• Use of Multi's warning followed by ban for further use

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Use of Multi's withdrawal of posting facility /read only

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Use of multi's no action

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

chump

Ok, this is Paul's site ,but he has shown himself responsive to the wishes of members in the past..so why don't you take a moment to cast your vote and tell him what you want...

This site is plagued by a rash of idiots using multiple nicknames etc..... so do you want them to stay , or do you want them to go and on what basis do you want that decision to be made..

Here you are ... a free lesson in perceptual bias... why have I listed the 4 options in that particular order ;)

Can I change the number of alternatives offered ?...I'd like to offer one more option based on surgery ...

I thought multiples were already banned. Or is it OK if it's just a laugh :LOL: and not intended to deceive :devilish:

dislecksia rools ;)

Oatman ,
Having now read the rules :eek: the poll may be an indicator as to whether the current rules may be amended to to make an automatic ban ... er automatic .. or maybe to give moderators the ammo to apply the rules more 'firmly' ?

I once set up an alto-ego character on the Motley Fool and was detected and the account disabled within hours. A nice email from TMFGrow then followed.

On this site I have been flamed by persons I know are using multiple logins and after complaints no one has done a thing...

Like I have said on a proir post this site now isn't what it was.

JonnyT

LOL.... We've got one vote for no action..now if I'd been sneaky and made this an open poll we could have killed two bird with one stone... ;)

Moved to the Feedback forum...

As always good to receive some feedback, and happy to discuss.

The issue of multiple accounts has been addressed in the new site guidelines, which I'm sure you are aware is accessible from the Community dropdown -> FAQ -> Site Guidelines, here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/faq.php?faq=faq_site_guidelines

1.1 Members are permitted to have only one account each. If you forget your login details or wish to change your user name then email T2W for help, please do not simply re-register. Anyone found using multiple accounts will be warned and have all additional accounts deleted. Further violations of this rule will result in the member being banned.

We are aware of a few members who are currently in violation of this rule, as well as other rules stated in the guidelines. We've not acted on them immediately as we wanted to give everyone enough time to familiarise themselves with the new rules. However, the cooling off period has near enough elapsed and we'll be acting on the guidelines to make sure they are followed. We've already taken action on the new signature rules:

9.2 It is not permitted to use the signatures to advertise. Signatures may not include any link, identifiable URL or email address. Identifying your company is not permitted unless the principal reason for using the site is the representation of the company to address members’ questions and support issues. Members may include details of their website in their personal profiles.

And those that still haven't updated their signature, despite a polite request, we'll have no choice but to update them ourselves.

I am glad to see that T2W's policy is that there should only be one username.

To be honest, it would be commercial suicide for T2W to have any policy which allows multi-user names.

Why?

Because if any company wishes to advertise on this site, they would be very pleased to know that there are 24,000 registered users. This figure may seduce them to part with some cash and advertise on the site.

Less happy, however, if they thought that there might be only 1 genuine registered user with 23,999 usernames !

(I know of one website where the owner / administarator would register new members everyday under different usernames, ......all in fact him!)

We are all supposed to be mature individuals striving for the same thing - Making money in the financial markets without stress; as such it is hard to understand why any individual(s) would choose to have multiple accounts. What purpose does it serve? We can all have a laugh and learn at the same time if we are honest, polite and objective.

There is no room for the difficult, abrasive or nuisances. Everyone knows the rules and it should be 1 strike and you are out. The poll clearly shows this.

"We are all supposed to be mature individuals "... if this were true I have died and gone to heaven and we would not be conducting this excercise.

"We are all supposed to be mature individuals ".... ha what a parody this statement is this morning

Chump

chump said:
"We are all supposed to be mature individuals ".... ha what a parody this statement is this morning

Hi Chump, Great thread ,what's your vote and why?

Regards

This issue does not seem to be of much relevance to the majority of members - what a pity. Maybe the majority are content to keep reading posts that are rude and sometimes even malicious. Or if I were to be cynical, it might well be that quite a few engage in this devious practise which some are intent in outlawing. Would it not be better for them if they were to cast their votes for option 'D' as one individual has chosen to do?

Gardan,
I will lay it out for you.... I could not care less whether people using multi nicks have deceit in their actions ... I can evaluate their contribution (if that is the right word) , take it ,discard it or whatever.... what does concern me is their actions inevitably cause the data (other posts) to get sidetracked from the discussions underway ..in other words the data to evaluate or that is worth evaluating just dries up so here I am reading ,evaluating the content of some discussion and before it can be taken further it is destroyed so my prior time and effort is for nothing on occasion... now that really bothers me to the point that if it increases anymore I would simply stop logging on..

I voted for surgical excision of their brain..but then realised what a redundant action that would be....

Chump

chump said:
Gardan,
I will lay it out for you.... I could not care less whether people using multi nicks have deceit in their actions ... I can evaluate their contribution (if that is the right word) , take it ,discard it or whatever.... what does concern me is their actions inevitably cause the data (other posts) to get sidetracked from the discussions underway ..in other words the data to evaluate or that is worth evaluating just dries up so here I am reading ,evaluating the content of some discussion and before it can be taken further it is destroyed so my prior time and effort is for nothing on occasion... now that really bothers me to the point that if it increases anymore I would simply stop logging on..

I voted for surgical excision of their brain..but then realised what a redundant action that would be....

Chump, with all due respect , I think we will have to agree to disagree on this point. I would find it difficult to belive the quality of any discussion if I thought the guy/gal was playing good cop bad cop and debating his/her own topic. It's just my view but looking at your poll????
I would like to point out this has no reference whatsoever to any current thread on this site.

Incidentally did you vote?

Just a thought but if someone on this site had 20 nik's he could make a farce of your poll if he/she wished could he not,thus making every poll on this site worthless!
I for one would hate to see that happen.

Kind Regards

"I would find it difficult to belive the quality of any discussion if I thought the guy/gal was playing good cop bad cop and debating his/her own topic."....

so the source of the data is important to you ? OK, Mickey Mouse tells you the stock price of DELL is $30 , along comes Warren Buffet the supremo of investors who also tells you the price of DELL is $30....the factual data that the stock price is $30 has not changed can we agree on that ? ...but I bet you did not believe Mickey Mouse did you ? or at least you did not if you maintain the argument you are using ...you see you are reacting to what is not relevant and to be frank if you can't see that it will cost you money... simple as that

Chump

chump said:
"I would find it difficult to belive the quality of any discussion if I thought the guy/gal was playing good cop bad cop and debating his/her own topic."....

so the source of the data is important to you ? OK, Mickey Mouse tells you the stock price of DELL is $30 , along comes Warren Buffet the supremo of investors who also tells you the price of DELL is $30....the factual data that the stock price is $30 has not changed can we agree on that ? ...but I bet you did not believe Mickey Mouse did you ? or at least you did not if you maintain the argument you are using ...you see you are reacting to what is not relevant and to be frank if you can't see that it will cost you money... simple as that

Chump, yes you are right I would not believe the guy with the big Ear's, I would probably go ask the guy with the big teeth!

As you have posted on your thread "Serious Question" you do not like threads turning into Tit for Tat, may we please just agree to disagree?

Incidentally did you vote? sorry I already asked that.

Regards Gary

I voted automatic ban ... I'm not interested in rehabilitation..there's no evidence to show it works

Well if we consider the size of the membership and the number who actually bothered to vote I think it's hard to arrive at any conclusion other than the majority of people in general don't care about this issue