which Way Dow? Market Direction

Fyi, there are hundreds of other threads out there. Comparing yours with one is again proof of your selective bias which makes you ignore everything that doesn't confirm your own view.

The most popular threads can be viewed on the front page of trade2win, at the bottom under "Most Viewed Threads". I couldn't find this one in the top 10. And even if I were, popularity doesn't equate quality. In fact, it's usually the opposite.

Since you are not trading but only waffling, I doubt that will be much of a challenge.

No thanks, I'm done with this thread.

US Indices is the most popular section on T2W. Look at the veiws compared to other sections. The Which Way Dow thread is the most popular thread in that section. You are no good at maths. firewalker99 I guarantee you will be back after this post. Fibonacci rules of a ratio of 1.618 dictate that this will happen.

Last edited:
Holy Grail

Just found this below on the Dow 2008 thread page 197 from member dans_ya_man. It even mentions my name HOLY GRAIL. How spooky! What poor President Bush doesn’t realise yet is that I have the HOLY GRAIL. Oh dear Mr President Bush. Looks like the US economy is in a right mess. No doubt the rest of the world will catch your cold. Financial ARMAGEDDON is just round the corner. Enjoy the ride with Fibonacci rules of a ratio of 1.618.

I AM the the Da Vinci Code! The HOLY GRAIL.

The Da Vinci Code - Official Site

The Da Vinci Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thought this e-mail I recieved today might be of interest to some of you, have a butchers.

Investors may wonder how the market can possibly rally when the economy resembles a punch-drunk boxer hanging on the ropes. The answer is fairly simple: the big money is not betting on the economy it is betting on inflation.

The Fed is printing money as fast as it can — in order to save the banking system from annihilation. Nobody gets up off the canvas without assistance after taking a 1 trillion dollar sock on the jaw. While the Fed can provide liquidity, there is only one way to protect banks from falling asset prices which threaten to wipe out their reserves. That is to create inflation — to reverse the fall in asset prices.

Investors and financial markets response to low interest rates from the Fed is to borrow all that they can and invest in real assets in anticipation of rising prices. This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as demand for real assets exceeds supply, driving up prices.....and the next asset bubble is born.

The Fed does not mind, as investors mop up surplus money in the system and prevent it from flowing through to consumption — where it would affect consumer prices. Economists thought that they had found the HOLY GRAIL. They could stimulate the economy without any significant impact on consumer prices. Only to discover that it is a poison chalice. There is no quarantine fence around asset bubbles and eventually higher asset prices flow through to consumers. When average workers can no longer afford to buy their own home, upward pressure on wages starts to rise. And when asset bubbles burst, as they are prone to, causing severe shocks to the economy, the Fed's only available response is to..... you guessed it ....... print more money and start the next asset bubble. The ever-increasing shocks are eroding the ability of the economy to recover and grow in a stable, predictable environment.

So where is the next asset bubble likely to occur? With wounds from collapse of the housing bubble still fresh, there are only two viable alternatives: stocks and commodities.

Inflation targeting by central banks is a major cause of bubbles. Inflation targeting is based on CPI which is a poor measure of the loss of purchasing power of the dollar. Why have house prices doubled in the last 5 years if inflation is averaging between 2 and 3 percent? Not to mention gold, oil and most other commodities. By using CPI as a measure, the Fed responds to crises long after the real damage is caused. Ever tried to steer your car while looking through the rear window to see where you are going? No wonder the Fed crashes into the sidewalk every time they encounter a bend in the road.

If you believe this is all too complicated and best left to a bunch of academic economists and self-interested bankers to sort out, allow me to remind you that the definition of stupidity is to repeat the same action and expect a different result.

If you agree with this opinion, please share it with your friends and colleagues.

USA
The University of Michigan reported that consumer sentiment fell to 62.6, the lowest level since 1982.

Last edited:
Hey firewalker99. If you think this tread is so crap then why do you keep coming back and contributing to it? Very strange. This tread is now officially the most POPULAR thread on T2W as I predicted it would be the other day on this thread. Dow 2008 thread has had 1,130 views since the other day and the Which Way Dow thread has had 1,775. Looks like Fibonacci rules of a ratio of 1.618 is winning the battle. Bring it on Bat Sonar System.

Holy Grail, I share your bearish views and probably the severity of this recession which I believe is likely to be deeper but shorter than previous ones in history. But what on earth has the popularity of any threads got to do with it?
Wow me against all the traders in the world. This is going to be a real eBay challenge. I am a battle hardened eBayer.
I think you are over-indulging your self here. Get a grip on your self... You have a touch of egomanic depravity about you. I say this with due respect on your overly excited views. Christopher Columbus wasn't alone on his opinions about the globe. Whilst your average peasant knew little and didn't care to bother either, but history will have you believe he was the only one.

The News I provide on this thread will be news relevant to Total Financial ARMAGEDDON. Watch this space. We had this in Germany after the second world war when the banking system collapsed and people ferried monies in wheel barrows. We had it in Argentina and Russia more recently. We have even had it in the UK when interest rates went up to 15% but Armageddon is way over the top.

I am afraid the Credit Crunch around the world and the US housing market situation and its knock on affects out way any good news there is. Outway is a subjective term. Depends on your industry, location and perspective. I have cash ready to buy a second property and waiting for the optimal time. I'm not alone as I have colleagues at work with several properties looking to add to their portfolio.

That’s why the good news is totally irrelevant.

How can you make a statement like this? I have no idea. You are like blinkered to bad news only. Not a healthy sign.

Balance and harmony is what we need in all aspects of life... :clover:(y)

What is happening to the Zimbabwe stock exchange as its currency plunges in value?

I think the Zimbabwe stock exchange is one of the top ten best performing indices in the world in dollar terms during the last 12 months

In Sept 2007 495 zimbabwe dollars bought one pound , in april 2008 it takes 59,500 zimb dollars to buy a pound.

You are no good at maths. firewalker99 I guarantee you will be back after this post. Fibonacci rules of a ratio of 1.618 dictate that this will happen.

Except for stating a rough estimate of the phi I have failed to see how you are any good at maths, you have not demotrated any support for your predictions except for quoting old news. And if you are worried that I will not be able to catch on, I have a research Masters degree in Maths, if not all, I should be able to catch on at least half of your working. Please enlighten us.

Except for stating a rough estimate of the phi I have failed to see how you are any good at maths, you have not demotrated any support for your predictions except for quoting old news. And if you are worried that I will not be able to catch on, I have a research Masters degree in Maths, if not all, I should be able to catch on at least half of your working. Please enlighten us.

Anybody fancy a trip to Hyde Park - speakers corner... :cheesy:

Let me try and explain. It’s hard. Get 100 cogs of different sizes and put them all together. Turn the handle and all the cogs rotate at different speeds. Put predictable speeds. Like the universe. This is Fibonacci. Now place a stick in any gap between the cogs and what happens? The whole system stops. The same is true of the stock market. It is all connected by Fibonacci movements. For instance oil goes up the dollar goes down. The Dow moves up the FTSE moves up. The Dow moves down then Gold moves up. Predictable. Unfortunately the stick has been placed in the gap of these cogs. The stick in this case is lending money to people around the world that can not mathematically afford it. The meltdown of the financial system is the Credit Crunch. This has been caused by greedy Banks around the world. A stick placed into the gap of the financial cogs. The FED in the US is pouring money into the financial system to hold up the banks but that is like pulling (force) on a stick that is well and truly jammed in the cogs. No chance.

Stretch an elastic band to its limit and this is Fibonacci. Stretch it to far and you destroy the elastic band. This is what has now happend to the stock market. The Dow. That's why financial ARMAGEDDON in predictable.

The stock market cogs are so complex that it is invisible to the human eye or perception. I have tried to explain it as simply as possible. In other words you traders can’t see the wood for the trees.

The invisible part of the stock market system that traders can’t see is human emotion. Fear and Greed. How do you measure Fear and Greed in the stock market? That is the Da Vinci Code. The Holy Grail.

Does anyone understand what I am saying?

Last edited:
Holy Grail

Let me try and explain. It’s hard. Get 100 cogs of different sizes and put them all together. Turn the handle and all the cogs rotate at different speeds. Put predictable speeds. Like the universe. This is Fibonacci. Now place a stick in any gap between the cogs and what happens? The whole system stops. The same is true of the stock market. It is all connected by Fibonacci movements. For instance oil goes up the dollar goes down. The Dow moves up the FTSE moves up. The Dow moves down then Gold moves up. Predictable. Unfortunately the stick has been placed in the gap of these cogs. The stick in this case is lending money to people around the world that can not mathematically afford it. The meltdown of the financial system is the Credit Crunch. This has been caused by greedy Banks around the world. A stick placed into the gap of the financial cogs. The FED in the US is pouring money into the financial system to hold up the banks but that is like pulling (force) on a stick that is well and truly jammed in the cogs. No chance.

Stretch an elastic band to its limit and this is Fibonacci. Stretch it to far and you destroy the elastic band. This is what has now happend to the stock market. The Dow. That's why financial ARMAGEDDON in predictable.

The stock market cogs are so complex that it is invisible to the human eye or perception. I have tried to explain it as simply as possible. In other words you traders can’t see the wood for the trees.

The invisible part of the stock market system that traders can’t see is human emotion. Fear and Greed. How do you measure Fear and Greed in the stock market? That is the Da Vinci Code. The Holy Grail.

BAT Sonar!

What i am about to say is probably going to have me certified, but here goes...

The BAT Sonar system!

I make a lot, probably all actually, of trades that rely on a very distintive pattern around any given price on any TF. The pattern (in my view) reminds me of.....Batman:)

When Batman has his wings 'up', the price is being bought into. When Batman has his wings down the price is being sold into.:eek:

Of course, normal people call it H&S or INV H&S.:LOL:

Am i mad?:confused:

What i am about to say is probably going to have me certified, but here goes...

The BAT Sonar system!

I make a lot, probably all actually, of trades that rely on a very distintive pattern around any given price on any TF. The pattern (in my view) reminds me of.....Batman:)

When Batman has his wings 'up', the price is being bought into. When Batman has his wings down the price is being sold into.:eek:

Of course, normal people call it H&S or INV H&S.:LOL:

Am i mad?:confused:

Exactly. Every trader knows patterns exist in the stock market. That is a fact. Patterns are produced through mathematics. There are patters produced however in the stock market that are invisible to traders. These invisible patterns are produced through fear and greed. Once you can measure fear and greed (human emotion on a scale of 0-100%) then you can predict the stock market. This is the Fibonacci code that unlocks the stock market secret. I have the code.

Exactly. Every trader knows patterns exist in the stock market. That is a fact. Patterns are produced through mathematics. There are patters produced however in the stock market that are invisible to traders. These invisible patterns are produced through fear and greed. Once you can measure fear and greed (human emotion on a scale of 0-100%) then you can predict the stock market. This is the Fibonacci code that unlocks the stock market secret. I have the code.

Who can see these invisible patterns?

How do we know they are there if they are invisible?

How much does it cost to have a peek?

Some people say there is no structure to price behaviour, i absolutely disagree with this view.

Price action can not be random, 'deals' have to be done, 'deals' are not random.

The market could not exist on a random basis.

Any views?

PS. This is just my view, yours may differ, i'm not arguing, just commenting.

Some people say there is no structure to price behaviour, i absolutely disagree with this view.

Price action can not be random, 'deals' have to be done, 'deals' are not random.

The market could not exist on a random basis.

Any views?

PS. This is just my view, yours may differ, i'm not arguing, just commenting.

I agree, there is a structure to price behaviour. It's called fear and greed (human emotions that drive the stock market moves). It's called Fibonacci movements. No different from how the universe moves. Does the universe move randomly? No. Scientific fact. Elliott Wave trading is Fibonacci. I call it technical Fibonacci. Emotional Fibonacci is what all traders on earth can’t see until now. I have the ANSWER!

In part the below link says this:
Emotional cycles of individuals, Human emotional cycles avg 33-36 days and resemble market charts, Other human cycles avg 5-weeks, 56-day blood cholesterol cycles, Human cycles basic periods equate to 34 & 55 (day) Fibonacci Numbers, Pythagoras - ratios - mathematics, Minor - intermediate - major activities advance in 5 waves.

Natures Way The Secret of the Universe - elliott wave - fibonacci numbers

Solar System

The stock market is one BIG FAKE my freinds! A very clever illusion. The greatest cover up the world has ever seen. The Da Vinci Code.

Last edited:
I agree, there is a structure to price behaviour. It's called fear and greed (human emotions that moves the stock market). It's called Fibonacci movements. No different from how the universe moves. Does the universe move randomly? No. Scientific fact.

Yes. It makes me wonder if there is any randomness at all.

The stock market is one BIG FAKE my freinds! A very clever illusion. The greatest cover up the world has ever seen.[/QUOTE]

In the terms and in the context of 'worth', i would agree with this statement. The planet has only so much 'worth', this cannot be changed, unless we bring in 'new worth'.....from elsewhere.

The stock market is one BIG FAKE my freinds! A very clever illusion. The greatest cover up the world has ever seen.

In the terms and in the context of 'worth', i would agree with this statement. The planet has only so much 'worth', this cannot be changed, unless we bring in 'new worth'.....from elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Hey someone agrees at last.

The Dow is not random movement. What you see as random movement on a computer generated graph is caused by a complicated series of cogs, gearing ratio and a pulley system. All Fibonacci. It’s easy when you know how.

Yes, there are patterns in the stock market.
Yes I believe fib has a hand in 'creating' them.

At what point will that turn me into a ranting nutter:eek: