Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Nope

Very serious, infact if any member can prove that they have been given any trading method or strategy by Soc via T2W I will resign my membership

dc2000 said:
Ok I have heard this so many times before, every time a member asks Soc a question about trading we get the Im not going to tell you anything because you didn't ask properly or you don't deserve to know or another excuse.

So my questions are to any member other than Soc
Has any member ever been enlightened as to the methods that Soc trades with?
Has any member ever used any of Socs trading methods to trade with?

."Talk is cheap" Untill SOCRATES can show the thread some live trades

dc2000 said:
Nope

Very serious, infact if any member can prove that they have been given any trading method or strategy by Soc via T2W I will resign my membership
Unfortunately we are stuck with you unless you do what Bulldozer did.

What did he do ?

He banned himself.

China is an advocate of Socs methods and Im sure Soc can enlighten people in his home but has he ever enlightend anyone via T2W there is a lot of talk about darksiding but the answer you always get is "one does not talk about how to darkside" so of what benefit is that to the countless people that come to T2W to learn.

SOCRATES said:
Unfortunately we are stuck with you unless you do what Bulldozer did.

And we are stuck with you Bertie but we ain't complaining. I really enjoy those moments when people catch you out.

Beware, keeping those poison gas bombs under your window is a health and safety hazard.

But then again, when they explode, you will be able to escape using you great expertise in out of body experiences I am sure.

hmm, thinking about socs dow trade here and I havent gone back looking at detail but i can picture the type of action the stop too big...? no I dont think so..... but i'm relating that very loosely to where I'm at with my own trades on shorter time , theres a good reason that you need to give it a measured amount of room... apart from disaster protection of course.

25 days seems a long time but its 25 bars... like trading 6 odd hours of 15 minute bars with a 10 point stop 55 point gain..... the perfect trade maybe? seems it to me anyway, we would all like to think that the money is in the next 4 bars or so but thats where your patience pays maybe... being able to wait and watch while the move builds.

at the time he said potentially 450 points now he says he nailed it spot on no mention of time and what happens when we go higher monday?

I hope you don't mind me having a look at the post in question.
No offence intended. I'm just seeing what was said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

OK....The Dow has had 4 major drops since April, preceding the current one.

They are :~

April 20th
May 13th
July 7th
August 30th

On each of these bottoms there has been accumulation.

On each of the corresponding tops the distribution has not been final.

Each of these bottoms has been higher than the previous one.

Each of the tops attributable to these marked bottoms has been higher than the previous one.

This indicates that the bullish situation that started in late October last year is not exhausted up to this point.

Then we have the current drop, But the current drop appears to be running out of steam.

So, on balance, we could say the current drop is an interrruption to the bullish conditions that have prevailed up till now.

If this drop is arrested with significant volume underneath once more the next leg up potentially looks a 450 pointer.

That is the state of play at the moment, nothing more, nothing less.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

At present, price is about potential S and if there is enthusiasm price may go back up. Perhaps as far as previous R.

It's not like it was an exact prediction. A scenario perhaps?.

Unfortunately we are stuck with you unless you do what Bulldozer did

Now there's confidence in the proof coming forward

and it is We traders who are stuck with you. You may be a master of the English language but this site is for traders and we come here to share our thoughts and not to be told how we should conduct ourselves in your presence

dc2000 said:
at the time he said potentially 450 points now he says he nailed it spot on no mention of time and what happens when we go higher monday?

Well yes, but we perhaps need to remember that the market can change, so a view of 450 potential is a good way of seeing it.. without being tied into i'll hold for 450 because I say 450.... until it kills me. with the time.... well. its going to reach it in 4 bars or 25 ?? who can say that but if the view is still long until something happens in the market that changes that view why exit ? boredom ,frustration,fear. all points to look at maybe.

fxmarkets said:
hmm, thinking about socs dow trade here and I havent gone back looking at detail but i can picture the type of action the stop too big...? no I dont think so.....

Socrates has gone on and on about using tight stops. He also goes on and on about how easy it all is to him. I just thought that for such an expert an 80 point draw down doesn't seem that good. The real problem is, he didn't post a stop at all. I just thought that if it was 80 points, the trade would have been stopped out. So I wonder where it would have been?

fxmarkets said:
hmm, thinking about socs dow trade here and I havent gone back looking at detail but i can picture the type of action the stop too big...? no I dont think so..... but i'm relating that very loosely to where I'm at with my own trades on shorter time , theres a good reason that you need to give it a measured amount of room... apart from disaster protection of course.

25 days seems a long time but its 25 bars... like trading 6 odd hours of 15 minute bars with a 10 point stop 55 point gain..... the perfect trade maybe? seems it to me anyway, we would all like to think that the money is in the next 4 bars or so but thats where your patience pays maybe... being able to wait and watch while the move builds.

Socrates said:
(post 7203) I took the precaution of getting tucked in early
I took this quote to mean that he was already in the position (perhaps from a long way back) at the time of post 7205. An 80 point drop when you are already well into profit by more than that amount is a different thing than letting a position go 80 points negative from your entry.
JO

JumpOff said:
I took this quote to mean that he was already in the position (perhaps from a long way back) at the time of post 7205. An 80 point drop when you are already well into profit by more than that amount is a different thing than letting a position go 80 points negative from your entry.
JO

I suppose he caught the exact bottom :) Who knows? Tucked in earlier could also have been from a higher price. The Dow was higher the previous 2 days. The only lower price was on a spike on the 6th October and that was only about 20 points lower than on the 11th. So the odds are that an earlier entry would have been from a higher price.

Chaps no disrespect here but you all seem to be assuming that Soc had or took a position. If a junior member posted "I think it will go higher but if it goes lower thats ok because I got on last month " the answer they would get is "Yea right" yet the same cynicism is not given.

I have a small share portfolio from the 1980s so I guess that means "I was tucked in earlier"

Bigbusiness said:
I suppose he caught the exact bottom :) Who knows? Tucked in earlier could also have been from a higher price. The Dow was higher the previous 2 days. The only lower price was on a spike on the 6th October and that was only about 20 points lower than on the 11th. So the odds are that an earlier entry would have been from a higher price.
Don't know why people here pay attention to Alberts supercilious garbage. He is such a sad case that he has to come on these boards and pretend that he is some guru of magician who can foresee or foretell the future. He uses innuendo all of the time in an attempt to avoid any specifics where he could be caught out. On a couple of rare occassions when he made some specific forecasts he was dead wrong and so you won't catch him trying that again. If you challenge him he will patronize you with his garbage about being offended by peoples rudeness to him and consequently he won't make any specific forecasts so there....nah nah nah nah nah.

His claim that he forecasted the current rally down to the exact number of points and the timeframe is just more of his usual garbage. In his original Oct 10th post where he referes to a potential 450 pt rally he:
a) qualifies his statement with "If this drop is arrested". If he knew that it would be arrested he would'nt have needed to make this qualification.
b) There is no timeframe quoted so he can't claim that he made a specific prediction within a predetermined timeframe.
c) The markets are dynamic - without a specific target in a specific timeframe a claimed forecast is meaningless. Has this rally now finished, will the markets go up towards 11000 of fall back below 10500. I don't know and neither does old Albert.

He subsequently made the comment that "the target was 10688 from 10238" when referencing his original October 11th post. Well the market dropped by 140pts from 10238 on 11/10 to 10098 on 13/10 so unless someone specified a stop level then they could have easily been stopped out before the market went back up again. However when you just make vague predictions without any specifics you can claim what ever you want with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

The markets are not predetermined by anyone individual, spirit or entity from the darkside, the lightside or even a lunatics bedside. Why do you think that he comes onto these boards to claim omniscience and to patronize the rest of you with his delusions of superiority. Just look at the number of posts that he has made since he first came to this forum (they are shown under his name). He has made around 2500 posts incirca 18 months - thats an average of 5 posts a day, every day, over 18 months !

Why is he here ? If he was so smart and prescient he would be living it up in multibillionaires row on the vast wealth that would have accumulated by now through successfully trading the markets. But oddly enough he isn't ! - instead he is here to try and tell you how smart he is and how stupid you are. A very strange and obsessive pastime for someone who claims to be so smart and successful don't you think !

Internet Bulletin Boards are are wonderful forums for the deranged and declasse to invent a fantasy persona and/or lifestyle to compensate for their own failures and frustrations in the real world. Posters like poor old Albert are just very sad people. The productive use of BB's is to exchange ideas and information for mutual benefit and there are some excellent contributors to this thread.

dc2000 said:
Chaps no disrespect here but you all seem to be assuming that Soc had or took a position. If a junior member posted "I think it will go higher but if it goes lower thats ok because I got on last month " the answer they would get is "Yea right" yet the same cynicism is not given.

I have a small share portfolio from the 1980s so I guess that means "I was tucked in earlier"
Lol - and old Albert usually gets tucked up early by Matron every night !

kriesau said:
Well the market dropped by 140pts from 10238 on 11/10 to 10098 on 13/10....

Do you use yahoo/Bigcharts data? If so, it is wrong. My charts show the low at 10,156.

Attachments

• l.gif
    l.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 189
Bigbusiness said:
Do you use yahoo/Bigcharts data? If so, it is wrong. My charts show the low at 10,156.
I got the figure from Yahoos historical prices for the Dow