What drives the fx market?

Do you recommend any website to follow the news related with this market? Thanks!

Forexfactory.com
fxstreet.com
Try not to second guess it with dynamic news, you WILL got FORKED over. Just don't trade arond big news items like "Bernanke speaks" Or US emplyment figures.

it's the imbalance of the international development which lead to the changes in supply and demand of related currencies, which affected the forex market price.

I went to this thing with ben broadbent and he had some interesting ideas on exchange rate elasticity and export/corporate activity. All very interesting really.

One perception I refuse to subscribe to though, is that FX is affected by market psychology in the same way as ES for example. FX markets have a completely different purpose, function and set of players and I really can't see it.

In summation... not really.

All imo of course and I'm sh*t/lazy/scared/poor remember so what the hell do I know?

Is this the Iranian Embassy?
Kenny Everret 1981:p

In my humble opinion, Forex market is mainly affected for "the way" economic news and events, retail order flows, general crow sentiments, etc... are interpreted (and played) for the "Big Fishes", as they are the ones that really make the charts for us.....
Every time, any pattern, candlestick formation, Support and Resistance level appears in one of our charts.... it is them, drawing it for us with their massive orders hitting the market in the key spots...
anytime have you watched price reacting in the total opposite way of the "logical" direction in any strong news release?.....
That's a clear example, that a news release itself and its outcome is not the important thing... but the interpretation of it (not for the retail traders) from institutions, banks, etc, etc....
Only my 2 cents :)

Someone earlier posted gammajammer's market participants article but also recommend his other articles...
A Day in the Life of a FX Spot Desk Trader (Part 1)

Great read for institutional perspective.

Edit:
To add I was told to see the movements of the fx market as the big guys looking for liquidity to complete their orders, which an earlier post alluded to re not having same level of pschological input as other markets.

Last edited: