Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

early dip.. so good so far.

now will the 14.45 take us up for the rest of the day, or will it do the unexpected??

hmm..

fc

FetteredChinos said:
shonk!!

hmm. initial over-reaction..

will 130-150 hold us up?

Here's hoping. But no real signs of any positive upward movement yet. :cry:

Dell keeping COMPX up with a 4.5% rise this morning.
SOX up 1% but Nas 100 up just 0.15% and S & P off 0.33%
Crazy market

..and back to the "comfort" of 10,200. Have a feeling it's going sideways for a bit now.

Edit: spoke too soon! :confused:

Bluewave said:
..and back to the "comfort" of 10,200. Have a feeling it's going sideways for a bit now.

Question is: Has yesterdays support level of 10180 - 200 become todays resistance level ?

ivorm said:
Socrates, do you have a view on the Dax at the moment?

Regards,
I'm sorry Ivorm to have missed your post I have been engaged in a ring conference since 1pm till now. At that time it was showing an unwillingness to go up. Now it has hit a tweezer bottom at 4251 and is climbing but there is a cap at 4269, let us see if it motors and breaks that, and if it does the next level would be 4280 ish so there isn't much in it for today. Don't forget it is a Friday and today is the 13th. Caution advised.

KInd Regards.

kriesau said:
Question is: Has yesterdays support level of 10180 - 200 become todays resistance level ?

I have a feeling you could be right on this one.

I will therefore have to hang onto this long trade for a bit longer than normal. Oh well!!

JillyB said:
I have a feeling you could be right on this one.

I will therefore have to hang onto this long trade for a bit longer than normal. Oh well!!

From where are you long ?

SOCRATES said:
I'm sorry Ivorm to have missed your post I have been engaged in a ring conference since 1pm till now. At that time it was showing an unwillingness to go up. Now it has hit a tweezer bottom at 4251 and is climbing but there is a cap at 4269, let us see if it motors and breaks that, and if it does the next level would be 4280 ish so there isn't much in it for today. Don't forget it is a Friday and today is the 13th. Caution advised.

KInd Regards.

Many thanks for your reply, Soc. Why is there a cap at 4269 ?

Regards,

the dow is really struggling... the nas was up like 20 point at open!! if the nas goes negative i think 10100 is in sight..

FetteredChinos said:
FTSE base-building at the moment.. a break about 4870 and the longs are away...
Refer to my previous post number 3922. you see how the weakness has not been totally resolved and how the price has drifted down considerably. However it appears that the fall has been arrested (S.V.) so it can at least meander along the original course it was following.
4975 + however not expected....