Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Use of Multi's warning followed by ban for further use

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Use of Multi's withdrawal of posting facility /read only

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Use of multi's no action

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
"....not voting is also in a way....a form of vote.." .... that's what I have just said ...the silent majority care not enough to make a simple click...

...the point I was trying to make is that perhaps some may decide that the issue is not worth bothering to vote for...

...by the way please don't consider this as my opinion that issue you have raised is not worth bothering about...

"the silent majority care not enough to make a simple click."

"the point I was trying to make is that perhaps some may decide that the issue is not worth bothering to vote for".

spot the difference... is there any ?

...yes there is a subtle one....

you are ASKING/TELLING people to simply click and vote...

...but some are thinking that issue is NOT WORTH VOTING....

This is a reflection of what goes on in society at large; everyone wants rules enforced and a smooth running country but no one bothers to do anything about it. Even casting a vote is too much effort, yet you will find that those that do not exercise their democratic rights are the ones that complain the most. Since the poll started we have had less than 50 votes yet their are more than 20,000 members.

It might seem that the lack of votes renders the issue insignificant but I very much doubt that.

As with general or local elections, Lion, voter indifference is not always apathy regarding issues - it also sometimes stems from the belief that one bunch are as bad the others - if you cannot discern a eorthy candidate then is voting for the one you dislike the least a sensible option?
I've actually only just noticed this thread, and voted, and I've been on and off regularly for several days now... perhaps there are a lot of users who just haven't noticed it - "What do you want" could be total trivia, so some readers will probably skip it due to the title...
Dave
Dave

In this instance the options are issues and not people besides, there are 4 options. In the event that this does not suffice, the individual is free to post their view(s).

Lion,
yes, I was responding to your coment:-

"This is a reflection of what goes on in society at large; everyone wants rules enforced and a smooth running country but no one bothers to do anything about it."

- rather than just the issue of why so few voted in this poll.

Dave

It's been my experience that on the majority of websites (no matter whom they are aimed at) very few people will ever register a vote on any issue. Therefore, the fact that few people have voted does not mean that the issue is not of interest.

Polls are usually seen as an attractive addition to any site; it's intriguing that few people ever choose to vote.