Wedges and trendline breaks

posted this chart on pozzyp journal by accident

reset my lower line on cable looking for a short here
eur1.gif

price came up to touch major trend line on eur/usd, price could turn around here lookin for lower lows and lower highs for entry

991.gif

short eur/usd 12273 stop 12306

fingers crosses

stopped out, shame should have given the stop a little more room but such is life

move on

Last edited:
looking to short the eur/usd 12273 order in

View attachment 83986

Mate just as a suggestion price hasn't made a lower low here. This is a higher low and you have actually shorted the forming of the lower low, if you had waited for the lower low and then taken the short at the breach of that the trade might not have triggered. Also when price turns around from making hh hl to lh ll try pacing the stop above the hh and not the pullback. I usually use pullbacks for break outs not a change in direction. Hope that makes sense, just how I view it nothing wrong it what you’ve done just thought it might of been of interest.(y)

hi mate how was your day , been out all day so just back and thanks for the analysis, just to clarify what you are saying
should i have shorted 12258 instead 12273? is that a proper LL ?

where i shorted was the low of the pull back?

i like to short the 123 reversal signal that is what i was using ,perhaps my stop was to tight and i agree it should be over the old high but i am trying to keep things tight, may get hit more often but when you get a runner then this recovers all very quickly

interesting chart on the 4hour here on aud/usd

eur1.gif

hoping for price to turn here

interesting chart on the 4hour here on aud/usd

View attachment 84160

hoping for price to turn here

Hi Pat

on my chart it looks like its broke the line. Not really seeing much movement at the moment. I expect it to go through at pace on a slope that angle.

If you look at the swing points they show a different story at the moment on the daily it is showing higher lows and potentially higher highs. The last retracement failed to hit the bottom trendline and therefore is likely to push higher. Another example is eurusd.

Attachments

• audusdswings.jpg
    audusdswings.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 153
  • EURUSD.jpg
    EURUSD.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Hi Pat

on my chart it looks like its broke the line. Not really seeing much movement at the moment. I expect it to go through at pace on a slope that angle.

morning mate,

just carrying on up at the moment, no resitence at all, maybe a double top at the 50 area

everything seems o be in a corrective mode at the moment and i am finding it hard to jusdge the trends, it seems everything is changing a little and with non farm tomorrow we could see rallies all day, just my opinion

what you looking at today?

I think what you're looking for in order to see a retracement is the first example where price manages to retrace back to the line, but as you can see in the second picture has failed on the downside to retrace back to the bottom line and is therefore likely to break the upper trendline early.

Attachments

• Perfect wedge.bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 93
  • dangerous wedge.bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 105
i think we have been in a down trend for so long i have trained the brain only to look for shorts at this stage so need to start thinking again :cheesy:

cheers for the charts and patterns

will you be going long the eur/usd????

i think we have been in a down trend for so long i have trained the brain only to look for shorts at this stage so need to start thinking again :cheesy:

cheers for the charts and patterns

will you be going long the eur/usd????

I'm not long EURUSD, but i'm short USDCHF about 50 points higher. EURUSD looks like its struggling, but i'm hopeful by the end of the day it will break 1.2354. I'm finding it hard to go long EURUSD and trying to keep away from it.

just to follow up on on the aud/usd

i feel a major line in the sand for me is around the 8550/60 area as this is major prior support area which now could become resitence

Attachments

• 991.gif
    991.gif
    49.2 KB · Views: 161
an example of this was yesterday on cable which went down 200 points without me of course :) should never go out but this was a level i was interested in shorting

992.gif

decided to take that au/usd short and what a long boring day its been

anyway going to take profits now as i need to get to the airport

992.gif

well just getting back into the country and having a quick look over the charts, nfp does nt seem to have diasappointed again and finally push the euro lower also hammering aud/usd

so will be looking for some pullback on these pairs to short again

8300 level on aud/usd would be good place to look to short(propr support becoming resitence)

need a nice pullback on most pairs before we can go short again, defintly only looking for short at the moment and this has proved pretty good lately

Not sure if anyone trades GAPs tonight but there could be some big ones tonight usually after nfp when asian markets get there first chance to trade it

these gap trades have always closed the gap and massive profits very quickly if you have the nerve, you can trade them from 9pm on city index which i will be looking at

looking forward to tomorrow morning and i hope we can get some nice pips

eur/jpy looks very interesting to me its stuck in this channel and could be a good place to look for a turn around here if you want to go long in the market

could get a huge move back up on this with a tight stop

eur1.gif

eur2.gif

would love to see a 4th attempt of the trendline and this time break big time