Weekly forecast for S&P 500

I just don't see much to sustain any rally. I'm going to say 1070 for this week.

Peter

Not really sure at this point as I went on a trip this weekend and didn't look at anything market related. if it makes it above 1110 then I think 1140 will happen so I will just take the easy way out at the moment and say 1141.36:cheesy:

Same here, off for this weekend and with no laptops or anything related to keep track of the market. Agree with several of you, this weekend will be like flipping a coin and maybe we will stall at 1065 for next friday. Good luck on your trading, believe we will need it.

I think that head and shoulders top pattern on the weekly chart might try for a right shoulder this week keeping all the put options out of profits.

....i'll say short covering to 1143

Completely right, couldnt agree more, Ms. Market want to test 1150 thats my bet and hopefully dont get worst bid for this week. :) Maybe rules on this thread should be changed to try to be more accurate and help each other a bit more. Maybe weekly forecasts are way to distant taking into account the volatility prevailing in the market.

For Week Ending Friday 18th June

Looks like hwsteele and Buy The Dips are the ones to get the direction right and nearest is hwsteele and therefore the winner of last week's comp. You're the champ again !!

The rules
To keep it as simple as possible I thought the first filter should be to get the right direction and then if 2 or more achieve that feat the nearest to the close on Friday would be the winner.
Hopefully the forecast will be made before the market opens on Monday.
Hope all agree ?

Ok Pat, but what you mean saying to get the right direction? Say, I already gave my forecast 1150, so, what I mean is that the trend is up for next week, obviously cant be to the downside, and that number by itself is more uptrending than lateralizing. Also agree, valid forecasts should be posted before opening bell on monday.

Ok Pat, but what you mean saying to get the right direction? Say, I already gave my forecast 1150, so, what I mean is that the trend is up for next week, obviously cant be to the downside, and that number by itself is more uptrending than lateralizing. Also agree, valid forecasts should be posted before opening bell on monday.

yes, by right direction I mean up or down on the week. After all that is the basics of making money at this game imho. Glad you are ok on the simple rules.

good luck for next week

my forecast is up at 1151

For Week Ending Friday 25th June

A close contest but wackypete is just a bit closer than N. Rothschild and therefore declared the winner of last week's comp. Good one

:clap:

Actually i won, seeing im going by the futures as who cares about the cash!

1074.75 close, I WIN I WIN I WIN

Guys, I don't trade the S&P but I do follow it (as everyone should) and this looks a bit of fun - my entry No.1, for next week I say we're going lower, to close Friday at 1062.1