What kind of car do you guys drive?

finally I bought a new BMW 5 was a very long time for this purpose and that it is a gift for one day of summer is already waiting for him to break in normal output .

Maan...this thread is kind of long. :eek:

I was bored and I just randomly thought about this topic, and posted it...expecting to get like only five replies...

traders + cars = large thread ! :smart:

Attachments

• N4NVP.JPG
    N4NVP.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 187
Priory Lane Road Rage - http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dr...road-rage-incident-caught-on-video-2015-06-02

I've often cycled down Priory Lane on the way to Richmond as it is a quiet side road.

Not dangerous at all and usually Richmond drivers I think are better than your average riff raff.

This guy takes the biscuit though. Don't even know what his gripe is about. Just decides to cut into cyclists path and objects to cyclists call for space.

I've had one or two of these but not half as bad as this one. I would have gotten off my bike for this one. His lucky he didn't do that to me. :devilish:

Video is full off abuse. Bewarned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=97&v=vDvrkJkCdJg

Take it easy out there guys... Love and peace and all that jazz... (y)

I have a Ferrari and run a BMW as my daily driver, but neither are as a result of my trading expertise.

Priory Lane Road Rage - http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dr...road-rage-incident-caught-on-video-2015-06-02

I've often cycled down Priory Lane on the way to Richmond as it is a quiet side road.

Not dangerous at all and usually Richmond drivers I think are better than your average riff raff.

This guy takes the biscuit though. Don't even know what his gripe is about. Just decides to cut into cyclists path and objects to cyclists call for space.

I've had one or two of these but not half as bad as this one. I would have gotten off my bike for this one. His lucky he didn't do that to me. :devilish:

Video is full off abuse. Bewarned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=97&v=vDvrkJkCdJg

Take it easy out there guys... Love and peace and all that jazz... (y)

hmmmmmmm..............

cyclist vs driver is sadly a very very contentious issue and made worse by our horrendously old and narrow road system in the uk....

been on both sides of the fence and no current solution.....generally I err a long way on the side of caution as a driver (you will never win whatever you say) and as a cyclist I try not to play chicken with larger vehicles as you come second physically .........no matter what the legal rights and wrongs and videos etc .............law of size matters when you are faced with 2ton+ of car............you will lose

N

I have a Ferrari and run a BMW as my daily driver, but neither are as a result of my trading expertise.

good point

the merc I had with the plate was off of consultancy jobs and it was a company car for the job I had at the time ......so cant say it was all the trading.........:LOL:

hmmmmmmm..............

cyclist vs driver is sadly a very very contentious issue and made worse by our horrendously old and narrow road system in the uk....

been on both sides of the fence and no current solution.....generally I err a long way on the side of caution as a driver (you will never win whatever you say) and as a cyclist I try not to play chicken with larger vehicles as you come second physically .........no matter what the legal rights and wrongs and videos etc .............law of size matters when you are faced with 2ton+ of car............you will lose

N

Yep agree and as I drive too I give cyclist wide birth and extra care.

I simply feel that if we become like Holland and improve cycling safety more people will leave their cars and cycle more.

Also, find improved cycling roads and pedestrianisation of high streets has a calming effect on drivers too.

Dixon the ex Arsenal defender is now a bike addict.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8807709.stm

Amsterdam :)
Bike-blog--Amsterdans-cyc-006.jpg

That is like the size of a sidewalk. It is narrower than an old lady's arteries.

Christ A...........yesterday I took a look at this thread again and started getting drawn into those youtube videos on road rage , baliffs , cycle rage

they are incredibly addictive !!!

damn you !!!
N

heres something you wont see on Richmond highstreet at 8.15am ....thankfully ......and yes that is gunfire you hear .............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=48&v=OqRXvJzO9oQ

Last edited:
I daily drive a 1981 Datsun 280zx. Was the first car I ever owned (with my own money). I also own a 2008 Ram 1500 I tow my boat with and whenever I need trips to the hardware store.

I've been eyeing a 1999 Mercedes-Benz SL600 for a short while...I'm a sucker for the year 1999...and also that 12 cylinder engine :)

Second link shows mileage as 96,000.

Assuming it's true, cars back then used to conk out after 100,000.

You'll spend more money fixing it up and it staying in the garage then driving it.

Reliability has increased now but 20 years ago was different.

$2500 to have engine serviced! I'm sure it'll need few more of those.

Reminds me of Dallas :)

The question could have been - what car would you like to drive ?

My answer would be an Aston Martin DB5

Attachments

• Aston.png
    Aston.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,338
Second link shows mileage as 96,000.

Assuming it's true, cars back then used to conk out after 100,000.

You'll spend more money fixing it up and it staying in the garage then driving it.

Reliability has increased now but 20 years ago was different.

$2500 to have engine serviced! I'm sure it'll need few more of those.

Reminds me of Dallas :)

Agreed - the car is a money pit.

My Beemer will be gone the moment the warranty expires.

Far too much tech in these cars for something to not go wrong.

Over beers the other day, Rathcoole did indeed own up to driving one of these.. errr... cars.

But one look at Rath & one look at the Juke.... well it just does not fit together.

nu11jjo-1%5E640x480%5E.jpg

Looks very much like a frog to me. Perhaps Rath thinks it'll turn into a handsome Porsche one day...

is it really that long since we've had a beer together.

you're so busy running your business empire now, no time for the little (!!) people ? 55