Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit puzzled. I am not yet a vendor of anything related to trading. This seems to me to be a level of zero tolerance akin to expelling someone from school because his mother left the butter knife she used to spread the peanut butter on his sandwich in his lunchbox. It's happened here in the states.

However, I doubt the blow-back would be any worse. Of course, I could be wrong again. ;)

Do as seems right to you. When anyone mentions my vendor badge, I'll just point out to them that I am not yet a vendor of any trading products.

that's fine howard, non trading related is understood.

i think that draws a line under things, we can now get back to discussing iron condors and the like :D

Do as seems right to you. When anyone mentions my vendor badge, I'll just point out to them that I am not yet a vendor of any trading products.

Yea, but what you say now could be detrimental to when you actually sell your product. The massive issue most people have here is that you can't trade for 5 months and whack on a venders badge especially when it takes many years and years to get to the point of being able to sell their product. It's not like you've stumbled across the holy grail. You've sold vol for 5 months.

I'm more in the Reagan mode, "Trust, but verify."

Of course I'm always impressed by those hiding behind a pseudonym saying to some who does not that he is not to be trusted. Just saying.

I wonder how many here would stand up to the scrutiny of searches to see if they derived any income through advertised means if they were to use their real name? Just wondering.

Well I am glad your impressed. Its usually the snake oil sales men who like use their real name.

Yea, but what you say now could be detrimental to when you actually sell your product. The massive issue most people have here is that you can't trade for 5 months and whack on a venders badge especially when it takes many years and years to get to the point of being able to sell their product. It's not like you've stumbled across the holy grail. You've sold vol for 5 months.

EXACTLY! Its actually laughable. When i look back at stuff i thought was true about trading, compared to where i am now, it makes me humble.

EXACTLY! Its actually laughable. When i look back at stuff i thought was true about trading, compared to where i am now, it makes me humble.

It is positively scary doing that isn't it? When I think how little I knew about anything back then...:eek:.

that's fine howard, non trading related is understood.

i think that draws a line under things, we can now get back to discussing iron condors and the like :D

You may recall I was willing to accept a vendor badge early on but was advised against it. This is not something I have resisted. Perhaps I'm a bit ouchy these days, but it feels like the perception is that I'm being forced into something I was willing to accept. Seems unjust to me.

I'd love to get back to CSs and ICs, but I doubt I shall be permitted to do so.

You may recall I was willing to accept a vendor badge early on but was advised against it. This is not something I have resisted. Perhaps I'm a bit ouchy these days, but it feels like the perception is that I'm being forced into something I was willing to accept. Seems unjust to me.

Very bad Howie. You wouldn't get these endless rows if it wasn't for your mulish refusal to accept facts or acknowledge when you are wrong. That has been the main cause of your problems.

Seriously, I know I like to tangle with you, and you'll probably just ignore this. But forgetting the source, try to think if there's any truth in what I'm saying. You like to trumpet your reason and civility, but this very quickly goes out of the window when someone disagrees with you. We all get things wrong, but you cannot accept this - instead you dig your heels in. This aggravates people and makes you look ridiculous, because you do it over everything, even when it is painfully obvious that you are in the wrong. If you could bring yourself to say "I'm sorry, I got that one wrong" and lose your crazily pompous, pseudo-intellectual persona, you would win friends instead of alienating people.

Alternatively, just put me on ignore and blame me for my deficient "communication skills".

That's it, I've just found Midsomer Murders on Youtube. No more from me tonight.

Last edited:

sure, but you're not really being forced, and you are badged as "other" for the time being, which is generally accepted as non trading related. i think it's for the best under the circumstances of the scrutiny you are currently under.

of course you can carry on with your thread, just do it. they've had their fun. the discussions on your method are far more important than what multiple income streams you have dabbled with. when you decide it's time to go vendor on us we'll play that if/as and when that happens.

For those of you investigating me for vendor status or whatever, did you discover the following:
  1. A US Patent with my name on it
  2. A software product that encoded GIF files on-the-fly for internet and intranet applications. It incorporated a method that I discovered by accident that did the encoding without violating the patent held by Unisys. I sold this software to companies all over the world, including financial institutions and government agencies. The software is no longer sold as the patent has expired.

Regarding the GIF encoder, first Unisys said it couldn't be done. Then they said it probably violated the patent in a non-obvious way. Then they offered me a license at a 90% discount so that their other license holders would stop complaining.

I am not without some innovation chops. Whether I have done it again is in dispute. Only one here has generously offered to help prove that I have not. And I have offered my help to prove that I am wrong.

For those of you investigating me for vendor status or whatever, did you discover the following:
  1. A US Patent with my name on it
  2. A software product that encoded GIF files on-the-fly for internet and intranet applications. It incorporated a method that I discovered by accident that did the encoding without violating the patent held by Unisys. I sold this software to companies all over the world, including financial institutions and government agencies. The software is no longer sold as the patent has expired.

Regarding the GIF encoder, first Unisys said it couldn't be done. Then they said it probably violated the patent in a non-obvious way. Then they offered me a license at a 90% discount so that their other license holders would stop complaining.

I am not without some innovation chops. Whether I have done it again is in dispute. Only one here has generously offered to help prove that I have not. And I have offered my help to prove that I am wrong.

Holy-Facepalm.jpg

Absolutely. With all you have done to help me and with the civility you have shown, I could do no less. Besides, I want to know if I messed up.

There is no automated process that I am aware of to extract the data from TOS. I capture and save as a file each day's worth of data into a CSV file. Tell me the time frame you desire, the items you desire in addition to PoT and the index or indexes you would like. With respect to items, I would suggest at least bid, ask, PoT, volume and open interest. One of the items you might also like is probability of expiring. I can provide you with a menu.

If CSV is not your choice of format, I can reformat it to your specifications. Also, the captured files include all series. I could cut down the file size by processing them to remove extraneous data.
I will come back to you, Howard... I believe I have all the data myself and I would only want your version of the PoT to make sure we're all using the same parameters.

i think you may now need that vendor tag. even if its not trading related you have to have one if you have any commercial interests, amazon click throughs are commercial in my book. agreed?

An example of the T2W rule book at its finest.

A vendor comes along, pimping a training product and system, making wildly exaggerated claims of returns, pulling the usual vendor tricks, refusing to answer questions, and posting pretty pictures of silly software.

T2W do nothing.

On discovering he's an Amazon affiliate, he gets a vendor tag !

What happened, did he refuse to pay his protection money ?

An example of the T2W rule book at its finest.

A vendor comes along, pimping a training product and system, making wildly exaggerated claims of returns, pulling the usual vendor tricks, refusing to answer questions, and posting pretty pictures of silly software.

T2W do nothing.

On discovering he's an Amazon affiliate, he gets a vendor tag !

What happened, did he refuse to pay his protection money ?

There's always DT...

I suspect Howard doesn't have the backtest results - hence a bunch of strawmen will now be thrown at the request in order to drown it in nonsense.

Just a hunch.

Can I get an Amen ?

Holy Batman! I've just realised!

Howard is the new Spanish!

EDIT: Woah, just catching up, people actually buy that treadmill desk thing?!?

I thought it was just that Howard didn't have much room, and it was just him. Holy hell.

Last edited:
Holy Batman! I've just realised!

Howard is the new Spanish!

EDIT: Woah, just catching up, people actually buy that treadmill desk thing?!?

I thought it was just that Howard didn't have much room, and it was just him. Holy hell.

One of the reasons I agreed to do the video is that the reporter is gorgeous. But the cameraman she brought along is bigger than I am. :innocent:

One of the reasons I agreed to do the video is that the reporter is gorgeous. But the cameraman she brought along is bigger than I am. :innocent:

You can't see your own mistakes like a baboon can't see his own red ass!

baboon.jpg

Your strategy also has black swan written all over it, and i suspect that's how you'll come to your end.

21 JAN 2010 Expiration Report

21 JAN 2010 Expiration Report

PHP:
NDX Iron Condor 15 - Yield 63.8%
   35   CALL   4.2%   Expired
   33   PUT    8.1%   Rolled
   48   PUT    7.6%   Rolled
   52   PUT    1.0%   Closed - Error in entering spread
   64   PUT    5.3%   Rolled
   70   PUT    5.9%   Rolled
   74   PUT    5.6%   Rolled
   78   PUT    4.1%   Expired