Weekly forecast for S&P 500 cash 2011

It's not like people didn't know that the US is up to the eyeballs in debt. Just a news driven reaction IMO.

The Euro is pretty well bust too. When Ireland, Greece etc. have spent their new loans they will be back for yet another hand out. The Germans are going to realize fairly sonn imho that they should be put in Euro B club for the less able.

Once the ECB signals they can handle defaults, they'll come thick and fast.........

US is a different scale of problem altogether given its reserve currency status.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_American_debt_crisis

It'll be the same in Europe as it was in Latin America. Default, stagnation, explosive growth.

Agreed. Which leads on to the question of what to do for the average Joe ?

Some would say put your spare dosh into gold etc ?

Agreed. Which leads on to the question of what to do for the average Joe ?

Some would say put your spare dosh into gold etc ?

USD. I think the 'world' has accepted that it's the only game in town. Gold is just an inflationary hedge.

At least gold is solid unlike paper and promises

Sleeping on it might not be so comfortable tho !!

At least gold is solid unlike paper and promises

Sleeping on it might not be so comfortable tho !!

It is inherently useless though - it is just an alternative means of exchange but it's inherent qualities are fairly arbitrary in the same way a fiat currency is.........

It is inherently useless though - it is just an alternative means of exchange but it's inherent qualities are fairly arbitrary in the same way a fiat currency is.........

Ooohhhh, I disagree there! Try buying your wife/girlfriend some gold...THEN come back and tell me if it's still useless :cheesy:

Peter

Ooohhhh, I disagree there! Try buying your wife/girlfriend some gold...THEN come back and tell me if it's still useless :cheesy:

Peter

That's only because they are socially conditioned to believe it has intrinsic value. I could achieve a better result by giving the Mrs £1k and telling her to buy herself something nice.

For Week Ending Friday 22nd April at 1337.4

Name...........Call.........Direction.......Podium .........sub Total……………Total

Wackypete2….1300…………….0………………….0……………………….0………….……… ……4
Gaffs1964…….1335……………..1……………………3……………………..4………………… …….4
Axp……………….1309…………….0…………………..0………………………0…………….………. .3
Pat494………….1331………….….1…………………..2……………………..3……………… ……..3
Isatrader……….1325.……………1……………………0……………………..1………………… …….2
Av………………….1319…………….0…………………..0……………………..0……….…………. …0
Robster970……1315…………….0……………………0……………………..0…………..……… .…0
Wt av……………1304………………0……………………0………………………0………………………..0

Well done Gaffs - now you are flying

:clap:

Since it failed to break significantly below 1300 area I think we move onwards and upwards from here.

1350 for me

Peter

Oooo - nice to be at this end of the table!
I'm going a little down this week (no doubt my league position will follow suit!)
1312 me thinks.
good luck :)