isatrader.......1262............0.................................0…………………..0
wackypete2....1260............0.................................0………………….0
hwsteele.......1263............0.................................0………………….0
Gaffs1964……..1267……………..0………………………………………..0…………………..0
tar………………..1258……………..0………………………………………..0…………………..0
Samspade79…..1260…………….0…………………………………………0……………………0
pharma……………1231.5………..0………………………………………..0………….……….0
av…….......….…1263…...…….0….............………………………0………......…..0

1300 by Tuesday. (Just saying it so when it happens I can go told you so)
1323 by Friday.

Last edited:
Seven up weeks in a row and the market is up 27.9% since the July low. This market is getting very old. It’s survived various diseases, but nothing lives forever and it will simply die of old age.

CAUTION

Caution indicates a neutral stance on the stock market; stocks could be up one day down the next; if improving conditions continue, an upgrade is probable.

The Market Barometer Forecast is a product of the models that run at particular times of the day, like pre-open, open, post open, etc. The Forecast can be positive, caution, or negative.
CHALKBOARD

Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:14p ET

Model data shows the trigger is nearly set for a Forecast change to positive.

Could come soon!!!

In the meantime, we do have a good market, just be cautious.

Barometer Chart: market study

POSITIVE

A positive Barometer Leading Indicator (BLI) suggests that a more sustainable positive U.S. stock market; support/ resistance levels are being tested with positive results; conditions continue to improve causing the model to suggest further upgrades to the forecast.

Market Barometer Leading Indicator is a product of the models that run at particular times of the day. midday, pre close, and post close are some of the scheduled run times. The Leading Indicator can be positive, neutral, or negative.

POSITIVE

A Positive Bias indicates conditions continue to improve with the probability of further upgrades.

Just surfing around the web I found these comments.

average = 1292
weighted av = 1316

Attachments

• calcs.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 238
I thought to make the thread more interesting I would include any good articles / charts etc. about the S&P500 that I come across.

Hope others will do the same

A number of banks are scheduled to release results on Wednesday, including Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS - news) which analysts expect to report a fall in quarterly profit by roughly half due to the same adverse fixed income trading environment that hurt Citigroup (NYSE: C - news) 's results a day earlier. [ID:nN18199881]

* Goldman is likely to post earnings of about $3.76 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

* State Street (NYSE: STT - news) , U.S. Bancorp , Bank of New York Mellon and Wells Fargo (Dusseldorf: NWT.DU - news) are also set to report numbers on Wednesday, along with technology firm eBay .