Weekly forecast for S&P 500 cash 2011

Sorry just hitting my office, was out for the weekend, 1140 if my guess still counts in.

average = 1159
wt av = 1157
up 2
down 8
highest 1205
lowest 1124
mid 1164

softlee softlee catchee monkey
:smart:

Markets are unreal. I am glad I am not involved in the emini yet. Can anyone refer me to a good broker that offers a low starting margin?

Me either, I just play Mexico IPC, good luck. On the other hand, thanks Pat for including my guess.

Is it about 10% and they pull the plug ?

Odumbo is completely out of touch - thinks the USA is still high rated. Perhaps somebody ought to tell him ?

Was busy with other stuff today and just seen where things finished. 1040 area next....

Should be a volatile day today. How do I know ? Finspreads have pulled the plug on dealing ! They do when it gets rough.

Should be a volatile day today. How do I know ? Finspreads have pulled the plug on dealing ! They do when it gets rough.

I had that on Monday with them. They wouldn't let me sell part of my S&P position that I had open. It just kept saying the market had moved since I pressed the button. So I had to use a stop about about 5 points below the actual price to get them to close it and then the online platform said phone only after that. That's the problem with the SB companies when it gets volatile, they just won't let you trade, which is why stops and limits are so important with them IMO.

I had that on Monday with them. They wouldn't let me sell part of my S&P position that I had open. It just kept saying the market had moved since I pressed the button. So I had to use a stop about about 5 points below the actual price to get them to close it and then the online platform said phone only after that. That's the problem with the SB companies when it gets volatile, they just won't let you trade, which is why stops and limits are so important with them IMO.

Quite right m8
Here is the position currently with phone only

Attachments

• Fins.png
    Fins.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 121
For Week Ending Friday 12th August at 1178.8

Name...........Call.........Direction.......Podium .........sub Total……………Total

Pat494…………..1161……..…..1………………….2…………………….3……………… . ...12
Gaffs1964……..1150…………..1……………..….0…………….……..1…………… … .…..11
robster970…….1130……………1………….………0…………………….1…………..… …. ..11
wackypete2.…1162……………1……….…………3……….………..…4………….…… …….7
dpinpon........1140..........1...............0.. ..............1...................5
Av………………..1159…….…….1…………………..1…………………….2……….…... …. …5
Isatrader……….1205.….………0………………….0…………………….0……………… … ….4
Atilla…………….1200…………..0………………….0…………………….0……………………… 4
Wt av…………...1157.………..1…….…….……..0………………..….1……….…… …… ..3
Tim3............////..........0...............0.................0...................2
Rathcoole exile.1124.........1................0.................1..................1

Pete takes the honours ( honors) this week by pipping me by 1 point. Give Polly an extra peanut from me m8. The fundamentals are calling the shots imho but it's not so easy to see what is already priced in. Lots of selling on the rumour tho.

:clap:

Last edited:
Interesting that the averages aren't doing too well in this climate.

Nice one Pete - about time you had a win.