Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

SOCRATES said:
I will explain further (ignore the creature) so you know.

If someone bursts a paper bag with a loud bang that you do not expect, it gives you a start, does it not ?

It will not give you a start it you are mindful of the fact that a paper bag may be burst with a loud bang, in advance of the event. This is what I am warning you about.

What an incredibly wise saying - I'm utterly gobsmacked by such simple logic.

Well now you have your answer FC and you know exactly what direction that it'll be going in and where to place you trades. :LOL: :LOL:

FetteredChinos said:
how do you know i am salty?

casting aspersions on my sexuality?

:eek:

FC

Too much information! :cheesy:

There are ladies present! (Ahemm!!!)

FetteredChinos said:
indeed.. i had noticed your jessica rabbit outfit today.

dont you think you are a bit overdressed for trading?

Got to keep you boys on your toes!

I was wondering when someone would notice that I'd changed my avatar. Well I do have red hair and my name begins with J - so it seemed appropriate. :D

kriesau said:
Such biting wit :LOL:
Yes, you have no idea how much amusement you create.

The "bite" is that you are going to be left in the dark, so that your rudeness is rewarded, so that you blunder once again and take positions in the opposite direction and you are rewarded with a bit of grief until you learn some manners. Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

JillyB said:

I was wondering when someone would notice that I'd changed my avatar. Well I do have red hair and my name begins with J - so it seemed appropriate. :D

hmm, is that Ginger Jeff from the Fox and Rabbit?

ive been meaning to have words with you about that Ferret i bought from you last week..

Dax for today?

ivorm said:
Does anyone have any positions (or thoughts) on the Dax ?

I fancy a long at 4260. I've posted a chart showing EWA and it looks like we could be at the beginning of Wave 3 within Wave 5. ( I'm basing the entry on fib retracements on the 60min chart).

My view at the moment on the Dax is as follows. In the mid term this will fall to 4200 this may start today only if 4230 is broken, or next trading week. The days fall may be to 4232. Lets see if the big boys are ready to play! watch the tail to see if the tail is wagging the dog. Please remember Im only a newbie.

JillyB said:

Lucky Sarnia !

SOCRATES said:
Yes, you have no idea how much amusement you create.

The "bite" is that you are going to be left in the dark, so that your rudeness is rewarded, so that you blunder once again and take positions in the opposite direction and you are rewarded with a bit of grief until you learn some manners. Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

Oh so your are also telepathically omniscient too and know all of my trades - Gee, that is almost as impressive as your unparalled expertise on the markets - I'm gobsmacked for the second time today :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh venerated maestro, please don't leave me in the dark and deny me your incisive analysis of future market trends :cry:

Dow not even open and pages and pages of comments... but very few ...Dow.... comments.. hmm, think I will leave you all to the chat this afternoon!

Have fun :)

SOCRATES said:
I will explain further (ignore the creature) so you know.

If someone bursts a paper bag with a loud bang that you do not expect, it gives you a start, does it not ?

It will not give you a start it you are mindful of the fact that a paper bag may be burst with a loud bang, in advance of the event. This is what I am warning you about.

But once the initial surprise has passed, the tendancy is to continue as before. How is this analogy helpful in deciding the direction on any given day ? There are always ups and downs. So there is a big correction coming. Unless I pick the absolute top and go short, your warning is of no use to me. The market does not move in straight lines.

Yes Fettered, but driven by very little, they are off to the pub already, wait and see...

clocked up our 100,000th page view last night.. i think i might celebrate tonight with a beer...

Any excuse... :devilish:

im going to send Krisseau round with the sharp pointy stick..

Sure you haven't started drinking already:-0

Socs and Kris if you want to have a scrap or a catfight then maybe we can open a separate thread....we can think of names if you like....Your take on one another is obvious, so please wouldn't it be easier to ignore the banter? You both make good contributions but this is not the way to carry on with that.... :!:

Anyway to the markets....Socs is suggesting the possibility of some downside; well frankly things are looking a little weak.

I do expect some sort of a bounce obviously 10200 would be the initial target as we closed below that yesterday....www.tradertom.co.uk is saying that the black box system has fired a buy signal.

I’ve attached a chart showing where the situation stands at this moment time…

Attachments

• DOW Business.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited: