USA Debt Crisis

Why not?
Both were sparked by mob reaction to police action (not that I'm suggesting they are right, or that is justification btw).

I agree with the Dutch police officer on the BBC World program and local youth leaders this was just opportunism by a criminal minded few rather than grievances with the police.

I think the community will back the police on this one re: gun crime and keeping law and order.

I agree with the Dutch police officer on the BBC World program and local youth leaders this was just opportunism by a criminal minded few rather than grievances with the police.

I think the community will back the police on this one re: gun crime and keeping law and order.

Were they around to pass comment on Broadwater 85 as well...

They are the same:
Percieved police brutality used as an excuse to lash out against the system.
Only reason its more widespread is mobile phone and internet co-ordination.
Even then, Broadwater was a follow on from Brixton riots a week earlier in 85...
No more from me, cba, no offence, but you would argue black was white till the cows come home ;)

(y)(y):)

Wow! I agree with an Atilla post!

Were they around to pass comment on Broadwater 85 as well...

They are the same:
Percieved police brutality used as an excuse to lash out against the system.
Only reason its more widespread is mobile phone and internet co-ordination.
Even then, Broadwater was a follow on from Brixton riots a week earlier in 85...
No more from me, cba, no offence, but you would argue black was white till the cows come home ;)

I had higher opinions of you dude. There's no point in me responding then is there.

I have Pazienza on my ignore list and would you like me to add you there so I don't waste my time talking to someone who has made up his mind and beyond discussion. :|

I like the vid.

We didn't need a credit agency to blah blah blah...... yeah woteva m8..apparently you did !

The arrogance of these types is astounding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14451687

President Obama said: "Markets will rise and fall. But this is the United States of America.

"No matter what some agency may say, we've always been and always will be a triple-A country."

:LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, do any of you know what actually sparked the violence?
I'm just wondering whether being a Negroid opens more channels of communication and makes one privy to different information.

I'm just wondering whether being a Negroid opens more channels of communication and makes one privy to different information.

People knew they could get away with a bit. Then they pushed a bit further, then a bit further, then a bit further. They'll stop when they can't get away with it any more.

People are rioting and looting because it's fun, and you can get a new HTC without paying for it.

Police shot a taxi driver who was considered to be in possession of a gun on Thursday. No comment or announcement from the police on the incident. Been passed to IPC to investigate.

Friday - family members start a peaceful protest asking questions - demanding some information.

After 5 hours of waiting and peaceful protest there was some comment that they were harshly dealt with and one female got a back hander for being lippy. (I'm not sure if this is true but this was what was passed around the brothers).

Hey presto!

Bit of a soft touch and empathy & compassion may have avoided issue. Dunno the truth.

I reckon if my son got shot I'd like to be informed and updated of what why when how. Not treated in a dismissive manner. You know invited into the police station and offered tea and biscuits and given an explanation of brief events and process to be followed.

The stuff about being involved in drugs and everything else is not confirmed. Journalists make up a lot of it don't they... I mean if he was a taxi driver he was employed.

I'm not sure if all this is true just what I've heard and listened to. :rolleyes:

During the protests for this Duggan geezer, a 16 year old girl threw a stone at the police. She was then set upon by about 8 police with night sticks who beat the sh1t out of her while she was on the floor. The crowd kicked off after that.

Didn't show that on the news did they?

Video should be online by now. Have a hunt.

During the protests for this Duggan geezer, a 16 year old girl threw a stone at the police. She was then set upon by about 8 police with night sticks who beat the sh1t out of her while she was on the floor. The crowd kicked off after that.

That explains why they're smashing up New Street in Birmingham, and setting fire to the party shop and looting Ladbrokes on Lavender Hill.

The extensive footage of clashes that I've seen show the police behaving with remarkable restraint.

Have you got this footage? I would be interested to see it, because I find it hard to believe that 8 police officers would beat the sh1t out of an unarmed girl whilst she was on the floor.

Indices bounced pretty hard this morning, retraced and are heading back up now.

Bottomed out?

Some people apart from the looters/rioters are loving this at the moment.

For example, if you're a psycho and happen at the same time to be a Policeman you're like a pig in **** at the moment :)

I reckon you are probably right. Perhaps by the time news filtered down it was a backhander for being lippy.

Where did you here that?

I'm wondering which way the Chinese whispers flowed.

Whilst it doesn't condone the action it is a key point as opposed to the shooting.

Also - am I the only one thinking the Police have got a grudge and they are reluctant to move in after being demoralised in the last few years by the politicians and lowly salaries?

This is certainly opening quite a few can of worms.

I reckon the root cause of our troubles the bankers no doubt well happy so I'm sure it will turn out ok. I was wondering how quickly events might move if the yops moved in on the City. If they only knew amount of plasmas all over the trading floor they'd have a field day.

I'm cynical about everything. No trust, honesty or integrity left anywhere. :(

YM put in a 600 pt rally (!) before sliding back a bit, pretty much before London woke up.

Crazy markets.

Be interesting to see how we open today. Just for fun, I'm guessing a sharp spike up, followed by a slide off. I'd be surprised if we broke the lows again today, we'd need another 500 pts of the Dow, 50 pts off S&P.