Where do you get your daily trade ideas?

You're either a Trader or You're an Economist.

One makes money and the other just talks about money supply.

Which bulletin boards would you recommend?

Yeah, I get all my ideas and stock buying recommendations from Cramer. He's spot on everytime. Also, I like to just jump on board when CNBC are talking up a stock. I love analyst newsletters too as they never seem to be wrong. Plus I get a lot of free tips off people on bulletin boards. There are a few odd people that get it wrong but almost everyone else is right. I think it's a fairly easy way to make money and beats doing your own due diligence. Who wants to spend hours researching a market both fundamentally and technically? You might as well get someone else to do it for you. That way it cuts down on the work. Also I like the way that you have someone else to blame if it doesn't work because I am not keen on taking responsibility for this kind of thing myself as I don't know that much about it.

Hi there
It was interesting what you were saying about looking at what other people are saying and agree with you on a lot of your points.....where would you advise someone to look for such comments apart from here?
D

Personally I think newspapers, physical and the web are the best ideas if you're looking for fundamental/news trading, not for tips, but just news on what's going on, and said effects, being an economist helps here. If you're just looking for good technical setups then just browse until you find something, try whatever, and eventually you'll get a sense for a few stocks.

Hi Hotch - Its a brave man who promotes the value of economists right now!

But getting a sense for a selected group of few stocks (or indices) only is a good discipline - they do not all behave in the same way and some are better suited to particular styles of trading, parameters for stop-losses, profit targets, time targets etc.

On the economic front, at the very least, anyone who wishes to buy UK shares on a given day should have a glance over to the US and see if they are not selling them off as fast as they can, or if oil is sky-rocketing, etc. Its often useful to identify the trades you let go, as much as the ones you take.

I've been trying to spend my time researching sectors rather than digging through ticker symbols. When you find a sector that shows what you're looking for, you can then do a quick search for the weak/strong inside that sector. Even if you have on ticker that's looking great, you wouldn't want to be long in it if the sector were on the brink of dying.

Or were you asking for specific sites?

The two main places I always check are:

1. Free Trading Videos
2. Day Trading / Online Trading - Trade The Markets

free trading videos are the analyst I follow religiously. Every morning there's a briefing of the rough market conditions, in the afternoon a brief video about how the market's doing and then a market wrap up in the evening. In a less choppy environment that's better for swinging, the analyst also discuss particular stock and some of their holdings.

trade the markets is mostly for futures/ currencies but also gives good ideas about market direction and some major stocks like GOOG.

Don't forget finviz.com as well.

Good luck

Or were you asking for specific sites?

The two main places I always check are:

1. Free Trading Videos
2. Day Trading / Online Trading - Trade The Markets

free trading videos are the analyst I follow religiously. Every morning there's a briefing of the rough market conditions, in the afternoon a brief video about how the market's doing and then a market wrap up in the evening. In a less choppy environment that's better for swinging, the analyst also discuss particular stock and some of their holdings.

trade the markets is mostly for futures/ currencies but also gives good ideas about market direction and some major stocks like GOOG.

Don't forget finviz.com as well.

Good luck

Hi fantastic4, liking the look of finviz anyone know of anything similar for the uk, charts, news etc? have tried BB, reuters, iii

thanks

Noel

Last edited:
Good sources of finding good stocks to trade:

1. Tradestation's daily HotLists - which allow you to scan by $ and % gainers and losers - Both in p[re-mkt and during market open

2. TradeIdeas software (about $50 a month) - highly customisable, allowing you to filter for the criteria you find works best for you - eg. 52 week lows/highs, specific TA patterns, $ losers/gainers, etc.

3. Finviz free heatmaps - they have some cool new apps, such as BubbleMaps and heatmaps purely for ETF's, with different sections just for the 2 and 3 x leveraged ETF's.

4. Used to visit knighttrader.blogspot.com as he listed stocks moving in pre-mkt and listed daily 7 stocks to know about tomorrow(ie earnings, etc)

Hope this helps, please do chime in with anything you use that's good.

S.

Daily analysis by trading central is good? I am watching their analysis charts daily but I have not gained much benefit and they are known as best technical analysis provider in the market.

Daily analysis by trading central is good? I am watching their analysis charts daily but I have not gained much benefit and they are known as best technical analysis provider in the market.

Thats hardly surprising. I can only imagine the only claim for them to be the best technical analysis provider in the world is themselves.
You and your chart is what you need to be looking at..not anyone else's.

Of course you will get get any benefit from their analysis. You have to learn to analyse your own charts !

i think we can get the idea about the real trend of market by making analyses of basic fundamental and technical analyses in order to get success in trading.

I know one can spend countless hours just looking around for stocks to swing or day trade and then do their investigation. Just to find them, where do you get your ideas or stock buying recommendations? Newsletters, Cramer, most active traded, CNBC, etc. I would love to have a recommend to same several hours a week.

Hi

Just want to share, for stock I screen my pick using Amibroker AFL.
Creating a good strategy, test it and use it for real trading.
There are many resources, just googling to find what works best for you.

www.WiseStockTrader.com
AmiBroker - AFL Library

It will be a lot better if you can learn programming a little to be able to create system on your own :cool:;
or else pay somebody to code your system for you:clap:

Hope it helps.

Cheers...

I do my own an analysis analysis just before Europe's open and just before the US Open. Better do this and learn how to generate trade ideas from your systems.

I trade what i see...........thats it .......the rest is noise

N