What's this T2W paid subscription service then!?!?!?

With the greatest of respect I am not here for my trading skills, I am here to look after the community. After all you wouldn't hire a painter to do the plumbing in your house would you? A house has many different needs that have to be addressed, just the same way that an online community has different needs, and in order to to that it requires many different people, with many different skills to keep it strong.

I am here to help you,the members: to ensure that your needs are meet with regard to enjoying this forum, in order that you can continue to discuss trading topics with your fellow forum members: and I promise that I will do that to the best of my ability. I am very committed to this site, and it's members.

I can do without the patronizing tone thanks.. and in case you hadnt noticed, this isnt a trading community, its a joke, the majority are here to either pimp a product, or for the LULZ.

Sadly, true. If you can get rid of the idiots who come on here plying their trade, this forum would be a better place...

I can do without the patronizing tone thanks..
No patronizing tone just responding to your original question about my trading background.
and in case you hadnt noticed, this isnt a trading community, its a joke, the majority are here to either pimp a product, or for the LULZ.
Good job I am here then :)

...Those of you who know Sharky will know what kind of person he is.....Those of you who don't know him, then I can say that he is a very moral and decent individual, who does go out of his way to keep this site going........for free......!!

I agree with a number of points that other posters have made i.e. about the importance of education free of charge, stopping vendor spam, helping newbies and creating something of interest for members at different levels fo their trading expertise.

For that reason I would urge everyone who has an interest in this site improving, but not turning into purely a commercial venture to respond to the survey, so that at least our views can be known.

I welcome Sue to the community, but I would like her to explain when the survey is due for closure, how the largely subjective questions will be evaluated and when and if the results will be made known to the members

Charlton

It is pretty obvious how this site can survive long term, and that is by attracting more professional traders. Otherwise it will just turn into £1pp merchants, and both spammers and legit advertisers trying to suck the pennies from the former.

The best way to attract professional traders is to keep a social feel while retaining a trading theme.

Simples! :)

Just try another post like that Genics and you will be out.

Site Guidelines or not....we do not have to put up with smutty nonsense.

arabiannights.....if you sit on high horse then world would appear low....

....What do you mean by trading...?.....

....Someone who does trading on pennies or a single trade worth thousands...?

.....people may not even trade.....some may be just interested....some may not know what this is all about....some may just show keen interest.....some may have language problems.....some may not know how to ask question....but then that is the world...

....I don't trade now....but then I have no need to trade....

...It is patronising to call others as £1pp people.....

...But then how much are you worth...??

...Stars galore do not make you a captain....!!

zambuck,

I do not have a high horse. I don't even have a donkey. I just about have a second hand bike, with a flat tyre.

The point of this forum is sharing ideas, and it is perfectly reasonable to think that a few guys who have just started spread betting are most likely just going to spread bad ideas amongst themselves, become disillusioned, and leave. To stop this from happening we need at least a few people who have a clue what they are doing, and they're only going to stay around if there are other people who know what they're doing.

I think arabian said keep the profissionals trades in here thinking about attracting new members and keep the ones already here..

If the "professionals" stop to post here, help and talk the site would lose education value.

I welcome Sue to the community, but I would like her to explain when the survey is due for closure, how the largely subjective questions will be evaluated and when and if the results will be made known to the members

Charlton
Thank you for the welcome.

We don't have any fixed plans for how long the survey will run, but I'd imagine for one to two weeks. It's only a basic survey, just so we can get a feel for what is working and what is not.

arabianights

Are you then saying, as an adviser for a long term standing, that this site does not, in a loose way, does what you think this site should be doing..??

...As an adviser, why get concerned about this site now, when you had all the time to provide recommendation to improve it...?

...What is your recommendation as to achieve what this site should do...?

...No point posting problems and issues...and then freting and fuming in despair....post suggestions...and recommendations....and list them...!

it is perfectly reasonable to think that a few guys who have just started spread betting are most likely just going to spread bad ideas amongst themselves, become disillusioned, and leave. To stop this from happening we need at least a few people who have a clue what they are doing, and they're only going to stay around if there are other people who know what they're doing.

On behalf of the idiots and newbs of T2W I would have recommended the post but I haven't spread the love

Arabianights - as a T2W Advisor I'm particularly dismayed that you'd wish to generate 'lulz' and stir up a negative reaction. I would not expect that from an advisor - and yes, Sue and I will also be reviewing all our previous initiative, inc the advisors, to ensure these support our goal of making T2W the best online trading community bar none.
Sharky, maybe if you (a) kept the advisors in the loop rather than treating them as window-dressing and (b) actually involved them in the capacity to which they thought they were being signed up for, you wouldn't have this problem or this reaction, which I can assure you, is likely widepsread among us regulars.

With your signature disdain for those who actually make your site what it is, you bring in a new blood to tread all over their toes.

Plus ca change....

Sue, it's not your fault, but that wont help you too much.