VantagePoint software

Don't fall for the crap they tell you, VP is useless, I tried it for a year and a half and I was part of a bigger group that tested every possible way to use it. Flipping a coin will give you about the same results.

Could you post all these tests so we could have a look them. Maybe you did not fully understand how to use it.

Its easy to bag a product, but unless you can back it up with your test formulas and results what you say means nothing.

Please post these results fro us all to see. I am interested as VP work very well for me. And I can post my results good or bad.

Could you post all these tests so we could have a look them. Maybe you did not fully understand how to use it.

Its easy to bag a product, but unless you can back it up with your test formulas and results what you say means nothing.

Please post these results fro us all to see. I am interested as VP work very well for me. And I can post my results good or bad.

Patong,

There was a website called traderchat.com that VP ran. There were hundreds of people registered and there were many systems posted there that were tested, altered and retested for months on end. I spent literally months testing various systems. When it became apparent that none of them worked long term and people started becoming frustrated with VP they took the website down without notice therefore all that information is gone.

No offence to you but you havnt posted a system, you have posted some rules but nothing about exits in particular which leaves things vague to say the least. If you are exiting trades on discretion then that is not a 'system' that others can follow. If you can prove VP works then I'd be very happy but posting a few winning trades now and again is not proof.

Patong,

There was a website called traderchat.com that VP ran. There were hundreds of people registered and there were many systems posted there that were tested, altered and retested for months on end. I spent literally months testing various systems. When it became apparent that none of them worked long term and people started becoming frustrated with VP they took the website down without notice therefore all that information is gone.

No offence to you but you havnt posted a system, you have posted some rules but nothing about exits in particular which leaves things vague to say the least. If you are exiting trades on discretion then that is not a 'system' that others can follow. If you can prove VP works then I'd be very happy but posting a few winning trades now and again is not proof.

I did read some stuff on traderchat.com. I found most of what i read was in the negative, but also realised quickly that the people trying VP were not sticking to VPs rules and were rather trying to make something better or to fit there owm methods. Timeframes were also a big problem. I was a sucker who paid for the whole package, when in reality I only needed FX, Indices, Currency Futures, and Commodities. So as you can imagine I went into buyers remorse, big time. So I studied it for over one year before entering a trade. I have now made a very substantial amount to what I paid. I do not take every trade VP pops at me, but some have been very big, Would I have identified the trade without VP? I don't know.

With my exit strategy changes on the time frame i choose to trade. I can post a multi exit strategy if people need one. I keep my rules simple. Never let a good trade go bad. Cut your losses quickly. I will also to a teared buy/sell order. Such is: 1 lot divided into 5*2 and enter according to comfirmations and take profit at every 25 pips. Get your stop to in the money and let it ride. i also do this. Enter 50% then 30% then 20%. I a use candles alot and other indicators. VP IS ONLY ONE TOOL I USE, WHICH I FIND HELPFUL.

TODAY VP GAVE ME A SHORT ON THE USD/CAD. i never took due to the fact I am travelling at present. If I did i would have had a nice trade.

Here it is.

Entry about. 1.2328 stop would have been 1.2438. When i use a VP signal on a daily I always use a VP stop. If unsure of the signal i reduce my position size.

So far todays high is 1.2364 low so far of 1.2230. So at present theres about 60 pips. I am happy with that, if I took the the trade. Do to travelling I did not.

Have posted the scan signal, 1 line of the actuals and the predictions.Pboyles, Am sure you can understand these...Also a MT4 shot of present.

Cheers.

Attachments

• usdcad.JPG
    usdcad.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 228
  • usdcadactpred.JPG
    usdcadactpred.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 215
  • usdcadmt4.JPG
    usdcadmt4.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 195
VPs cal for monday 9/2/2009 opening. Tells me the jpy is getting weaker, so no dought other jpy crosses will perform also

EUR/JPY long
CHF/JPY long

Euro Jpy

Hi Paul,
EURO JPY - Very strong support at 114.49 and medium strong support at 115.65 - direction I agree is long.
George

VPs cal for monday 9/2/2009 opening. Tells me the jpy is getting weaker, so no dought other jpy crosses will perform also

EUR/JPY long
CHF/JPY long

Hi Paul,
EURO JPY - Very strong support at 114.49 and medium strong support at 115.65 - direction I agree is long.
George

Cheers George,

Am going to have a good look at it today, before i set my positions. Also, thinking the jpy has had a good run up and the jpy government needs to lower the currency in order to protect its exports, just a matter of time i think before we see a weaker jpy.

Hi Paul,
There is slight divergence of the EuroJpy so there may be a retracement down but it is weak divergence at the moment.
George
PS - I'd better buy that Sony TV this week then!
Cheers George,

Am going to have a good look at it today, before i set my positions. Also, thinking the jpy has had a good run up and the jpy government needs to lower the currency in order to protect its exports, just a matter of time i think before we see a weaker jpy.

Hi Paul,
There is slight divergence of the EuroJpy so there may be a retracement down but it is weak divergence at the moment.
George
PS - I'd better buy that Sony TV this week then!

Will only enter small positions due to the fact that the imformation is 2 days old. VP is not reliable after big news events. Needs time to settle.

I think a pioneer tv is better george.

Treading careful with VP at present. Has given some shockers recently. Maybe its all the news from Obama"s package or something. Notsure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pboyles, I might be eating humble pie soon.

Hi Paul,
EURO JPY - Very strong support continues at 114.49 and medium strong support at 115.45 has emerged. Watch that level for confirmation of upmove. It looks very like the bottom was at 23rd January.
George
Treading careful with VP at present. Has given some shockers recently. Maybe its all the news from Obama"s package or something. Notsure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pboyles, I might be eating humble pie soon.

Hi Paul,
EURO JPY - Very strong support continues at 114.49 and medium strong support at 115.45 has emerged. Watch that level for confirmation of upmove. It looks very like the bottom was at 23rd January.
George

George you bloody hit that on the head. Everytime i go against your indicator set-up things go wrong. When will this be available?

Pboyles. How much pie do I have to eat? The person whom Iwas dealing with at VP was Steve Sanderfer and his direction was very good in relation how to use VP. He has since left and I am now experiencing what so many others have complained about. i have now been dealing with people that have no idea about trading, set-ups, entries or even what FOREX is. Understand, VP has been re-written since you had it also.YOU KNOW HOW PRO I HAVE BEEN AND vp HAS MADE SOME GOOD MONEY FOR ME. however, i think it comes down to the person you are dealing with at VP. Some know, most don't. period

Can you make that a nice pie PLEASE.

THANKYOU GEORGE.

George you bloody hit that on the head. Everytime i go against your indicator set-up things go wrong. When will this be available?

Pboyles. How much pie do I have to eat? The person whom Iwas dealing with at VP was Steve Sanderfer and his direction was very good in relation how to use VP. He has since left and I am now experiencing what so many others have complained about. i have now been dealing with people that have no idea about trading, set-ups, entries or even what FOREX is. Understand, VP has been re-written since you had it also.YOU KNOW HOW PRO I HAVE BEEN AND vp HAS MADE SOME GOOD MONEY FOR ME. however, i think it comes down to the person you are dealing with at VP. Some know, most don't. period

Can you make that a nice pie PLEASE.

THANKYOU GEORGE.

Patong,

I was never able to get any usefull info from VP, that was always part of my problem with them. I understand that maybe the sales guys dont know how to use it but you'd think the guys that programmed it would know. You were lucky that you got at least some good info.

As for various systems posted on Traderchat many of them worked for a while, perhaps a few months in fact, however there were always drawdowns and eventually they stopped working. This was particularly true for PST and PMT crossover systems as they worked well in some market conditions and failed in others, because its EOD trading there could be quite long periods of success or failure.

It may be that your system is just having a drawdown or it may have stopped working, I suppose there's no way to know until its too late, that is what really scares me about VP and its why I daytrade short timeframes now.

I'd really like to see VP working for you as that would mean that I could maybe make some use of it, I just hope youre not trading live or at least not with too big a size.

Patong,

I was never able to get any usefull info from VP, that was always part of my problem with them. I understand that maybe the sales guys dont know how to use it but you'd think the guys that programmed it would know. You were lucky that you got at least some good info.

As for various systems posted on Traderchat many of them worked for a while, perhaps a few months in fact, however there were always drawdowns and eventually they stopped working. This was particularly true for PST and PMT crossover systems as they worked well in some market conditions and failed in others, because its EOD trading there could be quite long periods of success or failure.

It may be that your system is just having a drawdown or it may have stopped working, I suppose there's no way to know until its too late, that is what really scares me about VP and its why I daytrade short timeframes now.

I'd really like to see VP working for you as that would mean that I could maybe make some use of it, I just hope youre not trading live or at least not with too big a size.

Cheers Pboyles.

I trade live also. My positions with VP are small. 1 or 2 lots, now .2

What has freaked me out, is they just re-wrote the algo for it and it seems real bad. Was getting some great results, now zero. The new VP has some great features, but its money in my pocket that counts. In fx, its way off the pass, but been good on the metal recently. hmmmmm. Steve Sanderfer was the man to deal with, and now he has left, or been sacked. Who knows. I was dealing with idiots last night. Could not believe it, which is now i understand where you are coming from more.

I try to be positive and objective. You will always get the truth from me , whatever the case.

So enough of that rubbish. I prefer a pussy pie. can do? not too big though.

presently short Cable at 1.4218, 68.1 fib retrac and about support/resistance level .:mad:4 lots

Hi Paul,
Cable is going sideways according to my indicators. What pressure there is, is down, but there is a possible bottom at 1.4092 on the cash chart.
If you send me your trades privately on my email address I will tell you the probable direction and the S&R levels that are current. That is before you place the trades.
George
Cheers Pboyles.

I trade live also. My positions with VP are small. 1 or 2 lots, now .2

What has freaked me out, is they just re-wrote the algo for it and it seems real bad. Was getting some great results, now zero. The new VP has some great features, but its money in my pocket that counts. In fx, its way off the pass, but been good on the metal recently. hmmmmm. Steve Sanderfer was the man to deal with, and now he has left, or been sacked. Who knows. I was dealing with idiots last night. Could not believe it, which is now i understand where you are coming from more.

I try to be positive and objective. You will always get the truth from me , whatever the case.

So enough of that rubbish. I prefer a pussy pie. can do? not too big though.

presently short Cable at 1.4218, 68.1 fib retrac and about support/resistance level .:mad:4 lots

People either ~hate~ VantagePoint, or, they ~love~ it... and my experience with V8.0 has been that it is a bit more accurate than previous versions... seriously.....

The "blue line-black line MA crossovers" the advertisements show indeed cannot be used 'blindly' - but have to be judged in context with what the other indicators in VP are telling you at the same time... and then the picture becomes much clearer....

There are crossovers, & then there are CROSSOVERS...

VP is not perfect, not failproof -- but once you learn to read things, the full suite of VP indicators does help discern "the good ones", the good opportunities.

You might be interested to check out a thread on TraderPlanet.com where I've posted a Forex trading method using VP, along with forward test/live trades .... and it ~IS working for me, that's all I can say.

Trading GBP/USD using VantagePoint SW - TraderPlanet - Forums

In the webinar section on TraderPlanet there are also several videos posted from several different traders using VP, apparently successfully.... I liked the VP trading approach video posted by 'Bernadette' the most.

[TraderPlanet is fairly new, kind of like FaceBook for traders, + Forums & Commentaries & some ebooks & other stuff]

They've also got a new 'contest' going on: www.traderplanet.com/contest

Cheers & Good Trading :rolleyes:

p.s. I too had good inputs from Steve Sanderfer in the past -- sorry to hear he has departed!

If VP is good enough at predictions of Hi & Lo for next day (which on a small sample last week it seemed to be), I'd be interested to have dialogue with any other trader who has it.
My current trading method is quite simple, low-stress (scalping & day-trading on AAPL only, as CFDs) but recently AAPL has been more unpredictable, hence the interest in VP.
Last week I did 2 days trial with the Hi and Lo from VP (from their office) and was surprised by result, but not big enough sample imho as I also got good predictions from pivot points those 2 days, which were almost as good.

No, it's seriously rubbish - don't do it.

What is your opinion based on?
The silly thing is I only need it for two measly figures (Hi & Lo on AAPL for the next day)... its very valuable if it works!

I'd pay someone who already has it a grand amount on a standing order if they sent me those two figures daily... IF they are deemed to be anything like 75-86% accurate.

On a 2-day VP test I did last Monday & Tues, the Hi was predicted at an unbelievable 549 (it went to 538; but after 2 hrs trading the next day, it DID go to 549), and a low of 525 which was about right. Second day it predicted 538 revised later to 546 (it went to 548) and lo of 536.25 (went to 536.5).

But the first day I also got very accurate [free] pivot predictions (537.86 and 523.6) which were even more accurate for that day.The same source got them wildly wrong on the third day though!

The attitude of the sales people gives cause for major concern, and as you indicate, there's a lot of people think they were ripped off (I can see though that some probably don't use it intelligently).

With those 2 reliable figures, my trading method can easily make $5000 and $9000 a day, from what I've done in past year when it was more predictable. Recently had to do smaller trades, or none, because its harder to predict.