What kind of car do you guys drive?

Hi mate.

Nissan, eh.

Personally, always had a soft spot for the Nissan President.

nissan-president-h150-1965-1973-r-m1394.jpg

Everywhere, in Japan, those things.

:D

Oh, and while we're at it, Nissan built a handful of specials just for the Emperor:

Imperial_Processional_Car2.JPG

1024px-NISSAN_PRINCE_ROYAL3_Nov_2009.jpg

800px-NISSAN_PRINCE_ROYAL2_Nov_2009.jpg

As they say, it's good to be da King !!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Paused in traffic today in our Cooper S alongside Porsche Carrera. "That's a lovely looking car" remarked her Ladyship, "What is it?". She now says that she only likes Porsches or MINIs. So that's that then!

Those BMW minis are certainly fairly smart-looking little city cars.

My car is nearly twice as old as I am, but was fully renovated/rebuilt a couple of years ago with all kinds of modern additions not available in the 1970's, which make it an ideal girly-car but would make a purist shudder.

Those BMW minis are certainly fairly smart-looking little city cars.

An interesting (and not unusual) perception of the MINI. Having got bored to death with Golf GTIs and other Euro-boxes I got a MINI for the pure fun of it. Best of all, the more powerful versions e.g.190 bhp are great for long-distance cruising and overtaking and just sitting there and letting the car do the work. Otherwise you can have loads of rorty torty fun elsewhere. I've just moved house and you would be surprised at what you can get in the back with the seats down. ........... PS - Also, what you can do in the back with the seats down!!

I still rather fancy that Porsche Cayman though!

Attachments

• Cayman.JPG
    Cayman.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Why are European car so small and eco-friendly?

Try driving an F150 here:

Italy-Narrow-Roads.aspx

Our cities were largely built before cars were around. Where I live in Europe there are car parks and roads I can't drive my family car down, and that would be considered a 'small SUV' in the US.

Why are European car so small and eco-friendly?

Cars and fuel are expensive, city streets are narrow, country roads are windie. Neighbouring cities (even countries) are located nearby in US terms.

Its not just European-made cars, the Japanese car industry was built on the same preferences.

See Google Earth Streetview for a tour of an average European city (exclude the capitals and those re-modelled after WWII). Try a "drive" across the centre of Bordeaux or Seville. Beautiful, but only suited to little Fiats or Nissans.

Try driving an F150 here:

Italy-Narrow-Roads.aspx

Our cities were largely built before cars were around. Where I live in Europe there are car parks and roads I can't drive my family car down, and that would be considered a 'small SUV' in the US.

That wouldn't be a subcompact in the US. You would only drive that car in the US if you had extremely bad credit.

Why is "petrol" so expensive there?

That wouldn't be a subcompact in the US. You would only drive that car in the US if you had extremely bad credit.

Why is "petrol" so expensive there?

I get the impression for a rich American you haven't seen much of Europe?

You should visit us sometime now that the dollar is so strong (y)

I get the impression for a rich American you haven't seen much of Europe?

You should visit us sometime now that the dollar is so strong (y)

I Avoid major cities like the plague. I like Germany and scandinavia.(y)