Week 17th - 27th July

Where do you see Cable towards the end of the week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to hear about your loss. Trend following approach as you have indicated produce very good reults, and your night trade system has proven to be profitable. Trend following strategies will always have drawdown on trend riversal days, when a trade is stopped even with a sizable SL. One cannot forgett that, profits are made by riding the beast in the direction it travells, and when it turnes, it does so without our assistance, though it would be nice to know when it is likely to happen. So far currencies have tended to trend reasonably well on many time frames and on this account there is no reason why your strategy should not compensate for the few lost trades. Wishing you and others many well netted trades.
2be

Hi 2be,

Thanks for the reassurance. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not unhappy at all with my system - not in the slightest. 1 loss in a month isn't bad going and it's still averaging around 58 pips per week.

Taking the loss today hasn't knocked my confidence at all, or made me question it. I've been quite non-plussed by the loss, which is good really. It must show that I have come to terms with my trading 'expenses'. :D

A few months ago, this thread had up to 50 viewers at any one time during the UK day.
Now there tends to be only around 5 viewers at any one time.
Where has everyone gone? Have they all quit trading, or just quit T2W?

A few months ago, this thread had up to 50 viewers at any one time during the UK day.

I think it's just because it's the silly season - holidays and all that. The site is generally a lot quieter at the moment - I don't think it's particular to this thread.

Trendie - Zuke is still around on the site, he was on yesterday pm. Not sure why he's not visiting the thread - Maybe he's not trading forex at the moment? :eek:

bored, bored, bored:

the Members page shows 30 entries per page:
the number of members that "last visit" was within this month: 2,100 approx (30 pages).
the number of members that "last visit" was this year: 14,580 approx (486 pages)

only about 20% of the 70K or so visited this year.
only about 3% visited within last month.

is it just me or are the better trade entries happening about 4am these days?
I need an automatic widget to trade for me.

I think it's just because it's the silly season - holidays and all that. The site is generally a lot quieter at the moment - I don't think it's particular to this thread.

Trendie - Zuke is still around on the site, he was on yesterday pm. Not sure why he's not visiting the thread - Maybe he's not trading forex at the moment? :eek:

Maybe so, or perhaps everyones jumped ship/quit trading.

PS. random fact - i just stumbled upon your Forexfactory profile, when searching the member list :) .

bored, bored, bored:

the Members page shows 30 entries per page:
the number of members that "last visit" was within this month: 2,100 approx (30 pages).
the number of members that "last visit" was this year: 14,580 approx (486 pages)

only about 20% of the 70K or so visited this year.
only about 3% visited within last month.

is it just me or are the better trade entries happening about 4am these days?
I need an automatic widget to trade for me.

I did a similar analysis when bored a few months back.
A large % of members have not posted anything.
An even larger % have posted less than 10 posts etc.
Probably 80% of the 70,000 have long since dissappeared and never contributed to T2W.

I did a similar analysis when bored a few months back.
A large % of members have not posted anything.
An even larger % have posted less than 10 posts etc.
Probably 80% of the 70,000 have long since dissappeared and never contributed to T2W.

It's just a few die hard traders, like us lot, that keep things going.

However when you think about those statistics, it sort of represents trading as a whole. The accepted statistics say that 90% of traders fail and give up and only 10% succeed. So it's more than likely that the members who have disappeared of T2W have given up on trading as well. :rolleyes:

well it fell lol :D looks like i may be able to go back to position trading again now...... + 78 pips on cable and a target of sub 2.000 (i hope anyway) bills to pay lol.

hope everyone else is having a good day in the market?

Possibly they are trading and do not have time to post, are on holiday or have taken some time off to regroup.

or opened a journal, are child minding, and moved up a couple of time frames (i.e. getting a longer chain to the chair :cheesy: )

or opened a journal, are child minding, and moved up a couple of time frames (i.e. getting a longer chain to the chair :cheesy: )

We should have a pact and say if we are giving up trading for good or just going out to wonder in the wilderness.

I'm going out to walk Atilla. I may be some time... :cheesy:

Big question is will 2.05 hold. If it goes below 2.0480 I'll be looking to short down to 2.040... Any guesses...

A lot of posters seemed to disappear when T2W was relaunched, which is odd... or not.

It's as if the earth is really flat and they simply got washed away at the end...

I've decide to go short. Would like to see 2.05 tested. I've pencilled in 2.0480 and then 2.0420... :rolleyes:

Well tonight I have a short trade - in at 2.0540 - just after 22.30pm (22.20pm for the recorded trade was at 2.0537 - so I've managed to get 3 pips better than the trade will record).

I'll update this just after 7.40am tomorrow morning.

Well tonight I have a short trade - in at 2.0540 - just after 22.30pm (22.20pm for the recorded trade was at 2.0537 - so I've managed to get 3 pips better than the trade will record).

I'll update this just after 7.40am tomorrow morning.

Today I exited at 7.29am - just because I got to the computer early and saw that I was in profit - my usual Jilly trait :mad: :devilish: . Anyhow today it played in my favour with +48 pips in total from my overnight trade.:cheesy: :LOL:

The system exit at 7.40am recorded +25 pips - this is what will go down in the book that I keep to calculate the system profitability and win/loss ratio.

Today I exited at 7.29am - just because I got to the computer early and saw that I was in profit - my usual Jilly trait :mad: :devilish: . Anyhow today it played in my favour with +48 pips in total from my overnight trade.:cheesy: :LOL:

The system exit at 7.40am recorded +25 pips - this is what will go down in the book that I keep to calculate the system profitability and win/loss ratio.

:D i like that system of yours :D nice one again :D