Where will we sell eurgbp lads?

Done it today. My stop is around the recent high (i.e. the high since I posted this thread).

I claim no expertise in this type of trading, but I think my reasoning is reasonably sound. We've faffed around about here doing nowt for best part of a week... either we're going up or going down, but either way it should be a decent move. And if we go up, it isn't going to cost me much.

Am decently onside by now of course :)

I'll update this thread again when I'm out, one way or the other.

Hmm, the Euro seems to be waiting, with no real movement on daily charts in any of the Euro pairs, especially the safe havens.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what the indecision is about? Was it the recent comment regarding the suggestion of the end to monetary easing for the Euro? Surely this was just sentiment?

the fundamentals are hinting at uk assisting the economy more. Wednesday will be the tell for this pair. Technically i just dont see any viable levels to trade, it seems to be wishy washy at the moment. Personally i am going to wait for a level that is clear for a trade. I wouldnt be surprised to see it bust out this range to the upside

the fundamentals are hinting at uk assisting the economy more. Wednesday will be the tell for this pair. Technically i just dont see any viable levels to trade, it seems to be wishy washy at the moment. Personally i am going to wait for a level that is clear for a trade. I wouldnt be surprised to see it bust out this range to the upside

I can see how this could be for the GBP but what about the lull in the other Euro pairs?

at these levels I find it pretty much impossible to think my stop isn't going to be triggered, so I need to decide whether to get out now, widen it so it can get through tomorrow, or keep it... my main problem is I can't watch the bloody position carefully to reenter it, which is why I haven't immediately got out.

I told you... wait until 0.89 or thereabouts. What I wrote 2 weeks ago still stands according to my analysis from a purely technical viewpoint. I'll see if I can attach a graph.

The "great" thing about TA on the weekly is that I drew those lines a year ago.

Attachments

• cntofabullflag.gif
    cntofabullflag.gif
    33 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I told you... wait until 0.89 or thereabouts. What I wrote 2 weeks ago still stands according to my analysis from a purely technical viewpoint. I'll see if I can attach a graph.

The "great" thing about TA on the weekly is that I drew those lines a year ago.

HAHA...nice one...You shoud try and sell that strat, with that strap line.. :D

I told you... wait until 0.89 or thereabouts.

You will be waiting a long time, it will never get there.

What I wrote 2 weeks ago still stands according to my analysis from a purely technical viewpoint. I'll see if I can attach a graph.

What I wrote 2 days ago still stands according to my analysis from a purely technical viewpoint. I'll see if I can attach a graph.;)
(Right about now)

Attachments

• All wrong.jpg
    All wrong.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 164
We'll see. :D Have you not learnt that "never" is a bad word to use especially when the potential level is only 100 or so pips away?

As an aside, you know a two week old prediction that still stands is more impressive than a two day old prediction but let's not let the English language get in the way, eh?

Back to TA, what do you think of the bull flag?

Last edited:
We'll see. :D Have you not learnt that "never" is a bad word to use especially when the potential level is only 100 or so pips away?

As an aside, you know a two week old prediction that still stands is more impressive than a two day old prediction but let's not let the English language get in the way, eh?

Back to TA, what do you think of the bull flag?

Lets say at 0.89 there is a high probability of never getting the opportunity to take the trade.

Attachments

• CUNT OF TRING.jpg
    CUNT OF TRING.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 196
eurgbp is going to parity and beyond so this talk of where to short is just pointless

Attachments

• gbpeur.jpg
    gbpeur.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Lets say at 0.89 there is a high probability of never getting the opportunity to take the trade.

Well here is my two cents. The chart is a monthly with a nice down channel in progress. From a technical standpoint it certainly could reach the top of the channel at 89 if it hurries up, but it also could drop from here and not reach the top of the channel this time and drop to the 70 area without reaching the 89.

Attachments

• EUR_GBP_October 2010.PNG
    EUR_GBP_October 2010.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 145
Well here is my two cents. The chart is a monthly with a nice down channel in progress. From a technical standpoint it certainly could reach the top of the channel at 89 if it hurries up, but it also could drop from here and not reach the top of the channel this time and drop to the 70 area without reaching the 89.

Here is another scenario based on Elliott Wave Theory. There could be a leading diagonal in play here as labeled in this chart.

Attachments

• EUR_GBP_October 2010_2.PNG
    EUR_GBP_October 2010_2.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 158
eurgbp is going to parity and beyond so this talk of where to short is just pointless

From my perspective, I'm not even sure if the European Union and the Euro will survive the worldwide depression that will be unfolding for the next several decades.

See if this EURGBP attempts lower from here 0.8866 , time wise looking out a couple weeks ! So chunk a piece on that will allow you to ride out a few weeks to see where its at then !