Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

JillyB said:
I usually only trade on an intraday basis and don't hold any positions open overnight on the DJI. This is the first time I've done this and I don't like it - I much prefer closing before the day ends - I know where I stand then!
Look up this site it might help:FuturesKnowlege.com.good luck

On my chart

Dow for next week, resistance line at 10325 decreasing to 10300 by 19th May
support line at 10095 on 16th and rising to 10122 on 19th

Recent crossing of 50exp ma through the 100and 200 not a good sign, also dow below 200 simple and exp

rsi's not looking good, MACDs I use also not good
Vols increasing on downward movement

This is the way I see it.... tightening between the S&R lines, then breaking short term support to hit the main support just above 10,000.

However, the 61.8% fib level (10,183 & around 10,200 in general) seems to be a sticky area. Note also, if it does bounce rapidly off the short term support, it will be heading for the resistance line cross of the 50% fib.

The 200 sma is (near enough) flat, while the 40 ema is under the 200 and pointing down.

Good luck for the week ahead everyone.

Attachments

• DJI.jpg
    DJI.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 201
JillyB said:

At this stage I will just be happy to break even. I have a pending limit order placed at 10228, which will break even and be +2. I will be a very happy bunny if this is hit.

Jill, no offence but I would advise you to paper trade at this stage in your trading career (i.e. while you are learning)

You are currently somewhere around 70-80 points in the red but you are happy to get out for +2 ..... this should be the other way around really!

When you decide your entry based on whatever setup you are using you should also set a stop that you are comfortable with and look for a target price for an exit.

I'm the first to admit that in the past I have held a long position hoping that the market will move back in my favour only to watch it drop through the floor. If you set a stop that is hit then you have traded well and not risked losing more capital.

You may not have made a profit but you have kept your losses small and can move on.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Justyn.

[

i have been spread betting daily Dow for few months & i have used F.S. company But i like to have account with ib & trade through them.i have few questons i wonder some body kind enough to answer. i trade £5-10 a point is that mean i have to buy or sell 5- 10 contracts with ib.so if the market goes for or aginst you say 30 points you win or lose $30 in each contract.is margin requirement $1200 for each Dow contract. .i am getting data feed & charts from Q charts .i understand i will get live data from ib above certin numbers of trades free is it easy to get data from them & use charts from seira charts & worh it through.finally do i get confirmation of trade quickly like F.S. or do ihave to waite for few minutes.Thank you in advance

You do get some big fish around here, in fact we use helicopters with human bait to catch 'em ...

Attachments

• Shark%20Helicopter%20Attack.jpg
    Shark%20Helicopter%20Attack.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 244
justyn said:
You do get some big fish around here, in fact we use helicopters with human bait to catch 'em ...

Is that a St Lucian alternative to Hang Gliding and Bungee Jumping ?? :)

St. Lucia

Just had a look at a holiday webite to St. Lucia.
Holidays are about £700 for 7 nights in a 3 star hotel.
Perhaps Justyn could offer better rates in his shack on the beach ??

Holidays are about £700 for 7 nights in a 3 star hotel.

I can offer you 7 nights for £500 - as you can see it's a 5 star shack, much better than Tradesmart's trading shed.

Attachments

• shack.jpg
    shack.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 140
justyn said:
I can offer you 7 nights for £500 - as you can see it's a 5 star shack, much better than Tradesmart's trading shed.

Hmmm..... Is there a sea view ? If so, would you be prepared to install some windows ?

Hmmm..... Is there a sea view ? If so, would you be prepared to install some windows ?

Some people are so fussy. It has broadband and a PC so you can sit and watch the Dow Jones all day long - what more do you want?

justyn said:
Some people are so fussy. It has broadband and a PC so you can sit and watch the Dow Jones all day long - what more do you want?

I CAN DO THAT HERE :) (have to shout because you haven't got any windows and might not hear me !)

I want to feel the sun and see the sea - c'mon Justyn, if you want to make some money from a holiday let you'll need to give the customer what he wants.

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--Foreigners recorded net purchases of U.S. securities totaling $45.7 billion in March, down nearly half from the average of the previous two months, according to the latest data from the Treasury Department.
The net purchases in March were the lowest since Oct. 2003. Foreign net purchases of U.S. securities in February were revised down to $84.1 billion from the previously reported $84.5 billion, the Treasury said Monday. Foreign net purchases in January were $92.5 billion.