What is pinned above your trading desk?

I dont keep any trading related stuff above my desk. Dont want the wife to know i
trade! (atleast until i make my first million).

Anyway the question made me recall this picture ive seen of Paul Turdor Jones (of Market
Wizards Fame), whos trading style was to buy bottoms (and sell tops) by repeatedly buying,
taking small losses, and retrying again until he manages to catch the turning point.

http://www.streetstories.com/images/ptj_2.jpg

The temptation to average losers must be very great with his style of trading.

What do I have on the wall above my trading desk?

A huge 3-D colour relief map of New Caledonia (large island in the French South-West Pacific)

:cool:

Why? Because the place has always fascinated me, and I harbour a distant goal, which is to relocate to a luxury apartment in Noumea (the capital), and set-up as on overseas trader!

You've got to have a dream....if you don't have a dream....How you gonna make a dream come true? :D :D :D :D

2 lines-Trade what you see, and 10 points out = close.
I've lost a lot of money trading what I expected to happen

A post it with "sit up straight" written on it. I tend to slouch at the PC, which is bad for you..... ;)

I have a cheap copy of Monet's 'Boulevard De Pontoise A Argentuil' (if it isn't a copy my wife is a serious big time art thief or BLOODY good at paint by numbers).
Above that I have a ceiling, I find it helps keep the rain off.
Dave

re

Stop Gambling and don't Trade with your Ego.
Wish it was that easy though.

DavidS said:
A post it with "sit up straight" written on it. I tend to slouch at the PC, which is bad for you..... ;)

LOL - reading that made me sit up straight - I do exactly the same thing David.

What is pinned above your trading desk?

An "economic news release calendar", and a print-off of descriptions/gradings of how significant each economic news release historically tends to be and also a description of what it is. This enables me to feel feel more knowledgeable and better prepared.

I think this information was acquired from www.briefing.com .

Cheers
jtrader.

Last edited: