Weekend Idle Chatter about trading or whatever.

Pat494 said:
ha ha ha good ones

Hows about Baldric ( aka Tony Robinson NEC member & brains of New Labour ) " I have a cunning plan master"

I'm sure there are lots of Baldrics lurking in the corridors of power.

I wish you hadn't started this, I keep trying to clear this vision of Barrymore meeting George W.

Allwight.....Mind the swimming pool.

Mr. Charts said:
Anyone who trusts a politician is either too young or too naive to learn from experience.
But isn't there a cycle of politicians trying to offer hope over experience the closer we get to a general election?
I'm 60 and cannot remember a good government in my whole lifetime, only cycles of hope and disappointment
Richard

Hmmm there's a trend in there somewhere Mr C ;)

Anyway, who was the wit on here that said we should get rid of all our MP's and replace them with polish ones, then we could just pay them 5 grand a year each.

dd

What what I've seen, Polish workers in the UK really work, especially the pole dancers.
Richard

Crikey,
about 5 pages later I log back on...
I'm English, but moved here in 1979, because the RAF posted me here... 1 year away since then, even after retiring (Admittedly my summer hols are nicer these days) <g>
Brown - the bit that gets me is the idea that Tony gets to pick his successor (I doubt Gordon is REALLY his first choice, I get the impression he'd choose Hannibal Lector in preference but a deal is a deal). I thought it was the Monarchy who assumed this sort of power transfer was the done thing?

Ref Maggie and the Spitting Image - the absolute tops for me in describing the status back then was when the cabinet were eating and Maggie orders something like a raw steak, and the waiter says 'and the vegetables?' To which Maggie briefly glances at the cabinet and replies 'they'll have the same too'. (Excuse possible misquotes). Only ever topped IMO by the entire program spent lampooning Ronnie Reagan that included his ordering SAC aristrikes against Wile E Coyote...

Who gives a hoot anyway - politicos are oriented towards being politicos - that's priority 1 through 58 sorted, they're too busy staying in power (they're doing so much good they need to ensure that continues, so their less effective and far less noble opponents don't get in and ruin the country) to actually deal with issues sensibly - ie take tough decisions when they need to.

Disgusted,
Tonbridge Wells

Who gives a hoot anyway

Quite frankly I do not care a hoot about British politics and I will never vote in such a ridiculous contest even if it is made obligatory.

People can always leave the country if they are unhappy about the political system / politics....

I spent more than 25 very happy years living overseas before returning to these shores and I think the UK is a great country in which to live as I do many other countries.

The UK does have a lot going for it despite the politicians.

Just ignore the sons of britches and carry on chaps ( and chapettes ).

Mr. Charts said:
What what I've seen, Polish workers in the UK really work, especially the pole dancers.
Richard

Polishing poles? :cheesy:

Mr C

Didn't Brown sell Britains gold reserves around the lows when the smart money was positioning to buy?

millsy500 said:
Mr C

Didn't Brown sell Britains gold reserves around the lows when the smart money was positioning to buy?

He kindly gave everyone 2 weeks notice that he was intending to sell British gold. Maybe the dummie didn't realise the price would drop dramatically. Some Chancellor. Imo he was lucky the country has done quite well, in spite of his feeble efforts.

All depends on what he really wanted. He probably knows what happens when the price of Gold drops. Maybe not such a dummie?

Pat494 said:
He kindly gave everyone 2 weeks notice that he was intending to sell British gold. Maybe the dummie didn't realise the price would drop dramatically. Some Chancellor. Imo he was lucky the country has done quite well, in spite of his feeble efforts.

He sold half of British Gold reserves in 1999, around 415 tonnes, when the price was at its lows, to do what with i don't know. To fund public spending maybe?

Attachments

• gold.gif
    gold.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 137
Connie Brown said:
All depends on what he really wanted. He probably knows what happens when the price of Gold drops. Maybe not such a dummie?

Yeah probably bought US dollars :cheesy:

I see the EU are hoping that all member countries stockpile their gold reserves in Frankfurt.
Never see it again probably !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My England - worth a thousand words :)
Richard

Attachments

• my england.jpg
    my england.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 179
.........we'll see, Andrew.
Sipping dolce cinnamon frapuccino in the garden with my son........my version of gone fishin'..........;-)
Richard